What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I saw the new Bourne film on Thursday. I thought it was a good action film, in line with the rest of the quadrilogy, worth a watch

Edited by Caps
  • Like 1

Got a bit hooked on Dark Matter, terrible acting but somehow it's really watchable

https://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en_SG&q=dark+matter+tv&newwindow=1&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=vvuOV72JPIiEvQSes5NY

Because Two is smoking hot 1/2 Asian chick .. and now they have hot black girl (Nyx) ... and android that i wouldn't mind getting some emotion out of blink.png

Got to admit, 2 (Melissa O'Neil) is a major part of the show's appeal. I was surprised to learn she was a winner of Canadian idol and has a Broadway career as well.

I have a feeling we will seeing more of her.

post-10408-0-02619900-1469846677_thumb.j

• Like 1

Enjoying Season 3 of Bojack Horseman. Admittedly off-beat, surreal and a cartoon to boot. The cast of voices on this show are beyond amazing.

Just watched Episode 4 (Season 3, "Fish Out of Water"); not sure why I found it so amazing, but I did.

WARNING: Some potential spoilers in this article.

How BoJack Horseman Created the Boldest Cartoon Episode in Decades

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a47069/bojack-horseman-season-three-silent-episode/?src=socialflowTW

Im a high fan of Korean films…the storytelling, acting and technical skills beat the pants off hollywood….which it seems can only do special effects really well.

Anyway this is a gem of a love story…not as mushy as Me Before You….but a more grown up and realistic look.

"A Man and A Woman".

• Like 2

Also…the most ridiculous film ever has to be In The Deep.

2 dumb white chicks get into a shark tank to view great whites somewhere in mexico…the equipment is older and more decrepit than a phuket fishing boat so the tank falls to the bottom of the ocean and they must get up with the sharks circling overhead.

Even though they are wearing oxygen tanks and masks, they are still talking to each throughout the film…. they may be on the bottom of the sea bed…but their voices are crystal clear….<deleted>!

• Like 1

Did anyone mention that Mr Robot is back?

Love this series. It can be an hypnotic and intoxicating viewing. Not many shows like this one around.

A solid 9/10 from me

Season 2 extended to 12 eps. No one talks about F Society.

This season, show creator/runner Sam Esmail is directing all the episodes; and he's written all the eps. aired (I assume he's written all the eps?) . This is unusual given the time demands, most series have different writers, directors, editors.

I find most of this season's scene compositional style a bit repetitive, but still watching it.

An interesting article re: his directorial style...

http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/sam-esmail-mr-robot-directing-anatomy-of-a-scene.html

• Like 1

Sniper Ghost Shooter

This is released in USA cinema's 2-morrow --if your into sniper movie's -- no write up on it yet & no big stars but you can look at 2 minutes on you tube---lots of good links to it around----- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5090828/

-----------

Boxing---I know I have banged this drum before , but if anyone is into it, and has a good sites please share...... I prefer not to stream.....(never awake for half of it) I have 2 sites at the moment if anyone wants links, one is Russian (but the content English most times) it can be tricky setting up, but once done just click on stay signed in------I have been signed in for the last 4 years--it runs on  Yandex if you have never used yandex before--its worth checking out as its now nearly one of the largest down-loaders in the world and its all free...

Is Russia’s Yandex beating Google at its own game?  http://www.digitaltrends.com/android/is-russias-yandex-beating-google-at-its-own-gam/

Of course---I can not put the sites on here but just PM me-----both are not torrent-----

Watched Frampton make history in New York last night, taking a 2nd world title-----the state of British boxing is at the highest I can remember.

UK 14 world Champions------ USA 11 World Champions

Tv series The Hunter AKA Le Chasseur

Three episodes into this 6 part French series and enjoying it.
Has hard coded subs.

IMDB: Le Chausser (The Hunter) is a French crime thriller that follows the works of Samuel, an assassin controlled by his overpowering mother- who also happens to run the hitman business that her son works for.

Sorry, I couldn't find a trailer with subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBvBcmuhaE4

• Like 2

Vanhelsing, episode 1 available.

A vampire futuristic show with zombie/survivior/apocalyptic themes.

Ticks a lot of boxes for me!  Comes to us via SyFy channel, who have consistently promised a lot but ultimately disappointed.

This one looks pretty good first episode and looking forward to seeing where it goes...Worth a watch in my view

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BookMan said:

Vanhelsing, episode 1 available.

A vampire futuristic show with zombie/survivior/apocalyptic themes.

Ticks a lot of boxes for me!  Comes to us via SyFy channel, who have consistently promised a lot but ultimately disappointed.

This one looks pretty good first episode and looking forward to seeing where it goes...Worth a watch in my view

Hm, I'd say, not really vampires but more like Zombies that can speak. Kept me interested...for now.

I agree with your assessment on SyFy with the exception of "The Expanse" (season 2 coming in 2017). I found that to be a high class production. The "Game of Thrones" of the Science Fiction genre so to say. :-)

• Like 2

On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 9:44 AM, canuckamuck said:

Got to admit, 2 (Melissa O'Neil) is a major part of the show's appeal. I was surprised to learn she was a winner of Canadian idol and has a Broadway career as well.

I have a feeling we will seeing more of her.

stage-qa-1003.jpg

Melissa O'Neil went through an astonishing transformation since her Canadian idol days. Well done!

• Like 2

On 8/2/2016 at 6:48 PM, oxo1947 said:

River

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4215810/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

U.S./Lao action thriller (no mafia gang rubbish) filmed in Lao. English language,nice cinematography/scenery, story, acting. All about when things can and do go instantly wrong for farangs in SE Asia if they are in the wrong place/wrong time/ with the wrong attitude (drunk)-- Very watch-able

A very good indie effort, however, more thought should have been given to the title. "River??" tells us nothing, gives us no reason to take a look. Good script, and a very realistic depiction of the kind of trouble that can too easily happen to farangs in SE Asia, due to general inattention, cross-cultural ignorance, and over-indulgence in alcohol or drugs.

The only real weak spots in my opinion, have to do with the generous amount of help the protagonist receives from American Embassies in Laos and Thailand.

There a re a couple of long and important scenes in which French is spoken exclusively. It is fairly easy to see what is happening in these scenes, but still, subtitles would have been helpful.

Watching this story reminds us of a recent tragic case here in LOS, which has yet to be resolved.

8-1/2, and a good reminder to be very careful on a night out, anywhere in SE Asia. Check it out.

• Like 2