What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I liked Power AND Tyrant. Screw the ratings.

yeah fuc the critics i dont totally dislike them but c y the poor ratings a bit more flare in general needed

Tyrant looked like it could be building into something decent.

Power was okay, but was a bit predictable and I stopped watching it. I couldn't see why the guy was so obsessed with his night club.

yeah fuc the critics i dont totally dislike them but c y the poor ratings a bit more flare in general needed

Power was okay, but was a bit predictable and I stopped watching it. I couldn't see why the guy was so obsessed with his night club.

think he saw

it was his way out of the drug trade

and yeah tyrant looked the more likely to develop.

Edited by rijit

think he saw

it was his way out of the drug trade

and yeah tyrant looked the more likely to develop.

Both have new seasons starting within the next couple of weeks, was surprised - somewhat - that it (Power) was renewed for the 2nd season but given that it's backed by rapper 50 Cent I wasn't really surprised.

• Like 1

Well I decided to bring out on HBO's "True Detective" - Matthew McConaughy and Woody Harrelson's baby... Both taking lead roles in the first season..

Bloody hell, not a half bad job.. Twisted as.. But compelling watching..

Season 2 is kicking off soon with a host of other Hollywood A-listers (Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughan, Rachel McAdams) taking over this season..

I did not know about the choice of actors. Are they not more in comedy than in drama? Interesting!

With the exception of Farrell, yes, both Vaughn and McAdams are typically typecast into comedy/rom com roles. Not sure Vaughn will go playing a bad guy role, but I'll give it a shot, only 8 episodes long..

• Like 1

I really liked the two main characters. That makes all the difference to me. All the hot chicks, drugs and violence did not hurt either.

I really liked the two main characters. That makes all the difference to me. All the hot chicks, drugs and violence did not hurt either.
yeah the imagery worked but there was little )no juxtaposition in the script all ran 2 neatly.

So the boffins at the Lifetime channel have decided to throw up online 3 episodes of UnReal tonight... Is this going to be the new norm? I do hope not, I enjoy a bit of variety during the week as opposed to having to binge on 1 show because the bloody thing is so damn compelling!

That and if I wanted to watch a movie length TV show, I'd download a movie :P

Got to be something better?

I have run out of anything even somewhat interesting and thinking of going back to watch the Sopranos after season 1 where I stopped watching it.

If you stopped watching the Sopranos in the first season,there is no help for you. i have watched the whole series a number of times. How could anyone stop watching it?

I have run out of anything even somewhat interesting and thinking of going back to watch the Sopranos after season 1 where I stopped watching it.

Same happened to me so i downloaded the complete series of A Touch of Frost with david jason, why did i wait so long , brilliant ,

Wayward Pines... just what David Lynch/Twin Peaks lovers were waiting for!

I am not a fan of David Lynch/Twin Peaks, but it looks good so far (first episode). I do like Matt Dillon and he is the star.

I've always found Matt to be a bit wooden, but I am liking him in WP. I've seen to Ep.04 and the best thing is instead of being confined by its premise or the geographic constraints there seem to be infinite directions the plot could take. I am genuinely intrigued!

• Like 1

yeah I've often thought of going bac and re watching cos i never really watched them in sequence or on a regular basis , always wondered if you went bac they would lose the sparkle,,, did you go bac? ho did you find it?

this weeks 'game of thrones', best of the series so far for me

Amc's 'halt and catch fire' returns this week with the start of a second series,, liked the first series, lets hope the second builds on it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=halt+ans+catch+fire&;ie=utf-8&;oe=utf-8

Weird, is it not? Usually, episode 9 is the one with the action. Does that mean we can expect even more in the next episode or did they change the routine to confuse everybody?

The press were moaning about the rape scene the other week, wonder what they will make of this latest episode? couple of controversial scenes again, truly incredible TV that goes by in a flash

• Like 1

Today I happened to notice the user votes (they appear just above the name of this thread) jumped from 8 to 14 in a few days. The additional votes all must have been one star as the overall vote dropped down.

Creating new user names to vote 1 star on a thread is remarkably petty. I'm not sure what it achieves for the member in any way, but kind of sad the person responsible feels compelled to do so.

i cant see as how it makes one bit of difference either way. i most certainly would never have noticed had you not pointed it out.

Today I happened to notice the user votes (they appear just above the name of this thread) jumped from 8 to 14 in a few days. The additional votes all must have been one star as the overall vote dropped down.

Creating new user names to vote 1 star on a thread is remarkably petty. I'm not sure what it achieves for the member in any way, but kind of sad the person responsible feels compelled to do so.

i cant see as how it makes one bit of difference either way. i most certainly would never have noticed had you not pointed it out.

yeah agreed wouldnt have noticed and tbh who gives a flyin..!!!!

yeah agreed wouldnt have noticed and tbh who gives a flyin..!!!!

I don't lose sleep over it. Like i said though...i find it remarkably petty

• Like 1

I agree with Claudius about "6 Foot Under" being worth a rewatch.

Fantastic Series & the ending was sensational.

Have you ever watched the ending on u tube with Sia singing Breathe me showing how they all die in the end ,wow ,always brings a lump to the throat ,in fact i am just going to watch it againsmile.png

shit just cried again ,and its not like me

Edited by i claudius

Sense8

A new 12 episode sci-fi style series available from Netflix. I'm not sure what to make of this one yet having only watched the first episode but it holds some promise and I'll watch a few more. Below is a review from indiewire

Review: If you value originality in your entertainment, it's hard to not root for "Sense8." The brainchild of "Babylon 5" creator J. Michael Straczynski and the legendary Wachowskis, Netflix's newest series (and maybe its first true genre effort, especially if you ignore "Hemlock Grove" the way most people do) features a young, talented cast and metric tons of ambition.Here's the deal: Eight strangers, living very different lives in very different places all around the world, find themselves suddenly linked together. A Mexican movie star blinks and finds himself looking at a Korean businesswoman. A Chicago cop is suddenly in the same room as an Icelandic DJ. A transgender hacker finds a bus driver from Nariobi in the driver's seat. An Indian scientist sees way more of a German criminal than she ever wanted. They don't know why, or how, this is happening. But there's an evil corporation who wants to track them all down, and they'll need to work together to escape it.

And that, right there, is the best I can do when it comes to explaining this show in broad terms. Because "Sense8" feels, at times, deliberately complicated. The concept of creating a larger mythology out of nothing is always exciting, but the key to doing it successfully involves a lot of world-building and rule-making. Meanwhile, "Sense8" is so stripped down that some of the fundamentals become hard to grasp. It takes a while for the details to sink in, about what is happening when and where, and what it means for the people involved. http://www.indiewire.com/article/review-why-sense8-season-1-is-netflix-most-baffling-series-yet-20150605

Up to episode 4, has me hooked, but far to much gay and lesbian scenes, both fairly graphic, the Korean actress Doona Bae, was also in Cloud Atlas a similar gene movie

• Like 2

yeah I've often thought of going bac and re watching cos i never really watched them in sequence or on a regular basis , always wondered if you went bac they would lose the sparkle,,, did you go bac? ho did you find it?

Not yet, DLing Episodes to try that first.

Sense8

A new 12 episode sci-fi style series available from Netflix. I'm not sure what to make of this one yet having only watched the first episode but it holds some promise and I'll watch a few more. Below is a review from indiewire

Up to episode 4, has me hooked, but far to much gay and lesbian scenes, both fairly graphic, the Korean actress Doona Bae, was also in Cloud Atlas a similar gene movie

I had a slight binge last night and went to the end of episode 6. Enjoying it though the story is taking a long while to pan out.

• Like 2