What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

21 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Just watched " Kajaki " It was made in 2014. Surprised that I had missed such an excellent tribute to our Military in Afganistan. A truly harrowing portrayal of their service and sacrifice.  Countless lives lost for an un-winnable cause.

This one is also very good.

• Like 2

Their Finest:-.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1661275/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A former secretary, newly appointed as a scriptwriter for propaganda films, joins the cast and crew of a major production while the Blitz rages around them
590ecfe54d97c_TheirFinest.jpg.a6d023fd59a4778c083cf7a0a3911428.jpg

I enjoyed it  [emoji2]

Just watched it ,no real action ,no car chases,no no pc peopld in it just to tick the right boxes,it was great,i really enjoyed it

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm at season 2 of Kingdom which is pretty much a spin off from the warrior film and very entertaining but feels like a soap opera more than a series.

Watched the first episode last night, doubt I'll bother with more. Seems as though there  was no language barrier between the Danes and the English.

Watched the first episode last night, doubt I'll bother with more. Seems as though there  was no language barrier between the Danes and the English.

Are you sure your not watching THE LAST Kingdom?

I think Kingdom is about MMA fighters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Are you sure your not watching THE LAST Kingdom?

I think Kingdom is about MMA fighters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, yes, The Last Kingdom.

• Like 1

I'll stick it on the watch list. I liked the film it is based on but it's not something you watch mote than once IMO.

No film was bit depressing, it was on a loop on lotus so I watched it about 4 times not by choice was the only English channel at the time.

this is a lot more entertaining and enjoyable

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I haven't done it yet but can anyone see any obvious pitfalls re signing in as per the latest requirements from the BBC to use their IPlayer or live TV?

Will this be tied to households/TV licences?

Just curious :smile:

Fall in, Brits. What's good here or have you never seen them either:

9 dark but brilliant British films you've never seen

I've seen:
This is England & Shallow Grave
Both excellent films IMHO.

This is England should appeal to a lot of the 50 something Brits as it's set in the early 80's and will bring back a lot of memories.
Funny at first but the humour turns dark when you see which way the little lad is heading.

Shallow Grave is in a similar vein, comic at first but the reality of the situation makes it dark.

Typical British movies which probably appeal more to a British audience but I recommend anyone to give them a try .
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I've seen:
This is England & Shallow Grave
Both excellent films IMHO.

This is England should appeal to a lot of the 50 something Brits as it's set in the early 80's and will bring back a lot of memories.
Funny at first but the humour turns dark when you see which way the little lad is heading.

Shallow Grave is in a similar vein, comic at first but the reality of the situation makes it dark.

Typical British movies which probably appeal more to a British audience but I recommend anyone to give them a try .

Tyrannosaur is a bit depressing but still worth a 1 time watch it's good just depressing

Shallow grave is decent and dark.

We need to talk about Kevin.  See Tyronnosaur comments

This is England - see tyrannasur comments but a bit less depressing

Dead man's shoes.

Top film but again ......

Fish tank never seen it but I'm guessing it's a bit. .....

Kill lost crazy film but dare I say it a bit ....

If you want something a bit odd and a bit funny but a bit depressing at the same time. Watch rita sue and bob too.( not on list) 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Fall in, Brits. What's good here or have you never seen them either:

9 dark but brilliant British films you've never seen

Six pack if you want a dark gritty funny one and you can handle some proper northern monkey scouse accent (subs recommended) grab this film it's a decent low budget geezers film. It's a northern version of lock stock it's decent but a bit darker.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crew_(2008_film)

• Like 1

Tyrannosaur is a bit depressing but still worth a 1 time watch it's good just depressing

Shallow grave is decent and dark.

We need to talk about Kevin.  See Tyronnosaur comments

This is England - see tyrannasur comments but a bit less depressing

Dead man's shoes.
Top film but again ......

Fish tank never seen it but I'm guessing it's a bit. .....

Kill lost crazy film but dare I say it a bit ....

If you want something a bit odd and a bit funny but a bit depressing at the same time. Watch rita sue and bob too.( not on list) 

Rita, Sue and Bob too, a great movie, but I am a bit biased , a lot of it filmed in the village where I was brought up , Bob's house less than a mile from where I lived.

Very British humour, not sure if the humour will travel well ??

13 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Rita, Sue and Bob too, a great movie, but I am a bit biased , a lot of it filmed in the village where I was brought up , Bob's house less than a mile from where I lived.

Very British humour, not sure if the humour will travel well ??

Good point I'm giggling to myself just thinking of it tbh. It's definitely got a few no fly zones. Tariq? Samir or am I making this up and thinking of eastenders. It's been a while.

Edited by Rc2702

11 hours ago, mogandave said:

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 last night. Good picture

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Good picture, was it HD 720, 1080, theatre screen, or Cam?

The reason I ask is, I went to the local cinema to watch it and the movie was ruined by people standing up, rustling sweet wrapper, slurping coke and mobile phones beeping.  I love to see it again in the privacy of my own home.

• Like 1