Dog vs Cobra - who are you rooting for!?

webfact

Dog vs Cobra - who are you rooting for!?

8pm.jpg

video screenshot

TNA showed a video - complete with all the bells and whistles of a Thai soap opera - of a fight between a cobra and a dog.

The female presenter says she is rooting for the dog though the male presenter says that's not fair.

She explains that snakes keep arriving unannounced in people's houses and back yards and this was a guard dog.

A house owner in the video explained that the dog usually barks when something is amiss.

The video showed the dog get the better of the cobra - the snake was shown lying in a dead heap towards the end of the encounter.

Source: TNA

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-03

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, topt said:

Very surprised that the snake did not get to bite the dog whilst it was throwing the snake around by it's tail/body?

I have seen a house cat kill a Rattle Snake ( that is ten times faster to strike then a cobra) in Texas. Against a aggressive dog vs a cobra,I will bet on the dog every time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Seems that Thai society protects the killer snakes,  more then it protects the interests of it's citizens ?

Isnt society made up of citizens?

So a fight between a dog and a snake leads you to that derogatory view of thai society/citizens?

Britain discourages the sale and consumption of horsemeat.  Yet it is acceptable in france and many other parts of europe.

Hey britain cares more for its horses than it does its people

• Thanks 1

Bangkaew are excellent snake fighters. Thai Ridgebacks are good as well. My girlfriend bought a small farm recently and we plan to get one of each when we move there permanently for exactly this reason. An added benefit is they are good guard dogs as well.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Well there you go. It must be a: I've had too much to drink, b: I need glasses or c: being both a and b, because I'm sure I saw 2 dogs not one. :burp:

No mate, you were stone cold sober and saw two dogs having a go, at the snake,  that is.:thumbsup:

But what would the video have been if not for the boings and whistles to add to the excitement?

That dog is quite gentle with the snake. Whenever one of my dogs gets a snake the entire garden seems like a crime scene with body parts everywhere. Once she got a giant rat (size of a small cat) and all walls and rooftop were covered in blood. :)

Cobra doesn't have a chance against a determined dog,  they can't strike as fast as other snakes, they can't leap, can only strike as far as they are raised.  but if the dog grabs it too far behind the head, without slinging it, it can be bitten several times, and its curtains for the dog, and possibly the snake as well. 

8 hours ago, uffe123 said:

Depends on what kind on Cobra. One dog in Buri Ram wasnt that lucky, it was a spitting cobra, and spit the dog in the eyes. the dog is blind.

Cobra 1, dog 0

12 hours ago, car720 said:

Dog will win every time.  Have seen it up close so many times.

Yep not sure how but they always win. First couple times I tried to intervene to help my dogs out worried they would die now I leave em be. Worst that happened one of the dogs got a fang broken off in his gum so definitely got bit. His head swelled up like a watermelon and he was pretty crook but lived to fight another day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Bangkaew are excellent snake fighters. Thai Ridgebacks are good as well.

Go with the Ridgeback... I have a Bangkaew and they are awesome but hard work..

Our neighbors have a Ridgeback and it's a great dog. I saw it nail a big cobra last year !!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Seems that Thai society protects the killer snakes,  more then it protects the interests of it's citizens ?

Bloody  dogs, the snakes  will keep coming as cobras eat OTHER snakes so well done to the dog  supporters you have just increased your  supply of snakes by  killing the one snake that actually controls the snake population.

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

My dog is now alarming me when there's a snake.  When she sees me arriving at the scene, she starts to attack the snake in a vicious way, sort of to say "you see what a good dog I am boss".  Btw, she's way more vicious than the dog in this video.

13 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Isnt society made up of citizens?

So a fight between a dog and a snake leads you to that derogatory view of thai society/citizens?

Britain discourages the sale and consumption of horsemeat.  Yet it is acceptable in france and many other parts of europe.

Hey britain cares more for its horses than it does its people

Well actually we in Britain discourage the sale and consumption of human meat too, so your assumption doesn't hold.

14 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Depends on the colour of the dogs tongue. Thais have told me a dog with a black tongue will survive a cobra bite.

Yeahhhh and amulets will save your life!!!

• Like 1