Aussie language teacher shot in Chiang Mai car park by Thai girlfriend

webfact

2 minutes ago, Top Chef said:

Using deadly force is not self-defense. Unless the man had a gun or a knife

ANOTHER OUT OF CONTROL, HOT HEADED THAI 

"Using deadly force is not self-defense. Unless the man had a gun or a knife"  Probably true in a western nation, but here, who knows how that or any similar defence is applied?

• Like 1

He could choose between 1000's of farm girls in their 20's willing to have a relationship with a farang, but no , he choose a 38 year old with a gun. Go figure.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

I was told the same by the Colonel who got me my gun. He told me to empty the gun into any intruder as he did not want to have to come to my house with an intruder who was still alive.

What do YOU need a gun for ?

Very sad affair,but to try to answer why she had the gun,she says she had already been assaulted twice before,so who is to say she is not telling the truth,and she maybe did as she said,but it did not stop him.He may have called her bluff and continued and so to the shooting,But as in many cases here.unless there are witnesses then we all know how a thai can tell the lie,and as we all know not only the thai.So we have to hope he survives and able to continue his work,the rest of it or part of it will come out in the court.No guesses as to who will be the winner.At lease he is alive with hope.

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

So she claims she reported it to police--an easy check.  Why is it the Thai is wrong before you get enough information?

Its nothing to do with her being Thai.. She shot someone, claims to have been assaulted in the past.. If there are police reports and investigation to back up her claims, fair enough.. But the comment I replied to, inferred that she had been attacked in the past, therefore justifying the shooting !! No evidence either way, just her word for it... 

39 minutes ago, Top Chef said:

Using deadly force is not self-defense. Unless the man had a gun or a knife

ANOTHER OUT OF CONTROL, HOT HEADED THAI 

Attempted Murder in my book

I h ope your not English because today there will be news about an farang guy who kicked his GF to dead in Det Udom, because then we can say an other fragile farang ego who could not handle his alchohol and had to kick the brains in of an innocent girl.

Maybe that teaches people not to condemn whole groups of people based on the actions of a few.

Anyway this news is already in the BKK post.

5 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

First two shots she probably missed as it's unlikely she has fired a gun before.   Anyway; as a Farang here is lower to most Thai's than a Cockroach she will not be seen to have done much wrong !

Why is it unlikely she's fired a gun before, she owns a gun and there are ranges all over the place.

I could be down the local range firing my choice of weapons within 20 minutes of leaving my house on any given day of the week.

5 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

First two shots she probably missed as it's unlikely she has fired a gun before.

Sorry, that is the kind of assumption that can end up with somebody shot after two warning shots......................:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Of course he will give a completely different version of events.

There are 3 sides to every story.

There is her side

There is his side 

and there is the truth

But should be easy to check her side.. if those assault reports are true.. and they can verify that the guy his credibility diminishes.

Lets wait to hear his story and find more out from the police..  

Did she call him.. did he go there to stalk here.. ect.

Four sides in Thailand, the one you pay for...........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

With girlfriends like that .... who needs enemies!

Many of you are really stubborn :smile:

She is not his girlfriend anymore, they have separated, he only considers that she is still his girlfriend, but to make a couple normally it takes the agreement of both!

Edited by Tchooptip

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

Your logic and arguments pail when you apparently do not even know there are universities in Chiang Mai?

The article claims she reported his attacks on her twice before to police--that should be rather easy to verify. If so, why not carry a gun to protect herself--or would you prefer a knife?

It appears from the story that it was the Oz who wanted to get back together.

Why not wait until more is known before simply assuming the girl was at fault? 

you logic is nonsense as i know there are universities in chiang mai, i was suggesting it was CMU as other news outlets reported. and if you read the thread, which can't be too hard you will see that i said it could be either fault. also , no i don;t think it was necessary to go out carrying a gun when she could have called the police and remained in the condo. but i still don;t know the full circumstances of that and neither do you. 

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Its nothing to do with her being Thai.. She shot someone, claims to have been assaulted in the past.. If there are police reports and investigation to back up her claims, fair enough.. But the comment I replied to, inferred that she had been attacked in the past, therefore justifying the shooting !! No evidence either way, just her word for it... 

So, then you have no information to doubt her word.

38 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

you logic is nonsense as i know there are universities in chiang mai, i was suggesting it was CMU as other news outlets reported. and if you read the thread, which can't be too hard you will see that i said it could be either fault. also , no i don;t think it was necessary to go out carrying a gun when she could have called the police and remained in the condo. but i still don;t know the full circumstances of that and neither do you. 

I suspect that (apparently) having reported him to the police twice before, she (apparently) thought that it would be a waste of time doing it again! 

And possibly she didn't know that he was in the car park waiting for her? 

But, I hope that her gun is licensed - somehow I suspect not, and as per usual with these events, we'll probably hear no more about it, and be left to our usual speculations - next please!

Edited by sambum

28 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

I have no problem acknowledging it could be either persons' fault, because we do not know. Why did she have the gun? Well, perhaps she does not think as you apparently do, she claims she was attacked twice before and reported it to police, maybe she thought she needed it for protection—is that too far a reach for you?  Then you leap to the conclusion she intended to shoot him; based on what evidence; that she carried a gun for protection? Do you have any idea of how many registered guns there are in Thailand? Don’t let your nanny state mentality overwhelm you. Remember your statement, " . . . it could be either fault . . ."