What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Tv series - Matrioshki

This one has 2 seasons, each 10 episodes long.

Not new (2005) but has only recently been made available with English subs.

I've watched the first 4 episodes and it's very good.

Rated 8.4 on IMDB.

Summary: A dark and gritty new Belgian 10-parter over on Sky Arts, which tells the harrowing story of a group of

Lithuanian women recruited by sex traffickers.

A large part of season 2 is set in Thailand.

A brutal show which is also heart wrenching.

A seriously quality series.

I'll be interested in watching the Thailand bits, thanks for that.

I started Season 1 a month back and I found it difficult to watch. Not that it was badly done, the opposite really. Just the subject matter

And from what i gather after

spending time in Bulgaria circa 2005 that sort of auction stuff actually went down and tBh wouldn't surprise me if it still did.

My mate atm was going out with a Roma girl so we heard of that stuff actually happening, shit poor families selling their daughters into prostitution . Truly shocking...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

Documentary - The Wolfpack

Found this one both fascinating and disturbing, but also compelling viewing.

Summary: Director Crystal Moselle first met the long-haired Angulo brothers in Reservoir Dogs
drag (shades and suits) as they enjoyed a rare outing on the streets of New York. Raised in seclusion
by their dominating Peruvian father, Oscar, the boys had been home-schooled and sheltered from the
world – one year, they didn’t leave their Lower East Side apartment at all. Instead, they learned about
life through watching and restaging popular movies, honing the performance skills which make them such
camera-ready subjects for this revelatory yet admirably unsensationalist documentary.

• Like 2

Summary: Director Crystal Moselle first met the long-haired Angulo brothers in Reservoir Dogs

drag (shades and suits) as they enjoyed a rare outing on the streets of New York. Raised in seclusion

by their dominating Peruvian father, Oscar, the boys had been home-schooled and sheltered from the

world – one year, they didn’t leave their Lower East Side apartment at all. Instead, they learned about

life through watching and restaging popular movies, honing the performance skills which make them such

camera-ready subjects for this revelatory yet admirably unsensationalist documentary.

Where can you watch it, I've only found trailers.

Edited by giddyup

Just downloaded Matrioshka,series 2 because it had Pattaya in it , pity they didn't use "actors" for the 3 main guys in the 1st episode,I could "act"better than them ,managed about 20 minutes,just off to delete the 10 episodes I downloaded, sorry to anyone who liked it ,but it was no "Bron Broen"

Just downloaded Matrioshka,series 2 because it had Pattaya in it , pity they didn't use "actors" for the 3 main guys in the 1st episode,I could "act"better than them ,managed about 20 minutes,just off to delete the 10 episodes I downloaded, sorry to anyone who liked it ,but it was no "Bron Broen"

Each to their own I guess, but you've come in half way through a series basically because Thailand was mentioned and

watched 20 minutes out of 20 episodes.

I thought it was terrific as was Bron Broen, but cannot see the point in comparing the two as they have different

subject matters.

Give Arne Dahl a go.

• Like 2

KAT has a couple

KAT has a couple

I saw that, but with only 5 seeds and 0 leeches, it's going to be a very slow download.

Each to their own I guess, but you've come in half way through a series basically because Thailand was mentioned and

I thought it was terrific as was Bron Broen, but cannot see the point in comparing the two as they have different

subject matters.

Give Arne Dahl a go.

Anybody know where I can stream S01E01 with English subtitles?

The one instance I can find on ALLUC is just an AD-Trap...

Thx

JB

subject matters.

Give Arne Dahl a go.

Anybody know where I can stream S01E01 with English subtitles?

The one instance I can find on ALLUC is just an AD-Trap...

Thx

JB

Kat..............thumbsup.gif

Found it on allmyvideos.net, for anybody struggling to find any of the episodes, it's also spelt Matroesjka...

Where did you download. All the sites I've looked at have 0 seeds and 0 leeches.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I can't get to the last pages on my mobile now.

Does anyone know when Creed will open here? My searches are coming up empty. I'm surprised that it's not here, given the boxing interest. I'm hearing good things.

I saw an incredibly watchable stream of it via SALTS on Kodi…it was a 6/10 camera video with fairly decent audio, it even had english subs hardcoded in case you missed some part of the dialogue…lol

Average film for sure….the boxing in all rocky films makes me laugh…no one gets hit that much and still stands.

Mississippi Grind (2015)

Do we really need another buddies on the road movie? Of course we do, this has been a film staple since moving pictures began. Better yet if one of both of them has BIG PROBLEMS, such as running from the Mob.

This film is a worthy straight ahead representation of that beloved genre, well played by two very fine actors, Ryan Reynolds and Ben Mendelsohn. As usual, Mendelsohn is outstanding as the degenerate gambler, Gerry, out of friends, out of money, out of time. Reynolds, as Curtis, comes along as a sort of savior, but it's very clear he's not all there either. He usually plays in pretty boy roles, but being paired with Mendelsohn has bought his game up considerably. He's good in this one.

We get great shots of St. Louis, Memphis, and New Orleans, the three great cities of the Mississippi, along with some good, tension-filled scenes of gambling desperation. It's nothing we haven't seen before, many times. Robert Altman's California Split comes to mind. This film is at least as good as that one, but it gets a crappy rating on IMDB, unfairly I think.

Available at the usual outlets. Oh, and the music track is wonderful if you are a blues fan.

8, and hope the River card is the Queen we need.

• Like 2

Tv Series Spiral AKA Engrenages.

Watching the 3rd series of this excellent crime drama from France.

It has subtitles for those interested.

IMDB: Follows criminal investigations in Paris from all the different points of view of a criminal investigation.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477507/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Season 5 has recently been released.

I'd forgotten about this show.

Half way through season 4 and it's still very good.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I can't get to the last pages on my mobile now.

Does anyone know when Creed will open here? My searches are coming up empty. I'm surprised that it's not here, given the boxing interest. I'm hearing good things.

I saw an incredibly watchable stream of it via SALTS on Kodi…it was a 6/10 camera video with fairly decent audio, it even had english subs hardcoded in case you missed some part of the dialogue…lol

Average film for sure….the boxing in all rocky films makes me laugh…no one gets hit that much and still stands.

here are the worldwide release dates for Creed. Thailand does not seem to have a release date

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3076658/releaseinfo

• Like 2

Last Panthers Ep4 by Sno is up.

Thanks JhJ.

I noticed Ep 3 & 4 ar with Sno on Pirate, but not on KAT

Sno's stuff seems more up to date on tpb for some reason….

The episodes you're mentioning may be on kat but not necessarily in order or up front….you may need to scroll through and search manually.

• Like 1

Sleeping With Other People is well worth a watch.

As Roger Ebert says in his review; "It's a smooth variation on the type of tale we've heard before, but especially with characters like these, it can still have something new to say.

• Like 2

Mr.Calzaghe.........worth a look even if you are not into Boxing..

https://torrentz.eu/search?q=Mr.Calzaghe

The.Making.of.Trump.......its entertaining, goes back to the 70s, when he got a gift of 1 million from Dad----worth watching, even if just to see the comb overs getting bigger each year.

https://torrentz.eu/any?q=The.Making.of.Trump

Trying to find a decent copy of Legend......I like Tom hardy, & in this they reckon he plays a great role as both the brothers.

Nice call on Mr. Calzaghe oxo1947. Watched it last night and thought it was superb.

• Like 2

I am at episode 3 of Jessica Jones. And to my own surprise, from all the Marvel adventures I like this one best. I think it would even work without the super powers that the characters use once in a while. And I almost gave up when the mandatory lesbian couple showed up. Clearly, that would have been a mistake.

Nice one Jope. I watched ep 1 after reading this and was pleasantly surprised.

Enjoying this latest installment from the MARVEL TV stable and agree without the super powers (hardly noticeable unless pointed out really) it would probably stand on its own merits.

Unlike other TV shows of late where the "gay twist" is added, this one seems to actually add to the show as opposed to detracting from it.

• Like 2

I am at episode 3 of Jessica Jones. And to my own surprise, from all the Marvel adventures I like this one best. I think it would even work without the super powers that the characters use once in a while. And I almost gave up when the mandatory lesbian couple showed up. Clearly, that would have been a mistake.

Nice one Jope. I watched ep 1 after reading this and was pleasantly surprised.

Enjoying this latest installment from the MARVEL TV stable and agree without the super powers (hardly noticeable unless pointed out really) it would probably stand on its own merits.

Unlike other TV shows of late where the "gay twist" is added, this one seems to actually add to the show as opposed to detracting from it.

Does she ever change those daggy old jeans?

• Like 1