What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Just watched an enjoyable movie from last year entitled "Million Dollar Arm," with Jon Hamm, Aasif Mandvi (Jon Stewart's Daily Show), and one of the Indian actors from Slumdog and the one from Life of Pi. 7.1 on IMDB, and I'd agree. Sports agent Jon Hamm goes to India in last ditch effort to save his career to find two Cricket Bowlers to turn into pro baseball pitchers in the US. Haven't looked for it on torrents, but watched it on Star Movies CTH.

I guess this is to cheer up any India cricket fans for what happened today in Melbourne. Congrats to you Ozzies!

bit strange i have had this movie downloaded for a while, but only last night decided to watch it, an enjoyable movie, always good when they show the actual persons in photo's at the end. Life of Pi man was also in Homeland.

I saw PK this last weekend. A bollywood movie. Can be found in MBK. Its amazing and touching. I give it 5/5 BKKBobby-stars.

+1 and another 5/5 stars...

As a matter of fact, most Amir Khan starring movies are good. Dil Chahta Hai and 3 Idiots to name a couple.

Kill Me Three Times

IMDB: Professional hit-man Charlie Wolfe finds himself in three tales of murder, blackmail and revenge after a botched contract assignment.

I'm only giving this one a pass because it's set in my home state of WAsmile.png

Seems to me like a poor mans Tarantino movie. Bryan Brown has a good

cameo though.

I thought it was fair and agree with IMDB's rating of 6.5.

• Like 2

on franks ? reco ' cheers !!! steadily getting through series one

of madam secretary. whilst atm dont think its hit the heights that the likes of suits good wife ect ect has . and with its core story tbh i thought it would struggle but its kept it together well, & its certainly a good filler in and overall an enjoyable watch.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Banished seems good watched the first episode,apart from the convicts well spoken accents, no slang.

Suits in my opinion seems to be getting stale, when will the story about Harvard, stop biting everyone in the arse, and Jessica's love life, just kick the dick into touch

The good wife is always fresh, and keeps the interest high, I like madam secretary and has some good story lines.

The Americans are back, and there is also a new similar themed show allegiance.

The amazing race always keep me entertained, the tasks they have to perform are always inventive.

Chicago fire and Chicago Pd, are both good shows, and the ties ins between shows helps.

• Like 2

Banished seems good watched the first episode,apart from the convicts well spoken accents, no slang.

Suits in my opinion seems to be getting stale, when will the story about Harvard, stop biting everyone in the arse, and Jessica's love life, just kick the dick into touch

The good wife is always fresh, and keeps the interest high, I like madam secretary and has some good story lines.

The amazing race always keep me entertained, the tasks they have to perform are always inventive.

Chicago fire and Chicago Pd, are both good shows, and the ties ins between shows helps.

Just could not get into banished ,found it very unconvincing , and the acting wooden ,shame as i was looking foreward to it.

• Like 1

yeah , suits i'm getting v close to knocking it on the.head real shame , i've been a huge fan and it's run some seriousely good series, now imo its heading towards relying on watchers attachment to charecters and turning the show into atm a slightly above average soap?.

and, feels justified is almost rushing to tie up all loose ends in heading towards an appropriate ending for raymond and his ten gallon wanna b!!! however it'll be missed.

• Like 1

Robot Overlords (now showing in Thai cinemas)

Another teen saves the world movie..seems to be a run of them at the moment...this one was okay, not really anything too dark. 6/10 from me

Following the invasion and occupation of Earth by a race of powerful robots, humans are confined to their homes, leaving without permission would be to risk their lives. Monitored by the electronic implants in their necks, the robot sentries are able to track the movements of humans in order to control them.

In what starts out as a bit of fun, a bunch of clever kids manage to tamper with the implants in their necks and stay out after their curfew. Having discovered the capabilities of the electronic implants, they quickly realise how important this information could be to save the imprisoned human race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Overlords

https://youtu.be/zr_5U4y6EG8

• Like 2

For those who enjoy British humour, I recommend 'The Wrong Mans'. First series 6 episodes, second series (a Christmas Special) 2 episodes. It's cleverly executed and funny.

The fat chubby one has been earmarked to replace Craig Ferguson on the late late show according to a news report seen yesterday. They (yanks) have never heard of him...

The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz

IMDB: The story of programming prodigy and information activist Aaron Swartz, who took his own life at the age of 26.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3268458/?ref_=nv_sr_6

Watched this cracking show last night.

One of the best doco's I've seen for a while.

I'd rate it an 8+ every day of the week.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Anyone still following 12 Monkeys? gets confusing with the date swaps alll the time, not sure where its going now, I even wonder if the writers do

So far, I'm good with the time swaps but I have been watching the last episodes back to back over the weekend. I guess, that makes it easier to follow. I am rather curious how they will continue. The ending of the show will not necessarily match the ending of the film and with a second season to follow I am assuming we must prepare for a nice cliffhanger. What a mess...

• Like 1

Anyone still following 12 Monkeys?

No. I gave up on it and never found a second episode of Man in the High Castle that came out at the same time.

Wasn't "Man in the High Castle" an Amazon Pilot? I think they already decided to order a complete series.

TV Series - Bnei Aruba AKA Hostages

I'm 2 episodes in and I think I've found one here gang.

Not to be confused with the US series starring Dylan McDermott, this one is from Israel.

IMDB: The night before a high profile operation on the PM, the surgeon due to perform the procedure is surprised
at her family home by four masked men. The gang quickly take control of her and her family and order her to kill the PM.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3242480/?ref_=nv_sr_1

8BQ1KuoSyyc

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

american crime sort of meanders and you wonder where its heading but good enuf to keep you interested but so dark to dark tbh.

american crime sort of meanders and you wonder where its heading but good enuf to keep you interested but so dark to dark tbh.

Dark? Really? You must be watching a different "American Crime" than I am... It's a pretty standard well trodden storyline... The junkies angle might get interesting mixed with the religion angle...

TV Series - Bnei Aruba AKA Hostages

I'm 2 episodes in and I think I've found one here gang.

Not to be confused with the US series starring Dylan McDermott, this one is from Israel.

IMDB: The night before a high profile operation on the PM, the surgeon due to perform the procedure is surprised

at her family home by four masked men. The gang quickly take control of her and her family and order her to kill the PM.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3242480/?ref_=nv_sr_1

8BQ1KuoSyyc

Finished this one last night (10 episodes) gang and if you don't mind subs, it's an absolute belter of a series.

• Like 1

Dark? Really? You must be watching a different "American Crime" than I am... It's a pretty standard well trodden storyline... The junkies angle might get interesting mixed with the religion angle...

what the !!! are u on about!! its dark as in nil by mouth dark no happyness or lightness or humor unless you find misery funny?

Today I happened to notice the user votes (they appear just above the name of this thread) jumped from 8 to 14 in a few days. The additional votes all must have been one star as the overall vote dropped down.

Creating new user names to vote 1 star on a thread is remarkably petty. I'm not sure what it achieves for the member in any way, but kind of sad the person responsible feels compelled to do so.

• Like 1

Today I happened to notice the user votes (they appear just above the name of this thread) jumped from 8 to 14 in a few days. The additional votes all must have been one star as the overall vote dropped down.

Creating new user names to vote 1 star on a thread is remarkably petty. I'm not sure what it achieves for the member in any way, but kind of sad the person responsible feels compelled to do so.

Noticed that, too. Wondering what makes this thread so despicable?????? Competition????

• Like 1