What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I just watched an incredible BBC documentary; PQ17 An Arctic Convoy Disaster

Now I know we Americans are renowned for terrible knowledge of history, by I do pride myself on being a bit of a scholar in this, yet this event was totally unknown to me.

The failure of British naval command was at best dereliction of duty, at worst almost a war crime, resulting in so many deaths of merchant seamen, both UK & US.

Almost as tragic was the time it took for the UK to recognize the heroism of those that took part in the Arctic convoys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03n3297

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

It would want to be better than all the recent movies that Bruce Willis has made.

Yes, several are DVD only.

I guess they are planning another Die Hard so maybe he is trying a come back. 

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, several are DVD only.

I guess they are planning another Die Hard so maybe he is trying a come back. 

The last Diehard was a total fizzer. It seems like Bruce is just in it for the bucks like a few others who no longer have the box office appeal.

About 10 years since the last time I saw it on TV...

“I’m pretty m-f’n far from okay...”

That is one film that I will never forget. I remember watching it at the movies when it first came out and thinking it was nothing like anything I’d seen before. Just so different the way it was made.

I watched it with a bunch of oppos, serving in the armed forces at the time and we were talking about it the moment we left the cinema, and for days after. Normally when you watch a movie you’ve forgotten about it by the time you get to the front door of the theatre.

12 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

That is one film that I will never forget. I remember watching it at the movies when it first came out and thinking it was nothing like anything I’d seen before. Just so different the way it was made.

I watched it with a bunch of oppos, serving in the armed forces at the time and we were talking about it the moment we left the cinema, and for days after. Normally when you watch a movie you’ve forgotten about it by the time you get to the front door of the theatre.

Yeah, bummer I missed about the first 15 minutes. 

8 hours ago, Slaps said:

Like curry to a piss head

Yeah, saw this last night after Pulp Fiction as well, good picture.

Wish it had subtitles...

Still waiting for the sequel to "Rocknrolla" though...

This new series looks like a good one.

Looks like a great cast.

Jeff Daniels has been in some great shows like The Newsroom and Godless.

I think he's under rated.

Summary: Tracing the rising threat of Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaeda, it takes a controversial look at how the rivalry

between the CIA and FBI inadvertently might have set the stage for the tragedy of 9/11 and the war in Iraq.

• Like 2

Lady Bird (great performances from 'mother and daughter' otherwise unremarkable, John Hughes fare from the 80s), The shape of water (slick production and will get best picture), 3 billboards...(all around great acting, writing and directing), Get out (OK but falls down at the end)...

lets see what happens t'morruh...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

Flint Town - enjoying this new series by Netflix at the minute.

Summary: Documentary following the police department in Flint, Michigan as they struggle with dwindling resources and crumbling infrastructure in a community crippled by violence and a contaminated water crisis.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:37 PM, JHolmesJr said:

binge watched first 3 eps of looming towers...great entertainment.

Not bad for what it is, i. e., not Homeland. Off to a slow start w/ macho posturing by gov't hacks mostly concerned about their job security but then fleshing out the characters. Jeff Daniels doesn't do a lot for me but seems he's going away after episode 2. I'll keep watching.

3 minutes ago, Air Smiles said:

Homeland has lost its way for me, Looming Towers is a refreshing change.

Agreed! I'm thinking of "early" Homeland.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1