Saturday Night on Nimmanhamin===LAME!

heybruce

6 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Single desperate guys you mean.

All my Thai pals are married (or cohabiting), not desperate (as far as I can tell), just fancy a 20 year old for a change to their 40 something year old wife.

University girls working for 'tips' on the side (aka sie-lie girls) are considered fair game for married Thai gentlemen.

(read the TV report of the 35yo man whose wife followed him to a short time hotel)

Just because you can't work out how to get them, doesn't mean they aren't available.

Edited by BritManToo

Just now, BritManToo said:

All my Thai pals are married (or cohabiting), not desperate, just fancy a 20 year old for a change as opposed to their wife in her 40s.

University girls working for 'tips' on the side (aka sie-lie girls) are considered fair game for married Thai gentlemen.

Just because you can't work out how to get them, doesn't mean they aren't available.

Thai pals? Nice story 

3 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Thai pals? Nice story 

I don't know any white people in Thailand, I come here to get away from them.

Some foreigners can speak Thai and do mix with Thai people you know.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I don't know any white people in Thailand, I come here to get away from them.

Some foreigners can speak Thai and do mix with Thai people you know.

And you go out and pay for hookers together. Not such a great achievement.

4 minutes ago, Justfine said:

And you go out and pay for hookers together. Not such a great achievement.

Not much, I'm past associating with women these days (paid or 'free'), only interested in drinking beer now, but I still like to look at legs. 1 hooker or 40-60 beers equals no contest.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not much, I'm past associating with women these days (paid or 'free'), only interested in drinking beer now, but I still like to look at legs. 1 hooker or 40-60 beers equals no contest.

How do you drink 40+ beers in one night?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Yes, that is exactly it. The nightlife in C.M. is indeed booming and has never been better. Everyday somewhere new opens. Thailand is no longer the place where one dreamed of going to stay in a 300 Baht/night bungalow on an isolated beach with cheap booze and prostitutes in abundance. Thailand is mainly a middle-class to upper middle-class economy now. Even the wife's 21 y/o cousin goes to Phuket or Samui with a couple of friends and they pitch in and rent a 4-5K/night hotel room . Thailand used to cater to single Westerners who would pull up a bar stool and budget on 1,000 Baht for a "night out", pampered by the bar ladies and so forth. Now, things have changed. Students and other young people go out as a group and drop quite a lot of money on an evening out. When I go to Bangkok and meet up with some Thai friends, they make all the arrangements and order everything and I have to twist their arms just to pitch in on the bill. Going out as a group is now the usual way to socialize. There is not much money in catering to single ex-pat who is on a budget. Times have changed, get over it.

Thais are often wasteful. Buying loads of food then leaving 1/3 uneaten. Not much thought for saving money for the future. Then when they have no money they sponge off others. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Yes, that is exactly it. The nightlife in C.M. is indeed booming and has never been better. Everyday somewhere new opens. Thailand is no longer the place where one dreamed of going to stay in a 300 Baht/night bungalow on an isolated beach with cheap booze and prostitutes in abundance. Thailand is mainly a middle-class to upper middle-class economy now. Even the wife's 21 y/o cousin goes to Phuket or Samui with a couple of friends and they pitch in and rent a 4-5K/night hotel room . Thailand used to cater to single Westerners who would pull up a bar stool and budget on 1,000 Baht for a "night out", pampered by the bar ladies and so forth. Now, things have changed. Students and other young people go out as a group and drop quite a lot of money on an evening out. When I go to Bangkok and meet up with some Thai friends, they make all the arrangements and order everything and I have to twist their arms just to pitch in on the bill. Going out as a group is now the usual way to socialize. There is not much money in catering to single ex-pat who is on a budget. Times have changed, get over it.

Thailand is no longer the place where one dreamed of going to stay in a 300 Baht/night bungalow on an isolated beach with cheap booze and prostitutes in abundance.

Been reading too many novels, by that statement. The 300 baht hut disappeared long ago, and there were no prostitutes in abundance on isolated beaches. The only prostitutes were the ones that came with the guy from elsewhere. As for booze, everything on the beaches was more expensive because it had to be brought in.

single Westerners who would pull up a bar stool and budget on 1,000 Baht for a "night out", pampered by the bar ladies and so forth.

When was that ever true? Back in the early 70s perhaps. I doubt many expats now would ever have gone out thinking 1000 would cover drinks, lady drinks, bar fine and fun.

Thailand is mainly a middle-class to upper middle-class economy now.

???????????

In the circles you move in perhaps. The vast majority of Thais live on around or under 15,000 baht a month. They ain't going clubbing on that.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, heybruce said:

I like that place, and I'm FB friends with a couple of the pretties.  It's kind of a pain in the *ss to get to due to canals and the superhighway, and it can get really crowded after 9 pm.  Still worth a visit once in a while.

I see that the katoeys there are better looking than the ones on Loi Kroh.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thailand is mainly a middle-class to upper middle-class economy now.

???????????

In the circles you move in perhaps. The vast majority of Thais live on around or under 15,000 baht a month. They ain't going clubbing on that.

It's clear to me that you don't know any Thai people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:32 AM, cyberfarang said:

I think you are misinterpreting thaibeachlovers post. He wasn`t saying that anyone cares if white folk are bored or not.

He is saying that Chiang Mai no longer caters (nightlife wise) for western tourists and western expats. Last week I was in town and everything began winding down at 10.00pm, after that it was like a ghost town. Personally, I don`t give a toss about Chinese tourists, all I know is that for me too, the city, socially, has very little to offer. Over the years a lot of the good stuff has been shut down and left with just a load of poor quality crap, and now they`re even taking the crap away.

I guess it`s true, that the city`s priorities are catering for the Chinese and what`s left for us is pretty dull.

Thank you for actually understanding what I was saying. I guess some just don't care that in a tourist city full of western tourists there is sod all for them to do after dark.

Combined with the closure of places that cater for low end western tourists, C M is about to face catastrophe for any Thais that depend on the low end western tourists, and that would number many thousands.

3 minutes ago, elektrified said:

It's clear to me that you don't know any Thai people.

Oh sure, you are so clever that you know everything about me! 5555555555555

I guess I invented the Thai woman I was married to, her Thai family, and all the people in the Thai village and Thai town I lived in.

Of course, in the decades I've been coming to and living in Thailand I avoided anything to do with Thai people, and never had any Thai girlfriends.

:crazy:

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

How do you drink 40+ beers in one night?

Can't I just buy 4 or 5 boxes at Makro and drink them in my own time while sitting in the garden over the next few weeks?

(Beer U, 500bht for a box of 12 large, can't beat it)

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Most Thai guys I know, go out in groups hoping to meet hookers girls seeking compensated dating.

Why do you think the staff of Milk Club, Oxide, et al look and are dressed like this?

milk club.jpg

I, and many other expats in Chiang Mai, know where to find hookers and know where to find places where good Thai food and cold beer are served by pretties with a smile.  We also know the two, hookers and pretties, aren't the same.  Sorry to discredit your stereotype.

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

" Students and other young people go out as a group and drop quite a lot of money on an evening out."

You clearly don't know what life is like for the average Thai student, or for the graduates who don't come from families with money and connections.  Most of the women working at Milk Club work full time and are full time students.  The sie lie girls aren't doing it because they enjoy sex with middle-aged men, they are doing it because they are desperately poor.

Chiang Mai University students rarely have jobs because the expectations of the university leave no time for it.  My favorite former student, the one studying for her PhD in Korea now, was raised by semi-literate parents and would save a few baht a day, some by recycling bottles, all semester to afford to go to out with friends at the end of the semester. 

As for nightlife in Chiang Mai is booming; care to give examples?  Places where average people, both Thais and expats, hangout, not the rich.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Justfine said:

"Just because you can't work out how to get them,"

Yeah paying hookers is so hard.

Your clueless stereotyping is offensive, and confirms my earlier assessment of your arrogance.

You are also coming across as a lonely, insecure type belittling others in order to feel less inadequate.  Let me guess; came to Thailand alone and haven't found any friends.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Most Thai guys I know, go out in groups hoping to meet hookers girls seeking compensated dating.

Why do you think the staff of Milk Club, Oxide, et al look and are dressed like this?

milk club.jpg

Not a lot of milk IMHO.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You clearly don't know what life is like for the average Thai student, or for the graduates who don't come from families with money and connections.  Most of the women working at Milk Club work full time and are full time students.  The sie lie girls aren't doing it because they enjoy sex with middle-aged men, they are doing it because they are desperately poor.

One female student I know, her parents give her 60k/month in spending money.

This isn't enough for her spending needs and she claims to earn another 60k in 'tips' while working as a 'pretty' in one of these beer bars. I wouldn't describe either her or her parents as 'desperately poor'

There isn't that much difference in how 'pretties' earn money, although the outward appearance (and the prices OMG) may seem different. Agree TBL totally wrong, never seen a ladyboy at Oxide or Milk Club, usually the Thai beer bars won't employ them. Never seen anyplace in CM with prettier girls than Milk Club.

Edited by BritManToo

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Your clueless stereotyping is offensive, and confirms my earlier assessment of your arrogance.

You are also coming across as a lonely, insecure type belittling others in order to feel less inadequate.  Let me guess; came to Thailand alone and haven't found any friends.

...and you sound a bit boring too.

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

My favorite former student, the one studying for her PhD in Korea now, was raised by semi-literate parents and would save a few baht a day, some by recycling bottles, all semester to afford to go to out with friends at the end of the semester. 

OMG! Listen to you.

You're making that up aren't you?

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

One female student I know, her parents give her 60k/month in spending money.

This isn't enough for her spending needs and she claims to earn another 60k in 'tips' while working as a 'pretty' in one of these beer bars.

Its best not to believe everything that these girls tell you .

Studying all day, working all night : When does she get the chance to spend 4000 Baht per day ?

Seems to be common knowledge in BKK that the key to success for the western style bars is the free-lance girls.  Yes, you can find some pretty cool beer garden type places in CM, still, and get ice put in your beer by some very young and attractive Rajabat girl, but let's face it..your chances of taking one of them home are slim.  Spicy, Johns...etc., used to be a good mine.....absolutely dreadful now.  Zoe, ok maybe a few, but way, outnumbered my backpackers, and other misfits.  And the Midnight close...Spicy used to not even get going till 2:30.  So IMO, a single guy has every right to be very disappointed in the CM Bar scene...And Nimman isn't even worth a very dangerous walk through the area.  And agreed, 15000 per month is much more of a rule than an exception for a large majority of Thais. Negative worth pretenders are very common up there...the banks don't want deposits,because there are so few worthy of credit, anymore.

Edited by moontang
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its best not to believe everything that these girls tell you .

Studying all day, working all night : When does she get the chance to spend 4000 Baht per day ?

I believe her on the money.

Not much mandatory studying done on many courses, quite a bit of copying.

Generally (but not always), if you can pay the course fees, you can graduate.

Edited by BritManToo