What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Think I've found one here Trend Setters.

Gomorrah

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2049116/?ref_=nv_sr_1

This one took a little time to grow on me but I'm really into it now.

A realistic, gritty Italian crime series.

Movie Info

Five stories weave together to form director Matteo Garrone's Gomorrah,

a violent look at the cruel reality endured by the residents of the Province of Naples.

If you like organized crime shows, do yourself a favour and have a look.

This one was a bit of a slow burner for me. Took me until episode 4

to really get into it.

Finished it last night (12 episodes) and was really impressed. As good as I've

seen for a while.

This would be close to the Crime Show find of the year.

if you like The Wire you will like this. It is a Crime show looking at the criminals, with very little police involvement in the story line. Watching this show you wonder if there is any street or underpass in Italy that is not sprinkled with dirt and rubbish. Great use of street scenes and abandoned factories/warehouses/apartments.

yes, it has subtitles, but it is worth the watch

8.5 from me

'Nicely spotted KhunWill

Good news gangsters,

Season 2 of the excellent Gommorah kicks of on May 10 on Sky Atlantic.

Sorry, couldn't find a decent trailer with English subs.

• Like 1

I'm getting hounded by some mates to watch black mirror, without going back to confirm can't recall anyone mentioning it, anyone seen it?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I liked it, offbeat and satirical.

Watch inside no 9 as well , as good as black mirror

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone is having my problem ,every torrent i download from anywhere that is posted by ORGANIC just stops and starts when i try to play it on our tv from any usb , never happened before only recently

thanks in advance .

Deadpool - I thought it was so-so for this gene. Will watch Captain America tonight

Finished watching Lucifer - It is a great TV series and looking forward to the next instalment very much

Going to start watching Limitless and Vikings next and looking forward to Ray Donovan in June

Vikings not bad. Ray Donovan quite good & gets better. How about 'The Fall' with Gillian Anderson? Very gritty & she's looking good in that one.

Wow, how things can turnaround on a hat, end of episode 3 am ready to bin it off...

How do you go from loving it to binning it in one episode?
Far too many beers [emoji5]

Re-watching episode 3 & all's good again [emoji106]

Edited by JB300

Tv series - The Secret

James Nesbitt is great in this new series from the UK.

IMDB: The Secret is the story of a real-life double murder. James Nesbitt plays Colin Howell, a respectable dentist and pillar of the community,
who became a killer in partnership with a Sunday school teacher, Hazel Buchanan, played by Genevieve O'Reilly.​

• Like 2

Man….Giuseppe Tornatore (of Cinema Paradiso fame) has a new film called La Correspondenza…..with Jeremy Irons and Olga Kurylenko.

It is either a work of genius far ahead of its time…or a complete piece of trash….sadly I thought the latter.

How could this be? Cinema Paradiso is in one of my all-time top 10 films.

• Like 1

TV serie "Orphan Black"

IMDB 8.4/10

"SPOILER: Orphan Black follows outsider, orphan and street-wise chameleon Sarah. After witnessing a woman's suicide, Sarah assumes the stranger's identity - who happens to look just like her. Expecting to solve all her problems by cleaning out the dead woman's savings, Sarah is instead thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery as she realizes the dizzying truth - she and the dead woman are clones. As Sarah searches for answers, she discovers the chilling fact that there are more people like her out there - genetically identical individuals who were planted in unsuspecting birth parents and nurtured in completely different circumstances. With no idea who created the clones, she'll need to discover the reason in a hurry as an assassin is killing them one by one" Written by Annonymous.

Line of Duty, Season 3

Was sorry to see this one end. It's difficult to see what the story line could be after this, since they've followed the same thread for three series of six each. great acting, a literate script, quality that never lets down. I fell in love with Keely Hawes, but she really got mistreated in this series. Adrian Dunbar is fantastic as the super righteous boss of what would be called Internal Affairs, or, "The Rat Squad" in a US police force.

TEN, and then some.

Not out on torrent yet, right?

Line of Duty, Season 3

Was sorry to see this one end. It's difficult to see what the story line could be after this, since they've followed the same thread for three series of six each. great acting, a literate script, quality that never lets down. I fell in love with Keely Hawes, but she really got mistreated in this series. Adrian Dunbar is fantastic as the super righteous boss of what would be called Internal Affairs, or, "The Rat Squad" in a US police force.

TEN, and then some.

all 3 series on Kat

Captain America 3 - Civil War

Now showing in Thailand

Showing in 8 of 14 available cinemas when it premiered last Thursday at the local cinema. blink.png Cinemas was pretty packed, with most sessions looking 80% sold out.

Pretty much the same as all the other Superhero movies, but a bit more humour in this one...Feature a 'guest' cast of other superhero tie ins....Quite a few laughs from the audience a the subtitles were read

• Like 1

Tomorrow When the War Began

Adaptation of John Marsden's series for teens. One of the most popular series for teens written in Australia. A few years back they made a big budget movie with the promise of more to follow.

That never eventuated, but the ABC has made a TV Series adaptation of the books...Ep. 1 was fairly good

Storyline: Australia is invaded (never named, but some mystery asian country). A group of University age teens have been camping in a remote valley and reappear to find their families interred and their lives in danger

• Like 2

Line of Duty, Season 3

TEN, and then some.

All three seasons are on torrent sites. but the first two are going away fast. There are sets of season 1 & 2 complete, but they wouldn't play for me after I dl'd them, either on DivX viewer or VLC. Don't know what I need to replay them.There are still individual episodes available, and I'm scooping those up. I will seed for a long time. Even though there are only 18 total episodes, there's so much material and so many characters (all excellent actors) it's too easy (for me) to forget how it all came about.

The Brits can pack more great writing and acting into those 6 episode series than US series do in 22. How can this be?

I hope the show returns, but the last episode had a "That's All, Folks", feel to it.

• Like 1

Line of Duty, Season 3

TEN, and then some.

All three seasons are on torrent sites. but the first two are going away fast. There are sets of season 1 & 2 complete, but they wouldn't play for me after I dl'd them, either on DivX viewer or VLC. Don't know what I need to replay them.There are still individual episodes available, and I'm scooping those up. I will seed for a long time. Even though there are only 18 total episodes, there's so much material and so many characters (all excellent actors) it's too easy (for me) to forget how it all came about.

The Brits can pack more great writing and acting into those 6 episode series than US series do in 22. How can this be?

I hope the show returns, but the last episode had a "That's All, Folks", feel to it.

I thought the end was a tad farcical, but still an excellent series.

They start filming season 4 later on this year.

I'm going to be slammed here, but...a general complaint I always have about British drama's is the slowness.

I'm slogging through the BBC's undercover, and I can't say I don't like it, but seriously it could have been a 90 to 120 minute movie and I think I would have been a lot more satisfied

• Like 1

Line of Duty, Season 3

TEN, and then some.

My bad, I meant to reply another post and ask if "Only the dead" are out on torrents yet?

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to be slammed here, but...a general complaint I always have about British drama's is the slowness.

I'm slogging through the BBC's undercover, and I can't say I don't like it, but seriously it could have been a 90 to 120 minute movie and I think I would have been a lot more satisfied

Slam. Try Happy Valley the best drama TV series I've seen for a long time.

• Like 2

The Brits can pack more great writing and acting into those 6 episode series than US series do in 22.

So the Brits keep telling us, but, in general, I prefer American shows.

I have to agree, now and again the Brits will turn out a gem, but nothing to compete with Breaking Bad, Homeland, Billions, Ray Donovan etc.

The Brits can pack more great writing and acting into those 6 episode series than US series do in 22.

So the Brits keep telling us, but, in general, I prefer American shows.

I have to agree, now and again the Brits will turn out a gem, but nothing to compete with Breaking Bad, Homeland, Billions, Ray Donovan etc.

Yes you turn out some great stuff. Unfortunately for every one good one you turn out another 99 utter rubbish