Here's your world class family destination - Pattaya farang tourist does the pointing!

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

Pattaya is never going to be a 5 star family tourist destination. Got to give the TAT lots of creit, i don't know who makes the brochures that keep them flocking in by the droves but they deserve a raise.

Hilton, Holiday Inn and Sheraton obviously think it worthy, and these hotels do quite well.  Get inside these places and you actually could be anywhere.

Surely someone can report where this mountain of trash comes from, the Wat, despite being more commercial than a Wat should be, seems unlikely, but the nearby markets must be contenders.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BaldPlumber said:

But you cannot just leave your rubbish in the street, awaiting collection.

The local council might be very bad at picking your waste up, but they're extremely good at fining you if you contravene one of their many regulations.

Actually, I think they're talking about 3 week collections now - madness.

exactly

If the market produces this much rubbish on a daily/hourly basis then there should be a facility provided to collect it Daily/hourly instead of just throwing it in the street - it is littering on a grand scale

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Fact, Thais are world class litter bugs.

I think it might have to do with selfishness and plain old ignorance.yes it's the hub of litter and when it does go to the waste tip the incinerators are unable to cope if they are working.god knows what thailand would look like if it wasn't for the recycle collectors.

• Like 2

When I first came to Thailand, we dumped our trash just on the other side of the street. Then once in a week or so we would burn it. Now for the past few years, I actually see real garbage trucks roaming around on the streets, amazing.

• Thanks 1