What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

8 hours ago, mogandave said:

Anyone else watching "The Hunger"?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The old one with David Bowie? I liked it, but the book was even better. Whitley Streiber wrote it before he went crazy and started claiming to have been anally probed by aliens. He was a major talent up until then.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mogandave said:

Indeed, and they set it up for a sequel but it's been ten years.

Guy Richie's best...

he's done a few good ones although I have to admit I really liked the Man from UNCLE. A good score in that film too.

Watching True Romance again after decades. Heh. Still near the top among the Tarantino pulp.

Clarence Worley: In Jailhouse Rock he was everything rockabilly's about. I mean, he is rockabilly. Mean, surly, nasty, rude. In that movie he couldn't give a f*** about

nothing except rockin' and rollin', living fast, dying young and leaving a good-looking corpse.

Just finished the very recent docudrama called Three Girls. A harrowing account of UK police/councils and associated pen-pushers failing young white girls from Asian grooming gangs in Rochdale,UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The old one with David Bowie? I liked it, but the book was even better. Whitley Streiber wrote it before he went crazy and started claiming to have been anally probed by aliens. He was a major talent up until then.

Yeah, with Bowie, it was okay, albeit a little tough to follow.

Watching True Romance again after decades. Heh. Still near the top among the Tarantino pulp.

Clarence Worley: In Jailhouse Rock he was everything rockabilly's about. I mean, he is rockabilly. Mean, surly, nasty, rude. In that movie he couldn't give a f*** about

nothing except rockin' and rollin', living fast, dying young and leaving a good-looking corpse.

I loved that picture. Hopper: "You're Sicilian, huh?"

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mogandave said:

How about "Blue Velvet"?

Or "The Grifters"

Watched Blue Velvet again for maybe the 5th time a few months ago! Dennis Hopper indeed. An all-time fave. Blue Velvet influenced Tarantino and also Lynch's Twin Peaks, which will reboot this August. Looking forward to that. Saw The Grifters a couple times, been awhile so tnx for reminding me.

Six pack if you want a dark gritty funny one and you can handle some proper northern monkey scouse accent (subs recommended) grab this film it's a decent low budget geezers film. It's a northern version of lock stock it's decent but a bit darker.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crew_(2008_film)

Brilliant film. The Crew 2008.
Really enjoyed it!

Watched Shallow Grave the other day too. Another excellent film.

Any more gems from British Cinema?

Love to know. Pls

Watched Blue Velvet again for maybe the 5th time a few months ago! Dennis Hopper indeed. An all-time fave. Blue Velvet influenced Tarantino and also Lynch's Twin Peaks, which will reboot this August. Looking forward to that. Saw The Grifters a couple times, been awhile so tnx for reminding me.

In the mid 90's I hung with some guys and we watched "Blue Velvet" & "Wild at Heart" every week go a year...

"Damn Peanut..."
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Really enjoyed it!

Love to know. Pls

Good to hear you enjoyed the Crew.

There's one I like which I have a hard time finding online and is  forgotten film in the same vein as the crew.

Gangster no.1

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0210065/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_36

Decent film.

35 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Really enjoyed it!

Love to know. Pls

A decent mini series with Peter mullan is called the Fear. About a Brighton based gangster turned pillar of community whose entering dementia and losing the plot and nobody realises. Shockingly good stuff 

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2316238/

16 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Hopper was the epitome of evil in Blue Velvet, made your skin crawl.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Hopper was the epitome of evil in Blue Velvet, made your skin crawl.

I think I read somewhere that the only thing he can remember about making Easy Rider was that it was the best heroin he ever had. Imagine going for a beer with him and Hunter S Thompson?????

Just watched Trainspotting 2 (T2) last night.

If you enjoyed the first one, you'll enjoy this one as well. 20 years from the first movie, all four of them get together (for better or worse) again. I thought it was good, a couple of real rib-ticklers in among the blood, gore & drugs.................. 

• Like 1

I've been following the series Dark Net recently and would recommend this for people who want to know what really goes on under the hood.

As the title implies, it is about the darker side of the internet from Silk Road type sites to hacking home CCTV systems. On season 2 episode 7 at the minute. Well presented, worth watching................

21 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Just watched Trainspotting 2 (T2) last night.

If you enjoyed the first one, you'll enjoy this one as well. 20 years from the first movie, all four of them get together (for better or worse) again. I thought it was good, a couple of real rib-ticklers in among the blood, gore & drugs.................. 

Where did you get it?