Ordering from Lazada

EricTh

Up until my last order I have never had a problem with Lazada and paying them when I placed an order using my Bangkok Bank ATM card

This time Lazada cancelled a cell phone order and case  @ 3 PM the day the order was supposed to be delivered.  They refunded the funds to BB in a couple of days for the phone and I refused the case (not very practical without the phone) and that took almost two weeks to be refunded

So going forward I will use the COD option

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, elektrified said:

The thing about Lazada is not the company itself, which as has been said, seems to be on top of the IT side and so forth.

Agreed.  Not just the IT side, but the fulfillment side.  I get stuff through them (and AliExpress- now owned by the same outfit) from China for less than the cost of sending a letter to China.  I'm at a loss to figure out how I can get something for $3-5 shipped "free" from China.  It costs that much to send an international letter, and that doesn't include the value of the goodies.   

In that respect, the difference between AliExpress and Lazada on international orders is that Lazada's price is all-in.  No customs surprises, ever.    With AliExpress, I've had to pay import duties on some high value items I've received.  The only time that was a problem was one AliExpress shipment where I was out of the country for a month and the deadline to retrieve the shipment at the Post Office expired before I got back.  But that's one shipment out of 50+ from AliExpress and no significant issues with over 100 orders from Lazada.

Now, if only Lazada would fix their search function and re-implement the wish list that disappeared on their last upgrade.  AliExpress's search function is no great shakes, either, BTW.

Edit:  I'm not negating the guys who have had problems.  I suspect it happens.  All I can pass on is my own experiences, and the numbers that say that even if I do have future problems, the convenience beats the crap out of scrounging the markets in Bangkok, and paying in advance beats the inconvenience of waiting around to pay for a COD.   I order it, and it shows up in my mailbox, or with the apartment security guys.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2018 at 8:48 AM, impulse said:

In that respect, the difference between AliExpress and Lazada on international orders is that Lazada's price is all-in.

Actually if you are buying items under 1,500 baht there would not be a customs charge even if checked - but the big thing is buying through Lazada means local merchants selling at about twice the price you can find on Aliexpress in my experience.  Check closely.  I will only use Lazada for items located in Thailand myself but my purchases are of lower value items.

For payment of Lazada now using the direct account transfer option from online bank account - and it seems to work very well.  Not have to search around for the money COD envelope when delivered so anyone in home can take delivery.  Used to be a 10 baht fee with Bangkok Bank but that seems to be gone now.

On 4/21/2018 at 3:10 PM, Jingthing said:

Does anyone know if Thai Post delivers packages on Sundays? I missed a Lazada delivery today (Saturday) because of poor messaging from the website. 

Thai Post does not, but if you are expecting an EMS shipment, it could be delivered on a Sunday by courier; TNT, Kerry Express, etc.

On 4/18/2018 at 8:48 AM, impulse said:

Agreed.  Not just the IT side, but the fulfillment side.  I get stuff through them (and AliExpress- now owned by the same outfit) from China for less than the cost of sending a letter to China.  I'm at a loss to figure out how I can get something for $3-5 shipped "free" from China.  It costs that much to send an international letter, and that doesn't include the value of the goodies.   

It's because the Chinese use a service called "mailbag" which is extremely cheap. Thai Post also has mailbag for sellers who sell things for less than 100 Baht. It has restrictions and a very high volume is required.

I've ordered loads of items, large and small, local and overseas, Paypal, Credit Card and cash with no delivery issues. My missus always gets a phone call and the driver will drop off the items at my office or a cafe two doors down if we're out.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant