Saturday Night on Nimmanhamin===LAME!

heybruce

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Personally, I'm working on the cutie at Big C who works the adult incontinence pampers aisle.

You too !!!!  ???

Edited by rumak

6 hours ago, Puwa said:

Ok loverboys, this thread has been so enlightening that I want to make a proposal. 

Since we have so many experts on chatting up women, sussing out pros from pretties, and enticing college girls to shed their uniforms, I invite them to put their game on the line. Let's meet up and go out one night this week. I'll buy a couple of rounds, and you show what you can do. I shall report back to the forum faithfully on how it goes. 

Any takers?

Actually we've had debates on the level of prostitution among current pretties in Chiang Mai, off-topic tales of past whooring, comparisons to prostitution in Bangkok, and completely irrelevant discussions of Trump (I apologize for participating in the last one). 

We have had little actual discussion of the nightlife situation around Nimmanhamin and viable alternatives.

Predictable; any topic related to social life on TV degenerates into discussions of prostitution.

Edited by heybruce

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, the pretties work though agencies. I was just correcting you on your earlier misstatement that the pretties worked for "major alcoholic drink companies". Now you state they work for "every major drink distributor". Despite not being able to make your mind up, thanks for (kind of) acknowledging that you are sometimes wrong.

Is there an app or some other technology that allows these agencies to spot the few that undeniably go the extra mile? I mean they don't LOOK like hookers after all and the agency doesn't assign a supervisor on each and every watering hole so how can they tell? I mean what does a Thai on Thai hustle look like? Can you tell us? Let me guess... you can spot them a mile off, no?

When I said "I don't see how that has changed much either", I was referring to the FACT that some pretties (or whatever they were called 30-odd years ago) were not averse to sell more than just their prettiness and beer selling skills. Yes, some things have changed a lot, there's BTS and MRT, a choice of Bangkok airports, taxis use their meters and there's been a few coups as well. But pretty Thai ladies getting paid for doing the horizontal mambo? That has not changed, never will.

Reality? Something that your take on the immaculate Thai pretty is totally lacking. Maybe it's a Chiang Mai thing? Maybe it's just you.

Stick to the original subject and posting pertinent information on nightlife on Nimmanhamin and you'll do just find but getting all high and mighty about your virtuous pretties is on a hiding for nothing.

You said you don't like sitting watching football in a pub or bar. Neither do I but eschewing those venues when the alternatives are slim to none... like on Nimmanhamin, one maybe just stay home and whine about it on the forums.

Oh, wait...

PS: None of the participants in the rumpy-pumpy were hookers (and one was engaged to be married) but I guess you haven't been to Brazil either.

Yes, I omitted the chain of employment from drink companies to drink distributors to agencies because it was irrelevant to the post.  The young women, most of them college students, are wearing clothes prominently displaying the names and logos of major alcoholic drink brands and working in normal bars and restaurants, not hooker bars.  The management of these places do not allow these young women to work as prostitutes while working as pretties.  Maybe it was different when and where you went out, but that's how it works in Chiang Mai.

Why are you and others so desperate to believe that the women now working as pretties in Chiang Mai are prostitutes?  If you are so sure of it, go out and proposition a few of them.  If you maintain you are far to moral for such activities, then stay off this topic, it's obviously of no interest to you and you have no current information on the subject.

When you posted " "I don't see how that has changed much either" you were posting about pretties, and in my reply, which was entirely about the differences between pretties in Thailand in the 1980's and today, I was clearly also posting about pretties.  Do you have reading comprehension problems?

Yes, my experiences with pretties is limited to Chaing Mai.  This is a topic about Chiang Mai in the Chiang Mai forum.  Did you not notice this?  Once again, do you have reading comprehension problems?

Also again, your past experiences (my guess is long past) of screwing around in Brazil after watching football in a bar has nothing to do with this topic. 

If you have no interest in this topic, and no useful information (so far you've posted none), then go away.

6 hours ago, Puwa said:

Ok loverboys, this thread has been so enlightening that I want to make a proposal. 

Since we have so many experts on chatting up women, sussing out pros from pretties, and enticing college girls to shed their uniforms, I invite them to put their game on the line. Let's meet up and go out one night this week. I'll buy a couple of rounds, and you show what you can do. I shall report back to the forum faithfully on how it goes. 

Any takers?

hey? bruce? You up for this?

I mean you can take care of tips OK.

If that is what it takes to bring people back on topic, fine. What place in the Nimmanhamin area of Chiang Mai do you propose meeting at?  No tourist bars, please.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Leo recruit their own. Chang recruit their own.

(don't know if Chang hire an agency to run Chang girls, but they certainly don't come from a general pool of beer staff)

One night I was in a bar (4 years back) the Chang girls handler came in and all the girls in Chang dresses went over to discuss pay, none of the girls wearing the other beer dresses went over. As far as I know the branded beer girls work direct for the beer company and are assigned to various bars, free of charge, on the volume of their brand beer sold. The vast majority that don't wear branded dress are employees of the bar. Not sure why an argument about  branded beer girls has erupted, they are a minority.

Have no recent knowledge (since the Junta beer brand advertising rules) of beer dresses. 

But never mind, still plenty of pretties around, Oxide does 'theme' nights, I enjoy window shopping.

oxide.jpg

oxide 2.jpg

"Have no recent knowledge (since the Junta beer brand advertising rules) of beer dresses. "

Really?  I haven't been to Oxide for several months, but I saw Heineken and Asahi pretties then.   Beer pretties are standard in the small number of bars in the Nimmanhamin area that don't cater to tourists.

Sorry NanLaew, you can't bar fine out the Oxide pretties, or those at Milk Club, No Bar, or the other bars that hire their own pretties.  But, being such an expert on pretties in Chiang Mai, I'm sure you knew that.

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Predictable; anything topic related to social life on TV degenerates into discussions of prostitution.

...which in this instance is propagated by your repeated assertions to the 100% virtuousness of the CM pretty crew which is fundamentally the same as denying the possibility that some of the CM pretty crew are up for it which is what TLB only suggested in the first place.

You are the one who chose the run with this particular nugget so deal with it.

9 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Also again, your past experiences (my guess is long past) of screwing around in Brazil after watching football in a bar has nothing to do with this topic. 

Why do you need to guess when I CLEARLY stated the year?

You're really not paying attention are you?

Personally, I'm working on the cutie at Big C who works the adult incontinence pampers aisle.

Good idea.

But you have to test her out.

Have her put one on you to make sure she can "take care".

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

...which in this instance is propagated by your repeated assertions to the 100% virtuousness of the CM pretty crew which is fundamentally the same as denying the possibility that some of the CM pretty crew are up for it which is what TLB only suggested in the first place.

You are the one who chose the run with this particular nugget so deal with it.

I have very clearly stated that some pretties probably work as prostitutes, as do some men and women in all walks of life. 

I contested the all inclusiveness of TBL's statement "The difference between hookers and pretties would only be the price."   You are the one who chose to debate the obvious meaning of his post.

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If that is what it takes to bring people back on topic, fine. What place in the Nimmanhamin area of Chiang Mai do you propose meeting at?  No tourist bars, please.

TBH, I would happily fly over for a night out and get some first-hand experience of Nimmanhamin... with your guidance of course.

It does seem like the place is dying on the vine but is this simply cyclical? At the risk of mentioning places with a much lower social demographic (you know the ones I'm talking about), they are all experiencing the low-season 'churn' regardless if they have pretties, decent music, a fine social ambiance, great location, etc.. I think the regular night owl is perpetually seeking something new and if newbie owners over invest in a new bar and thus can't afford to maintain the staff and turnover when it goes 'off the boil, then maybe it is more of a case of perpetually bad bar/club management skills aided and abetted by traditional Thai landlords mercenary rent hikes. They see a place doing well and they find ways to wring more out of the tenant... that's pretty much a universal in LOS in restaurants as well as bars and clubs.

Keeping this Nimmanhamin-centric. Are there any places that defy the odds? Looking back over the previous years of your Nimmanhamin experience, was there any place that seemed to buck the trend and hang in a bit longer while others were folding, changing names and re-opening only to fizzle out after a few months?

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Watching a football game at a huge-open air bar in Fortaleza , eating mediocre pizza and washing it down with draft Heineken was a precursor to impromptu but well-received karaoke performances and ultimately one of the best and spontaneous 3-somes I have ever been invited to partake in.

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Why do you need to guess when I CLEARLY stated the year?

You're really not paying attention are you?

It seems you have memory problems in addition to the reading comprehension issues.

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

TBH, I would happily fly over for a night out and get some first-hand experience of Nimmanhamin... with your guidance of course.

It does seem like the place is dying on the vine but is this simply cyclical? At the risk of mentioning places with a much lower social demographic (you know the ones I'm talking about), they are all experiencing the low-season 'churn' regardless if they have pretties, decent music, a fine social ambiance, great location, etc.. I think the regular night owl is perpetually seeking something new and if newbie owners over invest in a new bar and thus can't afford to maintain the staff and turnover when it goes 'off the boil, then maybe it is more of a case of perpetually bad bar/club management skills aided and abetted by traditional Thai landlords mercenary rent hikes. They see a place doing well and they find ways to wring more out of the tenant... that's pretty much a universal in LOS in restaurants as well as bars and clubs.

Keeping this Nimmanhamin-centric. Are there any places that defy the odds? Looking back over the previous years of your Nimmanhamin experience, was there any place that seemed to buck the trend and hang in a bit longer while others were folding, changing names and re-opening only to fizzle out after a few months?

TBH?  Who are you addressing this to?

22 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Sorry NanLaew, you can't bar fine out the Oxide pretties, or those at Milk Club, No Bar, or the other bars that hire their own pretties.  But, being such an expert on pretties in Chiang Mai, I'm sure you knew that.

Where did I say you can bar fine pretties ANYWHERE let alone the fine young strumpets on Nimmanhamin? You should stop accusing me of poor comprehension when you don't have a gold star in it yourself.

You are the unparalleled CM pretty expert... you've tipped well enough to earn that moniker.

I only seek to push your buttons keep it fair and balanced.

Edited by NanLaew

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

TBH?  Who are you addressing this to?

Well bugger me bruce, apart from you and I, there's only 2 others reading this thread so surely you can work that out for yourself can't you?

Oh... I see you're confused by TBH? That's "To be Honest"

Edited by NanLaew

Dayli....was doing 3 large Tigers for 149 five years ago...no ice needed, as they rotated them through a freezer.  Music, soccer, pretties...but you would think that you would have had to pay farang  to go in there.  Maybe the lack of Shepherds Lie maybe the lack of prossies....but it was good enough....And nothing comes remotely close to it now, even for three times the money.  Many went to Kamrai, but face it:  that old bag is goddamn bitch.  Dayli  had so much better ambiance...It is obvious, many should stay in their own country.

Where did I say you can bar fine pretties ANYWHERE let alone the fine young strumpets on Nimmanhamin? You should stop accusing me of poor comprehension when you don't have a gold star in it yourself.

You are the unparalleled CM pretty expert... you've tipped well enough to earn that moniker.

I only seek to push your buttons keep it fair and balanced.

Just letting you know that the Oxide pretties are not among the pretty prostitutes you seem to think are prevalent. 

Well bugger me bruce, apart from you and I, there's only 2 others reading this thread so surely you can work that out for yourself can't you?

Oh... I see you're confused by TBH? That's "To be Honest"

Ok, after using TBL for thaibeachlover I wan't sure what you meant by TBH.

If Puwa wants to set something up, I'll go for it.  Keep in mind this topic was never meant to be about prostitution, it was about the current absence of non-tourist nightlife on Nimmanhamin.  He will be hard pressed to find a venue of the non-tourist variety in the Nimman area in which a group of old farangs don't stick out.

10 minutes ago, moontang said:

Dayli....was doing 3 large Tigers for 149 five years ago...no ice needed, as they rotated them through a freezer.  Music, soccer, pretties...but you would think that you would have had to pay farang  to go in there.  Maybe the lack of Shepherds Lie maybe the lack of prossies....but it was good enough....And nothing comes remotely close to it now, even for three times the money.  Many went to Kamrai, but face it:  that old bag is goddamn bitch.  Dayli  had so much better ambiance...It is obvious, many should stay in their own country.

Dayli was a great place to meet with friends for Thai food and beer.  It's been closed since March.  As noted, there isn't much left in the area.

I'm not familiar with Kamrai, but it seems you don't recommend it.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Don't care ..... just YUM.

oxide.jpg

milk3.jpg

That's the correct attitude. Congratulations.  Beer always tastes better when served by a smiling pretty.

It seems some people think time spent with a pretty woman is wasted if you can't rent her for the night.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Dayli was a great place to meet with friends for Thai food and beer.  It's been closed since March.  As noted, there isn't much left in the area.

I'm not familiar with Kamrai, but it seems you don't recommend it.

Kamrai was the bottle shop..site of the Nimman MCD.  Well, Dayli had about a 13 year run...definitley on the decline later on, but they must have seen the writing on the wall.  Very prime piece of land, that I really enjoyed the 300 times I went there.  But, typical Farang, never heard of it, but is intimately familiar with various versions of bad service and brooder central on the east side.

I'll give you credit, Bruce, for someone who cried when Ted Kennedy died, you certainly showed a willingness to go a bit off the tourist beaten track and simply enjoy yourself at some of the Thai places...and you must still be puzzled why these places, now mostly gone, couldn't bring in the farang.

12 minutes ago, moontang said:

Kamrai was the bottle shop..site of the Nimman MCD.  Well, Dayli had about a 13 year run...definitley on the decline later on, but they must have seen the writing on the wall.  Very prime piece of land, that I really enjoyed the 300 times I went there.  But, typical Farang, never heard of it, but is intimately familiar with various versions of bad service and brooder central on the east side.

I'll give you credit, Bruce, for someone who cried when Ted Kennedy died, you certainly showed a willingness to go a bit off the tourist beaten track and simply enjoy yourself at some of the Thai places...and you must still be puzzled why these places, now mostly gone, couldn't bring in the farang.

Right, I knew Kamrai.  I preferred nearby OMG when it was on the sidewalk across from the Tesco Lotus.  A friend told me that the old lady who ran OMG was paying 100k baht a month just to lease the narrow strip of patio from 6 pm to midnight. 

High rents are ruining everything that was good about Nimmanhamin. 

Edited by heybruce

5 minutes ago, moontang said:

Whatabout T-bar?  Had potential, but had stupid management, just like Mirror and Club Cafe...didn't know a cold beer if it hit them in the head.

I always found the people friendlier across the street at Oxide.  Unfortunately I also found the bands that played at Oxide deafening.  A pretty bar is more fun if you can chat with the pretties.

Mirror/Club Cafe...good location, poor food, poor service.  I agree with you on the mismanagement.

20 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Ok, after using TBL for thaibeachlover I wan't sure what you meant by TBH.

If Puwa wants to set something up, I'll go for it.  Keep in mind this topic was never meant to be about prostitution, it was about the current absence of non-tourist nightlife on Nimmanhamin.  He will be hard pressed to find a venue of the non-tourist variety in the Nimman area in which a group of old farangs don't stick out.

That's the spirit. You guys can choose the place and I'll meet you there.

Ground rules:

1. This is all in good fun.

2. I am not interested in your real identity and will respect your privacy and confidentiality.

3. The point of this excursion is to verify the ability of CM TVF members who tout their mastery of nightlife to show their chops.

4. The events in this pentathalon will include identifying female persons, approaching them, charming them with wit, persuading them to spend some time chatting, and securing some kind of follow-up.

5. Obviously we're talking about non-pros. In other words, no points for getting a frerlancer's number.

6. I will report back to the forum with the fairest and most accurate account I can deliver.

Thursday night looks good to me. You guys decide on a place. As I said, I'll kick in a couple of rounds but I'm not going to sponsor your whole night out.

If you want to take part, PM me by 10pm today and we'll work out the deets among ourselves. Max 3 punters not including myself.

Onward!

53 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Just letting you know that the Oxide pretties are not among the pretty prostitutes you seem to think are prevalent. 

I said some.

some.jpg.20bb2170197d4ff97dff29b60e1928f9.jpg

You insist I said prevalent.

prevalent.jpg.0ad7fa2cc3e1c8606ad8379012136ff5.jpg

Comprehension anyone?

47 minutes ago, heybruce said:

It seems some people think time spent with a pretty woman is wasted if you can't rent her for the night.

Correction... you assume some people think time spent with a pretty woman is wasted if you can't rent her for the night.

Personally, the whole pretty artifice is way, way over rated and that's NOT because there no chance of bedding them. It's an affection designed solely for Thai blokes with a bit of extra liquidity to feel favored and appreciated by pretty young girls. An expensive ego trip. It's all puff and artifice and is in no way a guarantee of polite, courteous or even knowledgeable service. However, the place will be air conditioned and you can still 'lech' at them... or lie and say you don't. If they are working in a bar that has ambiance, good music, a decent menu and a cook in the kitchen that can fulfill culinary requests, then the pretties are a bonus. My look at reviews of oxide indicates that just like a gazillion other Thai pubs with pretties, it is NOT all that.

The best professional wait service I had in bar was in the Havana Club cigar bar in the lobby of the Concorde in KL. The 4 regular waitresses, all easy on the eye, were trained and fully conversant with types of cigars and knew how to match a customers needs with what they had in their huge walk-in humidor. They even knew how to correctly pre-light your cigar for you. Only ever had that before at a divan in New Orleans. Now, how many pretties can tell if the punter relaxing in the corner is a Chang man, a draft Tiger guy or a Belgian IPA aficionado... or if it even matters? How many care? Until it's time for tips of course.

I guess as long as the punters tip like Bill Gates, then they're alright... even the older farang sat in the other corner, nursing a Leo and licking his eyebrows.

46 minutes ago, Puwa said:

That's the spirit. You guys can choose the place and I'll meet you there.

Ground rules:

1. This is all in good fun.

2. I am not interested in your real identity and will respect your privacy and confidentiality.

3. The point of this excursion is to verify the ability of CM TVF members who tout their mastery of nightlife to show their chops.

4. The events in this pentathalon will include identifying female persons, approaching them, charming them with wit, persuading them to spend some time chatting, and securing some kind of follow-up.

5. Obviously we're talking about non-pros. In other words, no points for getting a frerlancer's number.

6. I will report back to the forum with the fairest and most accurate account I can deliver.

Thursday night looks good to me. You guys decide on a place. As I said, I'll kick in a couple of rounds but I'm not going to sponsor your whole night out.

If you want to take part, PM me by 10pm today and we'll work out the deets among ourselves. Max 3 punters not including myself.

Onward!

Sorry, but I got the black socks and the wife-beater cleaned and pressed for a trip to the Nana Carpark, Thursday Night.