What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Watching nothing to declare

Thank god im not Australian !

In AUstralia it shows as 'Border Security'

I always reckon the people get off easy on that show...

Outside of Australia, Border Security is the Canadian version... http://natgeotv.com/ca/border-security

I Love both shows & the US one To Catch a Smuggler http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/to-catch-a-smuggler/

• Like 1

Tv series - Occupied

Three epsiodes into this 10 part series on Sky and it's getting better each with episode.

Has subtitles.

IMDB: In the near future, Norway is occupied by Russia on behalf of the European Union, due to the fact that

the newly elected environmental friendly Norwegian government has stopped the all important oil- and gas-production in the North Sea.

Finished this one last night.

A really good show.

• Like 1

Tv series - Occupied

Three epsiodes into this 10 part series on Sky and it's getting better each with episode.

Has subtitles.

IMDB: In the near future, Norway is occupied by Russia on behalf of the European Union, due to the fact that

the newly elected environmental friendly Norwegian government has stopped the all important oil- and gas-production in the North Sea.

A really good show.

Are all the episodes up? I've only seen 3 or 4 so far, trickling in from snowhiter.

Tv series - Occupied

Has subtitles.

A really good show.

Are all the episodes up? I've only seen 3 or 4 so far, trickling in from snowhiter.

Yep, series 1 is available with subs on KA. Not by Sno though.

Tv series - Occupied

Has subtitles.

A really good show.

Cheers….I'll check it out.

I like Sno…but not when he's Slo.

• Like 1

Tv series - Occupied

Has subtitles.

A really good show.

I downloaded it , but for some reason it will not play on my tv . only found 2 episodes by sno

A really good show.

I downloaded it , but for some reason it will not play on my tv . only found 2 episodes by sno

That's because they're mkv files.

The will play on VLC media player.

I use this and then play on my TV via HDMI.

It's a pain in the butt so I don't usually do it.

You can convert them to mp4 but I don't know how.

• Like 2

That's because they're mkv files.

MKV files use the .264 codec for compression.

You might have downloaded the season where the files are marked HEVC….that's the .265 codec which will NOT play on a regular vlc player or via a dvd player usb input…..a later version minix box will play the .265 codec.

There's only one other season 1 torrent there which is non-HEVC…I got that, and downloaded the english subs from sub scene.

The original files had swedish subs…so I had to run all files through iSkysoft Converter….in order to crop off the swedish subs (to make room for the english ones)….I also reduced the files size to 720p and converted to .avi format…plays like a charm on a big telly.

Ahh... of course

blink.pngtongue.png

• Like 2

Apparently, Julianna Margulies commented that she will be unemployed in April, which is interpreted as confirmation that The Good Wife is on its last leg and will be cancelled soon. Sorry to hear that. I enjoyed it through all seven seasons.

• Like 1

Interesting talk about how the ACLU challenged the ability to patent human genes.

A decade ago, US law said human genes were patentable — which meant patent holders had the right to stop anyone from sequencing, testing or even looking at a patented gene. Troubled by the way this law both harmed patients and created a barrier to biomedical innovation, Tania Simoncelli and her colleagues at the ACLU challenged it. In this riveting talk, hear the story of how they took a case everybody told them they would lose all the way to the Supreme Court.

http://www.ted.com/talks/tania_simoncelli_how_i_took_on_the_gene_patent_industry_and_won

• Like 2

I'm gonna go for the X Files reboot on Fox. This will be a digital love it or hate it thing, but as a huge fan of the original show, seeing the reboot pilot exceeded my expectations.

I for one am anxiously awaiting the remaining 5 episodes

So, update on my tv atm,

Jane the virgin returns and kic s arse.

Younger returns with series 2 but after 3 ? Ish episodes ain't moving on

War and peace bbc's period drama mini series love it, agree with the critics just wish it wasn't gonna be over in another 2 ? weeks

American crime, is trying its best to not turn into just another 'crime' tv serial atm its winning

Something imo love/hate failed, loved series one and by series 3 it hadn't really developed, didn't

Bother with the rest, disappointed .

I'm going back and.watching agent carter series one,, 3 in and.atm pretty decent charecterisation. And plot.

Majorly disappointed if the good wife finishes , long standing tv stalwart,, so what's gonna happen ,, oh i know a new series of suits!! one door closes another opens

Life moves on.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

Suits is back from it's Winter Hiatus.... and all was right with the world wink.png

This train still trundling on? The only character I like in it is Lewis Litt.

Yeah imo it really had its issues in the last series, seemed to sort itself out. it did stutter, but its history says it warrants a touch of patience

However just how long they can keep the charecterization and story fresh without. Losing its integrity, we will see.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Finished Ep 03 of " Occupied" .

Really worth looking at, keeps me on the edge of my seat. All quite plausible too.

I've reached episode 8….some aspects of the plot are laughable (europe and russia as allies, ganging up on norway…hilarious)

Also, some big holes in the story…especially with the fat woman who runs the norwegian secret service. (if I was giddy up I'd explain but then everyone would scream SPOILER)

But hey. no complaints, Im enjoying the ride.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this film yet (can't remember seeing it) Hyena Road.

Story about the Canadian forces in Afghanistan. i thought it was excellent, and was rather surprised to see it only rated 6.5 on IMDB. Anyway, IMDB link is:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4034452/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Storyline:

Three different men, three different worlds, three different wars - all stand at the intersection of modern warfare - a murky world of fluid morality where all is not as it seems.

• Like 1