DPM Prawit orders Defence Ministry to keep closer tabs on foreigners up to no good in Thailand

webfact

DPM Prawit orders Defence Ministry to keep closer tabs on foreigners up to no good in Thailand

3pm.jpg

Picture: Manager online

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan has ordered the Defense Ministry to improve measures to keep tabs on foreigners in Thailand in an effort to stop transnational crime.

After a top level meeting yesterday spokesman Khongcheep Tantrawanich said that the issue of how foreigners living in Thailand were monitored was discussed.

Deputy Prawit wants to see improvements and a coordinated effort from all agencies from when they arrive in the country to where they are residing and other details that were unspecified.

To facilitate this the DE (digital economy) department are being involved to ensure that technology is used to make sure that the authorities can keep track of where people are and what they are doing.

Those mentioned in particular were tourists, investors and laborers, reported Manager.

Prawit has called for reform in the way the authorities approach the safety and stability of the country in this regard.

Source: Manager online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-17
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hey How about individual shadow 24/7 every foreigner in Thailand? then  they always know where the foreigners are and what the foreigners are doing.

He can send one around my place to guard me providing the soldier has a weapon and can put up with my slow driving.

I was under such 'observation' back in the early 90's living in Vietnam.  It was great, never felt so safe.

Of course I don't do anything illegal or questionable.

• Confused 1

To facilitate this the DE (digital economy) department are being involved to ensure that technology is used to make sure that the authorities can keep track of where people are and what they are doing.

& that's what the government payment schemes & 4.0 are all about.....little fat uncle is watching you.

• Like 2