Prince Harry commands your presence

webfact

Prince Harry commands your presence

By The Nation

d33f818dfb8c7f199ef3048d75cda5bf-sld.jpe

Siam Paragon celebrates the royal wedding with historic photos, cakes, diamonds and a Rolls Royce

The British Embassy and Bangkok shopping mall Siam Paragon are mounting an exhibition of photos of Prince Harry and the lady he’s marrying on Saturday (May 19), Meghan Markle, and offering a chance to sign a best-wishes book that will be presented to the couple.

Unless you’ve been invited to the wedding at St George’s Chapel within Windsor Castle, drop by Siam Paragon to witness a photographic paean to royal romance and a history of British royal nuptials. The exhibition will be in the mall’s Hall of Fame on M Floor from May 18 through 21.

And Parc Paragon will be fitted with large video screens on Saturday carrying the wedding live from 5 to 7pm. 

7afc0565990934a2d23ff2a9b874c374-sld.jpe

British Ambassador Brian John Davidson says the exhibition will “re-emphasise” the warm relationship that Thailand and Britain have enjoyed for hundreds of years, as have the two countries’ royal families. 

Siam Paragon executive Chadatip Chutrakul says tourists from around the world shop at the mall, so it hosts activities and events of interest to them, and the royal wedding has global appeal.

“The exhibition will also impress visitors with the story of love it shares, and they can write a congratulatory message to Prince Harry and Meghan in a wedding blessing book that the embassy is providing, which will be presented to the couple at Kensington Palace.”

Also on view at the event will be a 1.5-metre-tall wedding cake from Harrods department store, decorated in the Wedgewood style with motifs referring to events over the course of 250 years of history. 

As well, wedding cakes representing other famous British brands, such as Jo Malone, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Mini and Johnnie Walker – and Thai fashion brands with British followings such as Milin, Patinya and Vickteerut – will be on display.

“I lived in England for five years, so I feel a bond to it,” says Milin designer-owner Milin Yuvacharuskul. 

“My wedding cake is inspired by fireworks, symbolising celebration. The lines modern in their styling, as is the Milin brand, and so is the royal wedding, which is veering away from tradition. 

“I love the fact that the bride is a commoner who was married before. The British royal family’s acceptance of Meghan shows that they’re open-minded, which is very interesting.”

Patinya owner-designer Patinya Kiewkong also spent several years in London and marvelled at the art and culture on view all around the city. The cake she’s contributed focuses on Harry and Meghan’s unusual but sublime romance, using white, gold and pale blue to elegant, luxurious effect. 

“The shape is feminine, which reflects the brand’s approach, and decorated with our signature floral garland. You see our four elements all represented – minimalist, feminine, romantic and classic.”

Visitors can drool over a Rolls Royce Phantom VII Series 1, one of a line of superb rides from a brand long favoured by British royalty. Princess Elizabeth, the future queen, and her husband Prince Philip were already riding in a Phantom IV in 1950. 

The exhibition will be absolutely glowing with sample jewellery from 16 diamond shops at Siam Paragon. Le Beau, Gems Pavilion, Dermond, Bijioux de Louis, Karat, Xavier, Blue River, Sette, Rajadamri Gems, Mikimoto, Siam Tiara, Premiera-Exquisite Jewelry, Trez Jewelry, Prima Gems, ST Diamond Design, Marseille and Scintialla will show pieces inspired by romance and made for weddings. The display is collectively valued at Bt200 million.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/lifestyle/30345455

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-16

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The British Embassy and Bangkok shopping mall Siam Paragon are mounting an exhibition of photos of Prince Harry and the lady he’s marrying on Saturday (May 19), Meghan Markle, and offering a chance to sign a best-wishes book that will be presented to the couple.

UK has quite the useful royal family

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

"I love the fact that the bride is a commoner "

yes! i love Thais, say it how it is LOL

Meghan is Harry's 15th Cousin, she is not exactly a commoner, she is descended from British royalty.

Among her father's ancestors are Captain Christopher Hussey, King Robert I of Scotland, Sir Philip Wentworth and his wife, Mary Clifford, a descendant of King Edward III of England.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meghan_Markle

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I think that's nonsense, Buck Pal's attempt to improve the image, I have little doubt that if the average person genealogy was traced they could be found to be quasi-royal or similar - she's a commoner, end of.

Lets see you trace your ancestry back to a couple of kings.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Meghan is Harry's 15th Cousin, she is not exactly a commoner, she is descended from British royalty.

Among her father's ancestors are Captain Christopher Hussey, King Robert I of Scotland, Sir Philip Wentworth and his wife, Mary Clifford, a descendant of King Edward III of England.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meghan_Markle

still gonna be arguments when it wants to go play in green park. that's not a **** cricket bat, get back in the house!

51Yj5ymEnGL.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lanista said:

Isnt there some doubt as to who is Harry's father?  Maybe he is just a half royal.

Harry is the spitting image of that British army officer who was porking Diana before Harry was born.

Same reddish hair, jaw structure and other facial features all the same.

shhhh

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

I do believe it, it is perfectly believable, I am no doubt related to her as well, at least I am to her hubby.

yeah. and my grand dad was the pope. i think that's where the nightmares and flashbacks come from

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Lets see you trace your ancestry back to a couple of kings.

I'll be pleased to do so, just arrange for me to have use of the same resources deployed for the Mehgan exercise, aka  Buck Palais genealogy resource and a team of researchers and job done, I'm certain they'll post their finding for you - I mean, how naive can you possibly be!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simoh1490 said:

I'll be pleased to do so, just arrange for me to have use of the same resources deployed for the Mehgan exercise, aka  Buck Palais genealogy resource and a team of researchers and job done, I'm certain they'll post their finding for you - I mean, how naive can you possibly be!

That is not how it was done, it was done privately using the boarding records of those who emigrated to America, anyone in America has access to the same records, but you are naive of that fact, right?

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

That is not how it was done, it was done privately using the boarding records of those who emigrated to America, anyone in America has access to the same records, but you are naive of that fact, right?

Which of course wouldn't be part of the genealogy records available to Buck Palais.....right!

5 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You're such an educated man; you really do seem to know everything.....:laugh:

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, lanista said:

Isnt there some doubt as to who is Harry's father?  Maybe he is just a half royal.

Harry is the spitting image of that British army officer  James Hewitt who was porking Diana before Harry was born.

Same reddish hair, jaw structure and other facial features all the same.

William is definitely Royal. He's got that unmistakeable inbred splash running down his face.

Yes but is daddy going to be invited to Harrys wedding?

Just look at photos of Harry, James Hewitt could be twins!!

William is Charles son, Harry is not.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Sadly, Meghan's father Thomas Markle pulled out of the wedding after realizing that his daughter was marrying a ginger. She shouldn't feel too bad, poor Harry's father wasn't invited at all. :))

Pulling out at this late stage of the game is pointless, the job's done.

If William walked into a pub in jeans and a t-shirt you would still know he's royalty and step aside.

He looks the part.

If Harry walked into a pub in jeans and a t-shirt you would think he's a  sparky  and then ask him for a game of darts.  He's a  very decent & good looking guy but he's a commoner.IMHO

Edited by lanista

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

and apparently a bit of an old slut who's been round the block a few times. oh harry, some are for banging and some are for marrying. didn't they teach him anything in that Palace :smile:

I'm confused...how is this not a breach of posting rules???

• Haha 1