Russian ex soldier denies everything despite "overwhelming evidence" in Pattaya exchange booth attack

webfact

1 hour ago, bangkoken said:

A very dangerous person yet, never put in handcuffs by the Police. Not a good way to go about your business when arresting a guy this big and this violent. Twenty years in the NYPD taught me well.

You should give them a helping hand, sir. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

A true savage criminal.  The brain-dead ham&egger had on a motorcycle helmet (disguised), was there a need to pummel the poor lady to a pulp?

apparently yes, what went on in his mind we will never know, ex soldier, huge surge of adrenalin, probably being a psychopath didn't help plus he doesn't appear to be very intelligent but I repeat myself, I have already said he was a soldier.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

He’s probably aware of the Thai justice system and is denying guilt until sentencing. After the sentence is announced, he’ll admit it and have his sentence reduced by half.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I think slightly different. If he admits the charges he will be remanded until sentencing by the courts. If he denies it, he can apply for bail. Not my rules, it's the way of the Thai courts. I don't think in this instance he has a cat in hells chance of getting bail or getting off. It sounds like he has very little funds anyway. I feel fairly sure, his wife knew what he was going to do.

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

That won't work, you have to admit before sentencing, in fact that doesn't always seem to work, there was a case where the criminal admitted everything but only after the police showed him overwhelming evidence so his admittance of guilt made no difference to his sentence.

Yes, you are right there. Also, when the evidence is overwhelming and they plead guilty, the court takes gives little credit because it is obvious they would be convicted anyway. The half sentence comes in to save court time and calling police, witnesses and clogging up the courts'schedule.

12 hours ago, BEVUP said:

& adding to that he mentions he came a year ago & couldn't find work' leading to his funds running out

yeah.  And exactly what type of visa(s) has he been on in order to stay one year?  Seems like he would have to have bent or broken a lot of rules?

I doubt there's anything logical in this denial. He was arrested at the boarding gate, apparently; he's probably in a state of shock and nonacceptance. Can you imagine the psychological impact of seeing your "oh so perfect" Instagrammatic and Facebookish life go down the pan at the apparent moment of triumph. Perfect timing by the RTP, if I may say so, even if it was accidental.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xaos said:

Can you apply for bail if there are 100% proofs you did it and you still deny it at court?

Unfortunately, yes.

It depends if a Judge intervenes and states that he is refusing bail as the guy is a flight risk, a danger to the public and the evidence overwhelming and irrefutable. I once saw the bail refused in a passport fraud case, but I have also seen many others where evidence was substantial, but bail was granted.

If the Judge doesn't directly intervene, this guy could, in theory, be back on the streets.

38 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Little update.

He still denies, and said he was at the beach at the time (yeh right 8am) (and he is on cctv with backpack, and then that bike was found 2h later on front of his house)

I dont know what charges he faces cuz I dont understand thai, but they told me he faces 10 years so far, he was no so impressed when they told him that.

They moved him to court jail, and cops are going to drive bloodied gloves to lab in bkk

he faces 10 years "

now that is more like it ! whoever talked about months ?

How you can draw a comparison to the US leader, DJT, just shows you're kind of confused on world geography. Russia "Deny everything, cry foul play". DJT "fake news". You mixed them together. Doesn't work.

In your world, do all news headlines, no matter what, lead to a DJT bash?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 10:04 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Give this Russian thug lots of jail time and tell the other prisoners what

he did to  the Thai lady

Geezer

No worries there, i would imagine the prison guards will make sure the other inmates know what this ba..strd did!

He can always bribe himself out of it......oh wait... all that money belongs to the Thai bank. And he is broke . 10 years it is then. And no soup for you.  

Edited by balo

On 17/04/2018 at 10:02 AM, Xaos said:

Little update.

He still denies, and said he was at the beach at the time (yeh right 8am) (and he is on cctv with backpack, and then that bike was found 2h later on front of his house)

I dont know what charges he faces cuz I dont understand thai, but they told me he faces 10 years so far, he was no so impressed when they told him that.

They moved him to court jail, and cops are going to drive bloodied gloves to lab in bkk

https://www.instagram.com/jily__hackers/

The more I read from her writings, the more I think that she encouraged him to do it.

On the 11th she wrote that one should just take what they want, not just think about it.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:41 AM, Bangkokazy said:

...THE RUSSIAN SUMMER CAMPS WHERE STUDENTS BOX AND ASSEMBLE AK-47S

Blesener_00.jpg

I'd love to teach at that summer camp.  The three gals in the back row could use a lesson in "This is my rifle, this is my gun.  This is for fighting, this is for fun."

The Russian still denies everything ?

"I was not there" "It's not me on CCTV"  " I am just a tourist"    :crazy:

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

On 17.4.2018 at 11:16 AM, Xaos said:

Can you apply for bail if there are 100% proofs you did it and you still deny it at court?

A bit ago here was some news about somebody who murdered another person, admitted it and was let free on bail after. Can't remember more details anymore, so no idea where to find it.

This guy and his wife are locked up at court, waiting court case, they said might take time like month+ so he can get lawyer and prepare defence.

Wird cuz thought they do it quick.

Thier kid was sent in to care.

• Like 1

There is a for rent sign on the  exchange booth now.

P_20180419_181639.thumb.jpg.49045402d557a247a9b2e06999b6994a.jpg&key=6b0ea75fa9470df5632de5de0f980da0c2fdc54fe16b2fc8d71d8701d258c8ac

...the "CC exchange" booth on the other side of the road is still operating.

This one is closing down due to high rent not robbery.