What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Bridge of Spies is a movie about Gary Powers whose plane got shot down and subsequently sentenced to 10 years in prison, Powers' only hope is New York lawyer James Donovan (Tom Hanks), recruited by a CIA operative to negotiate his release. As usual a very well made film by Steven Spielberg and a very good performance by Tom Hanks.

Are there any good Torrents for this?

Bridge of Spies is a movie about Gary Powers whose plane got shot down and subsequently sentenced to 10 years in prison, Powers' only hope is New York lawyer James Donovan (Tom Hanks), recruited by a CIA operative to negotiate his release. As usual a very well made film by Steven Spielberg and a very good performance by Tom Hanks.

Are there any good Torrents for this?

PB and KAT both have it.

• Like 2

Offed his wife and a neighbour when he disappeared and disguised himself. Acquitted even though he shot the guy point blank. America isn't much different than Thailand, if you're rich you don't get found guilty or spend a day in jail.

Thanks for that giddyup...........don't suppose I need to download it now-----

Watch 2 HBO Doc's .Very.Semi-Serious......A.Partially.Thorough.Portrait.of.New.Yorker.Cartoonists.

Its quite watch able, New Yorker pay more for their cartoons than most other publication $500 so get the pick of the free lance cartoons, Sometimes over a 1,000 a week---they (the cartoonist ) turn up the same day to get rejected--some have been rejected for over 30 years. Their are some quirky people there , but also housewives etc who just view things differently.

https://torrentz.eu/search?f=HBO.Documentaries.Very.Semi-Serious

HBO-Bolshoi Babylon....looks at the infighting in the famous Russian troupe which boiled over when Sergei Filin, the director was attacked by an unknown assailant who threw acid in his face. I found it quite a good watch.

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/bolshoi-babylon/synopsis/about.html

They (HBO) have also released --The Ties That Bind...about Bruce Springsteen’s 1980 double album The River & the tour that followed---haven't watched yet

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/the-ties-that-bind/synopsis.html

I thought oxo1947 was talking about The Jinx as well, which has been spoken about and reviewed here several times.

Offed his wife and a neighbour when he disappeared and disguised himself. Acquitted even though he shot the guy point blank. America isn't much different than Thailand, if you're rich you don't get found guilty or spend a day in jail.

Thanks for that giddyup...........don't suppose I need to download it now-----

Watch 2 HBO Doc's .Very.Semi-Serious......A.Partially.Thorough.Portrait.of.New.Yorker.Cartoonists.

Its quite watch able, New Yorker pay more for their cartoons than most other publication $500 so get the pick of the free lance cartoons, Sometimes over a 1,000 a week---they (the cartoonist ) turn up the same day to get rejected--some have been rejected for over 30 years. Their are some quirky people there , but also housewives etc who just view things differently.

https://torrentz.eu/search?f=HBO.Documentaries.Very.Semi-Serious

HBO-Bolshoi Babylon....looks at the infighting in the famous Russian troupe which boiled over when Sergei Filin, the director was attacked by an unknown assailant who threw acid in his face. I found it quite a good watch.

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/bolshoi-babylon/synopsis/about.html

They (HBO) have also released --The Ties That Bind...about Bruce Springsteen’s 1980 double album The River & the tour that followed---haven't watched yet

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/the-ties-that-bind/synopsis.html

I thought oxo1947 was talking about The Jinx as well, which has been spoken about and reviewed here several times.

The name of the series which JHolmes brought up wasn't even mentioned and he actually made the comparison to Making a Murderer. So give it a rest OK you are sounding like a couple of panty waists.

Edited by giddyup

Very nice doco….cheers.

Agreed. Enjoyed this.

Interesting to think how many scores of magazines and outlets fr cartoonists fried up since the heyday of the 1950s/1960s

Watched QT's latest movie, Hateful 8 last week, well worth watching if you are into QT movies.

Not sure how he gets away with his scripts in this PC governed world we find ourselves in, but it works for his movies.

Its another western if you haven't heard of it. Starts slowish but worth watching through.

Most of the IMDB reviews sum up what I think of the movie, yet it manages to get an over 8 score, which I think is for cinematography.

Edited by giddyup

Watched a couple of music doco's the other day.

The Ties That Bind: The creation of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's 1980 double album "The River"
is recalled in this new rock-doc that includes archival footage as well as recent interviews.

Thought this one was pretty good. Probably more for diehard fans of the Boss though.

Amy: The story of Amy Winehouse in her own words, featuring unseen archival footage and unheard tracks.

I'm not a fan of Winehouse's music but thought this was a seriously good show.
Really tragic story.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Amy: The story of Amy Winehouse in her own words, featuring unseen archival footage and unheard tracks.

Really tragic story.

It's close to genius….very uniquely constructed…the film maker uses a particular song she has written and analyses the lyrics to interpret and present what was going on in her life at the moment….and it's quite spot on.

Same director as Senna.

BTW, her boyfriend…what a douchebag!!!!

• Like 2

Recommendation.........................thumbsup.gif

Another well worth watching movie recently watched is Sicario ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3397884/?ref_=nv_sr_1 )

Extract from IMDb:

"An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by a government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico".

Emily Blunt and Josh Brolin play the parts well. Depending on your viewpoints on the war against drugs, not as far fetched as it may come across. If you can't eradicate, then control is the next best thing...........wink.png

• Like 1

Catherine Tate's Nan:

E1 was hilarious when viewed this morning. The best way to describe it to anyone not familiar with the character is a female Alf Garnet who is every bit as blunt! smile.png

It's on the Beeb.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

Really tragic story.

It's close to genius….very uniquely constructed…the film maker uses a particular song she has written and analyses the lyrics to interpret and present what was going on in her life at the moment….and it's quite spot on.

Same director as Senna.

Where is it available for a download? Can't see it on the usual sources.

Really tragic story.

Same director as Senna.

KAT

Amy Winehouse in her own words

Woody allens latest film is out and i turned it off after 20 min (thats my threshold of tolerance).

Irrational Man....decent cast, but drowns in its own existential sludge, never letting the viewer come up for air.

I really enjoyed this, great acting as usual by Joaquin Phoenix and a plot that keeps you riveted. 8/10 from me.

Really tragic story.

Same director as Senna.

KAT

Amy Winehouse in her own words

Thanks, but I thought Amy 2015 was different doco.