Best way to get from Novatel Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang?

steffi

I've gone from DM to the Novotel. I used taxi, and probably paid tolls ... but I don't believe it was very expensive given the length of time. If you can afford the Novotel the taxi price is okay. I wouldn't go any other way.

Taxis are very cheap and convenient in Thailand, I would recommend this as your best choice from a relatively out of town hotel like the Novotel.

Other options are going to be comparatively more time consuming and once all 'transfers' (e.g taxi from hotel to mass transit station) are taken into account, likely not much cheaper anyway.

Another consideration would be luggage, I personally wouldn't fancy dragging a large case around public transport, although hand luggage would be manageable. 

If the tolls are a concern, you can always ask the driver to not use the toll ways. However, if travelling during peak hours, the traffic would add reasonable additional time to your journey. 

It's all about prioritising what's most important for you. Your time, your comfort or your money.

Assuming you have a ticket for a flight out of Don Muang the same day, just go back to Suvarnabhumi and take the free airport shuttle. If you don't have a ticket, and therefore no luggage, head to the transportation center at Suvarnabhmi (the free white shuttle from the main terminal will drop you there) and take a public bus like 555.

Or, if you are too proud to ride a public bus all the way, you can take the airport link to Pahonyothin and the BTS to Morchit. There, you can catch the A1 shuttle direct Don Muang. It takes the expressway and is relatively comfortable.

So the issue is simply getting back from Novotel to Suvarnabhumi. Once there, you have a large variety of inexpensive options.