It's not cruel to hang a water can around a dog's neck, says owner

webfact

3 hours ago, pedro01 said:

These dogs are past training. 

They are dangerous, chasing people around and need to be destroyed.

Very simple

Rubbish.  One of my dogs started chasing 'bikes and samlors, purely 'cos she enjoyed the chase -  i.e. she would never bite anyone.

I easily taught her that this was unacceptable.   But it did take time, patience and  consistency.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, catman20 said:

She said she was advised to do this by elderly dog experts.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Hang on, you missed a bit...

"She said she was advised to do this by elderly Thai dog experts."

There, that's better...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Excellent solution in my eyes. The dogs are still able to bark and run about, but they no longer have the confidence to bite because of the awkward containers. Good job.

It would have been even better to have trained them right in the first place, but that is not very likely to happen, from what I have seen of village life.

Surely more human than have them chained day and night.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, catman20 said:

She said she was advised to do this by elderly dog experts.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Guard dogs exist and are trained in the West too - but they are generally trained responsibly and properly - not by silly methods like hanging water bottles around the poor dogs' necks! These are not feral (stray) dogs (and thus perhaps have never been exposed to any training), but this woman's 'pets'. Better, more responsible and intelligent training from the get-go would have been in order here.

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

Be a responsible dog owner:  Build a fence, place your dogs behind the fence, everything within the fence is fair game, dogs don't go outside the fence.  Problem solved.

Building a fence around a coconut plantation tight enough that dogs can't go through would cost more than the coconut plantation.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, firestar said:

Building a fence around a coconut plantation tight enough that dogs can't go through would cost more than the coconut plantation.

no need to intrude on the discussion with logic. 

I think this is a good idea. Dogs look like they are still happy and the jugs have not affected their ability to bark. I don't understand dog lovers. I can't have anything to do with an animal that doesn't have sense enough to disregard its own feces. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1