What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

^^Yeah could it be the final season for Suits? The storyline,for me ,had that feel to it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Already renewed last year for season 6 with options beyond that...
For me i'm not so sure the story can hold more and remain non soap,,but we live in hope and v hap if it doesn't.

And yeah 2ish in and a thumbs up for occupied atm.

Tv Series Match Day AKA Virage Nord

Thought this 3 part series from France was good.

The picture quality of the first episode is a bit dark but it improves.
Has hard coded subs.

Summary: After the death of a 17-year-old soccer fan during a game, Alexandra Perrucci, a young police detective,
leads an investigation in her hometown.

• Like 2

Tv series Real Detective

An 8 part series on Investigation Discovery.
The first 3 episodes are pretty good.

Summary: Real life detectives involved with homicide cases document thier experiences with the one case that they will never be able to forget.

• Like 2

Just watched Lazer Team, a SciFi comedy and currently rated at 6.8 on IMDB. Watched it for a couple of minutes and was considering dumping it as it seemed pretty dumb. But then I actually got into it and found it a fun watch. Think of the movie 'Mars Attacks!' and you will get the idea of the humor. biggrin.png

Four losers are thrust into the position of saving the world when they stumble upon a UFO crash site and become genetically equipped to the battle suit on board.

• Like 1

Tv Series Documentary - Making a Murderer

Three episodes into this 10 parter from Netflix and it's fascinating viewing.

More like fiction than truth.

All 10 episodes are now available.

IMDB: Filmed over a 10-year period, Making a Murderer is an unprecedented real-life thriller about Steven Avery,

a DNA exoneree who, while in the midst of exposing corruption in local law enforcement, finds himself the prime suspect in a grisly new crime. Set in America's heartland, the series takes viewers inside a high-stakes criminal case where reputation is everything and things are never as they appear.

For those who enjoyed this, there is a new 40 minute documentary called: Steven Avery: Innocent or guilty.

It has some new stuff that wasn't in the original show, but is really just cashing in on the popularity of the original IMO.

• Like 1

A few posts are linking torrents, be careful not to break forum rules, would hate to see this thread closed

Thanks for the heads up, I just went back a few pages and did a cleanup. Keep in mind the title of this topic and not directly stating how you got them or specifics of such sites. Thanks.

Horace & Pete (2016)

Saw the pilot for Louis C.K.'s latest project, and think it's the best stand-alone one act play I've seen in years, ranking with the best works of Arthur Miller, Eugene O'Neill, and Clifford Odets. All of the "action" takes place in a 100 year old barroom in Brooklyn, always run by two guys named Horace and Pete. C.K. and Steve Buscemi may be the last of the line, (7th generation) and there is deep conflict with Horace's sister, played by the incendiary Edie Falco (aka Carmela Soprano!). She wants to shutter the place, which is losing money, take the money and run. Horace, Pete, and Uncle Pete are violently opposed to this plan, but the law may favor her position. We'll see, as the series rolls out.

It's a great ensemble performance, with all of the actors getting time to shine. Especially powerful is Alan Alda, in the role of racist throwback Uncle Pete; Alda as you've never seen him before. Jessica Lange is a standout as Marsha, last lover of the previous Horace.

Great stuff!

ELEVEN and we don't serve mixed drinks in here. Vodka whisky, gin, that's it!

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this film yet (can't remember seeing it) Hyena Road.

Story about the Canadian forces in Afghanistan. i thought it was excellent, and was rather surprised to see it only rated 6.5 on IMDB. Anyway, IMDB link is:

Just watched it and agree it is excellent. IMDB rating moved up a bit to 6.6 now.

• Like 2

Saw the pilot of Lucifer some time ago and found it mildly amusing. The second episode is on the same level. In principle it is just another cop show but the Lucifer character adds an ironic touch to it. On a side note: more than 100.000 people signed a petition to prevent the show from airing because the devil should not be shown "as a likable, caring person in human flesh".

• Like 2

Pats loves her reality shows!!

I really don't know how i find them!! Well i do.. Anyway.

After my mornings of watching the Real Housewives of wherever. I found a ditty.

The Farmer Wants A Wife. In Oz. And you know, after only one episode i am hooked!! Also Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, and the best - Married by my mom and dad!! Who in their right mind would let their parents choose their spouse!!

I just love these silly things!!!

Still enjoying Silent Witness and, so happy Vera is back!! Sunday - i shall download all of the War and Peace episodes and keep them for a rainy day.

And another winter warmer - I have never watched Breaking Bad. So that's on my hibernation list.

• Like 2

Billions, episode 3 available. Keeps getting better and better. Also episode 2 of Stan Lee's Lucky Man.

Finally caught episode 3. Again, I think this show would be so much better without the vulgarity. In the opening minute, in which they do the "Previously, on Billions" routine, every snippet contains a character spitting out some variant of the verb "to <deleted>>". I confess, I must watch every episode twice, because the action is fast paced, and I don't understand a lot of the financial shenanigans going on, in just one viewing.

A good show, with fine actors, especially Giamatti, but could be so much better.

• Like 2

Billions, episode 3 available. Keeps getting better and better. Also episode 2 of Stan Lee's Lucky Man.

Finally caught episode 3. Again, I think this show would be so much better without the vulgarity. In the opening minute, in which they do the "Previously, on Billions" routine, every snippet contains a character spitting out some variant of the verb "to <deleted>>". I confess, I must watch every episode twice, because the action is fast paced, and I don't understand a lot of the financial shenanigans going on, in just one viewing.

A good show, with fine actors, especially Giamatti, but could be so much better.

Yes, yes, we know you are very sensitive about bad language, vulgarity etc, but that just about discounts every TV show and movie being made today. You must miss the good old days of strict censorship when half a movie ended up on the cutting room floor.

The first two new X-Files where pretty good!

Spotlight is an amazing movie!

...but...after I was so filled with rage and anger for several years over the #$%@!& finale of "Lost, I recently revisited the whole series.

The first 4 Seasons are still the Mother of all awesome TV- series to me.

From Season 5 onwards, it really get's confusing and illogical, but the separate episodes are still well done.

Season 6 is really...weird...and the final still makes me angry!

Damn you, Damon Lindeloff!

Saw the pilot of Lucifer some time ago and found it mildly amusing. The second episode is on the same level. In principle it is just another cop show but the Lucifer character adds an ironic touch to it. On a side note: more than 100.000 people signed a petition to prevent the show from airing because the devil should not be shown "as a likable, caring person in human flesh".

I'll give it a go..might be better than I thought

• Like 1

Its Notbiggrin.png

• Like 2

COuple of movies.. both below average

Lazer team

This is from Youtube Red. Youtube/google are following Netflix, Amazon etc and producing their own original content. I can only hope things are on the up from this one. Basically a load of dribble that fails the 20 minute rule

The Carrier (not The Carrier (2015) with Cusack/De Niro)

A Virus has decimated the population of England. Once you have it you are dead. The only safe place is in the air. Thankfully, not the entire film is done on a plane, in the air.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3163224/

• Like 2

I'm with you on this one Frank James.

I'm enjoying it but the over the top swearing seems to have been done for nothing more than shock value.

In context, I'd be fine with it, but some of the language spoken at the board meetings was just laughable.

It seems everyone in the show swears like a wharfie and drops the F bomb continually.

I know it's a drama and not a doco, but it just feels a bit fake.

I like it though.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Its Notbiggrin.png

The emphasis lies on "mildly". smile.png But I think it is alright when there is nothing else to watch. But I admit, "Billions" is a touch better.

Edited by jope

I'm with you on this one Frank James.

I'm enjoying it but the over the top swearing seems to have been done for nothing more than shock value.

In context, I'd be fine with it, but some of the language spoken at the board meetings was just laughable.

It seems everyone in the show swears like a wharfie and drops the F bomb continually.

I know it's a drama and not a doco, but it just feels a bit fake.

I like it though.

If you think Billions is over the top for bad language, watch Deadwood. Maybe I'm immune, but it doesn't worry me in the slightest, the F (and now C) word has become part of the vocab in TV and movies. If it offends, watch Disney.

Ditto.

• Like 2