What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Billions, episode 3 available. Keeps getting better and better. Also episode 2 of Stan Lee's Lucky Man.

Finally caught episode 3. Again, I think this show would be so much better without the vulgarity. In the opening minute, in which they do the "Previously, on Billions" routine, every snippet contains a character spitting out some variant of the verb "to <deleted>>". I confess, I must watch every episode twice, because the action is fast paced, and I don't understand a lot of the financial shenanigans going on, in just one viewing.

A good show, with fine actors, especially Giamatti, but could be so much better.

I'm with you on this one Frank James.

I'm enjoying it but the over the top swearing seems to have been done for nothing more than shock value.

In context, I'd be fine with it, but some of the language spoken at the board meetings was just laughable.

It seems everyone in the show swears like a wharfie and drops the F bomb continually.

I know it's a drama and not a doco, but it just feels a bit fake.

I like it though.

If you think Billions is over the top for bad language, watch Deadwood. Maybe I'm immune, but it doesn't worry me in the slightest, the F (and now C) word has become part of the vocab in TV and movies. If it offends, watch Disney.

No one said they were offended.

You reply was reasonable apart from the last sentence.

But it's pretty much what I exepct from you.

• Like 1

Happy not to disappoint, but when someone complains regularly about too much foul language or vulgarity in a TV series or movies, one could draw the conclusion that they are offended. Otherwise why complain?

• Like 1

Happy not to disappoint, but when someone complains regularly about too much foul language or vulgarity in a TV series or movies, one could draw the conclusion that they are offended. Otherwise why complain?

When i was watching 'The Following' i constantly complained about the show.

My complaints were about the implausibility and inability of the main character to use a phone to call for backup. I was not offended in the least.

It can be the same for excessive swearing, excessive violence, excessive sexual content, excessive political correctness. Sometimes it is just over done, seemingly for shock/ratings/pleasantness value, and detracts from viewing enjoyment

I can complain about all those things, but not be offended. They are not the same thing

• Like 2

Pats loves her reality shows!!

I really don't know how i find them!! Well i do.. Anyway.

After my mornings of watching the Real Housewives of wherever. I found a ditty.

The Farmer Wants A Wife. In Oz. And you know, after only one episode i am hooked!! Also Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, and the best - Married by my mom and dad!! Who in their right mind would let their parents choose their spouse!!

I just love these silly things!!!

Still enjoying Silent Witness and, so happy Vera is back!! Sunday - i shall download all of the War and Peace episodes and keep them for a rainy day.

And another winter warmer - I have never watched Breaking Bad. So that's on my hibernation list.

Those reality shows, especially those ones that come on in the middle of the night after you've had one too many fire and waters. Silly things indeed. I know a show like that, comedy gold, on since last year, can't think of the name of it just now, Pansybrat? Pottybat? You may be familiar with it. The star is an alcoholic with more issues than Syria.

In the meantime, stick to Real Housewives. Walking Dead is not bad either as a choice for you.

For those who have not heard and still worry: Netflix renewed House of Cards for Season 5 (Season 4 will be released on 04.03.2016, that is a Friday, BTW).

Edited by jope
  • Like 2

Saw the pilot of Lucifer some time ago and found it mildly amusing. The second episode is on the same level. In principle it is just another cop show but the Lucifer character adds an ironic touch to it. On a side note: more than 100.000 people signed a petition to prevent the show from airing because the devil should not be shown "as a likable, caring person in human flesh".

I'll give it a go..might be better than I thought

Ditto.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lucifer was not too bad nothing over the top but I enjoyed it has a jope he said it is really just a detective series
  • Like 2

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this film yet (can't remember seeing it) Hyena Road.

Story about the Canadian forces in Afghanistan. i thought it was excellent, and was rather surprised to see it only rated 6.5 on IMDB. Anyway, IMDB link is:

Just watched it and agree it is excellent. IMDB rating moved up a bit to 6.6 now.

I enjoyed this movie. Has a contemporary wall movie I thought this one was excellent period nice to see something coming out of Canada. Most Canadian film and TV I watch I enjoy
  • Like 2

Has anyone mentioned --"Shades of Blue" Its not riveting TV, but I would put it a little above Lucifer ..... Its about a group of dirty cops, led by Ray Liotta...I like him & was the reason I gave it a look--It also as Jennifer Lopez, who I don't usually like but she seems to have improved for this one.

The FBI's anti-corruption task force, traps 1 of them & makes them rat on the others.

----That's not a spoiler--it happens in the first 20 of the opening episode, & is printed on IMDB

its up to episode 4 now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4118584/?ref_=ttmd_md_nm

• Like 2

Anyone seen Misconduct ?? just come out with some real impressive stars (Pacino and Hopkins...etc) & a 9.2 rating.

Do you think these ratings are correct ? it would only take about 50 votes to bump them right up...the reviews (only 3 of them so far) are scathing ....... Guess as I don't have to Pay $20 to get in...not to mention the over priced popcorn......I'll give it a try ---let you know

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3658772/

Reviews--A movie you can skip in my humble opinion.40.gifAuthor: Nikolay Peev from Sofia5 February 2016 / Worst movie ever30.gifAuthor: nicoloszenberg from Milan / Misconduct Massively Misfires Author: fiveisforsecret5 February 2016

MV5BMTUzMzI2NDc5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTEzMV5BMzEzODEzNTI3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTczMV5BMTQ5NzcwNTM3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDM3MV5BMTY5OTU3NzA0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDI1

• Like 2

Anyone seen Misconduct ?? just come out with some real impressive stars (Pacino and Hopkins...etc) & a 9.2 rating.

Do you think these ratings are correct ? it would only take about 50 votes to bump them right up...the reviews (only 3 of them so far) are scathing ....... Guess as I don't have to Pay $20 to get in...not to mention the over priced popcorn......I'll give it a try ---let you know

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3658772/

Reviews--A movie you can skip in my humble opinion.40.gifAuthor: Nikolay Peev from Sofia5 February 2016 / Worst movie ever30.gifAuthor: nicoloszenberg from Milan / Misconduct Massively Misfires Author: fiveisforsecret5 February 2016

MV5BMTUzMzI2NDc5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTEzMV5BMzEzODEzNTI3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTczMV5BMTQ5NzcwNTM3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDM3MV5BMTY5OTU3NzA0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDI1

It is already down to a rating of 5.8
  • Like 1

My problem with Ray Liotta is the fact that he seems to have had a very cheap face lift!!

Otherwise i am enjoying Shades of Blue.

But, my problem today was watching the Blacklist (which i love, James Spader at his bestest) the latest episode had the actor who was Monk as the baddie. My braincell could not take that in.

• Like 2

Tv series - Stan Lee's Lucky Man

A pretty good start for this new 10 part series from the UK.

Has a very good cast including James Nesbitt and Steven Mackintosh.

Nice one!

Again, in principle just another cop show, but with some supernatural bits that spice things up ("luck as superpower"). I like it and what can go wrong with James Nesbitt as lead actor?

Edited by jope
  • Like 1

Nominating this as the best crime film of the year….so far.

SUBURRA…..collaboration between netflix, rai and cattleya in europe….same director as Gomorra.

Superb storyline, cast, and direction.

Cant go wrong with this.

Coming a distant second….The Secrets In Their Eyes…like all american remakes they have worked hard to screw up the argentinian original…which still rocks by a mile.

• Like 2

SUBURRA…..collaboration between netflix, rai and cattleya in europe….same director as Gomorra.

Cant go wrong with this.

Coming a distant second….The Secrets In Their Eyes…like all american remakes they have worked hard to screw up the argentinian original…which still rocks by a mile.

Just finished watching Suburra and agree it's a top movie. Have downloaded the original of Secrets in their Eyes as well as the remake, will be interested to compare them.

Cant go wrong with this.

Mentioned this one last year.

Enjoyed it and would rate is about the same as on IMDB, a 7.5.

Looking forward to the Tv series of the same name to be released next year.

• Like 2