Motorcycle street racing: What happens when things go wrong - four dead

webfact

No police presence, no point blaming the parents kids do what they want. That why the police should do Patrols!! But hang on where are we again.
Cops need to just take the bikes immediately no mucking around, no bikes no deaths. And the real fact is that they could kill innocent people. Sympathys to there parents, but my OP i couldnt care less if it happens every day to these idiots. Its a police problem, nobody elses.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Horrific is truly the correct word.

I often hear (but don't see) racers on my island late at night on the weekend, and occasionally see the end results of racing as I go for a morning cycle; it is a terribly sad situation.

Kids will be kids, but one certainly has to wonder where the hell the parents are; well-brought up kids don't do idiotic things like this.

R.I.P.

You're correct.. they kill people using Mercedes Benz or Ferraris

Kids will be kids, but one certainly has to wonder where the hell the parents are; well-brought up kids don't do idiotic things like this.

R.I.P.

Just think a minute it's not just kids, if this would of been older KIDs on Real Motorcycles and not scooters, faster and more impact! I have seen them on the roads zipping around and between cars, they just didn't make the headlines that night!

Edited by jmacken306

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

RIP to the red truck, assaulted by idiots. 

There's an easy way to finance a new one:

get the battery maker build a promotion campaign based on that picture of what was once a blue bike with its rear light still on after the impact

return the value of such a brand building campaign to the pick-up owner

I'm slightly cynical here but that's what morbid stupidity putting other people lives at risk inspires me

7 hours ago, mercman24 said:

no one has come up with the theory , was the van turning in front of the riders, as is so often the case here before condemning the kids, 

No matter what happened involving the van, the kids deserve all the condemnation they get. Idiots!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps the pickup turned in front of the FOUR bikes, no time for FOUR bikes to take evasive action.....Strange that eh.....:stoner:

I kind of agree with this based on past experience... 

Some of these beaten up old pickups are driven without any sense. On nearly every road trip I travel outside of Bangkok fast flowing traffic has to come to a screaming halt because some beaten up old pickup up has cut across three lanes straight into the right most lane and is traveling at 20kmh  1 or 2km before a U-Turn... It would seem that the logic of the driver is that they think this is acceptable because they are going slowly and others can take avoiding action... 

In this tragic incident the motorcycle riders are clearly in the wrong for racing (speeding), but I'm wouldn't be entirely certain that the pickup driver is not also complicit in their deaths by carelessly pulling out in front of them. 

A tragic loss for the parents, but the underlying cause is that the roads are simply not adequately policed and so many of the drivers / riders lack any level of road safety education. 

We can't stop kids being kids and taking some crazy risks, but the degree of risk commonly taken can be limited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps the pickup turned in front of the FOUR bikes, no time for FOUR bikes to take evasive action.....Strange that eh.....:stoner:

And perhaps a purple Santa Claus descended from Tesco Lotus and caused the crash. I'll go ahead and look at what evidence we actually have, which is that the motorcycles were traveling at extreme speeds – evident by the wrecks and witness accounts – and leave the pointless make-belief scenarios to you.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Youngsters deprived of life.:sad:

No. 'Deprived' has connotations of some external force denying to them something to which they feel entitled. They made very bad decisions.

'nuff said.

• Like 1

The reactions of so many here cracks me up as if these were the only kids ever to do stupid things. Lets see hood surfing was a good one riding the rails was another and just shear stupiditywas always on display. Calm down boys you maybe 80 now but the rest of the world isn't and they are not waiting on you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Horrific is truly the correct word.

I often hear (but don't see) racers on my island late at night on the weekend, and occasionally see the end results of racing as I go for a morning cycle; it is a terribly sad situation.

R.I.P.

I was a well brought up kid from a nice middle class home with loving caring parents and I was involved in all manner of jack-assery including racing motorcycles an using drugs. 

I doubt there was much the parents could have done or said...

5 minutes ago, musicscene said:

Okay so the boys were speeding RIP but was the pick up checked to make sure the lights and indicators were turned on and working?

In any event,  brake lights had to have been working.

I've always felt that stupidity should be painful to the stupid, too. This was extreme stupidity on several levels that was very painfully paid for. Sad. I suppose a positive would be that they didn't take any 'innocents' with them.

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I was a well brought up kid from a nice middle class home with loving caring parents and I was involved in all manner of jack-assery including racing motorcycles an using drugs. 

I doubt there was much the parents could have done or said..

I tend to believe, there´s nothing but darwin´s law in play here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mercman24 said:

no one has come up with the theory , was the van turning in front of the riders, as is so often the case here before condemning the kids, 

7 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

I feel sorry for the pick up driver, he has to live with this for the rest if his life when it appears he was at no fault...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Pick up turned into Gasoline station - I think he saw the fast bikes not coming and was in their way.

Sure they had been to fast - but did the driver of the Old Truck look good enough before he turned - as I believe crossed the road in front of the boys? ?

8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Good point, sort of.  My wife and I were heading towards a level crossing on her bike a few days ago and a truck pulled right out in front of us, in broad daylight, without a care in the world.  My wife was obviously quite angry but I told her she needs to slow down, not that she was driving fast anyway, just that she has to accommodate the idiots on the road.  She went quiet, so hopefully that sunk in.

Do you see where I'm coming from, mercman?

• Like 1

4 my ego,,,,,, there is no room in the prisons. Absolute stupid loss of life.

Our beloved departed King in many of his speeches used to talk to his subjects 

on "self preservation"  Obviously fell on deaf ears    terrible shame