Boys And Coach Will Come Out Today: Cave Rescue Leader

webfact

4 minutes ago, jouec said:

It looked like that on the video I saw

doubt that is this cave, water is too clean  and they are not carrying them, one diver in front and one behind. Imagine it is from another cave rescue for display purposes only

The sedation of the children comes as little surprise to me.

Their ordeal of having to go through flooded and tight passageways, underwater, in almost total darkness would scare the hell out of 99,9% of people whatever age they are.

A small dose of a " pre-med " kind of sedative administered by the Ozzy guy ( Doctor ) in the team, will go a long way in relaxing the kids.

Thats why he was called in by the UK dive team, 

This really had to be done in order that the kids can come out safely. If one child panics  there will be a domino effect, which could cause Oxygen supply issues and possible injury to the child, their friends in the line, the divers and every body else involved in the rescue attempt.

I know its not a nice thought, but common sense has to prevail here.

• Like 1

UPDATE at 5:15pm: The 11th boy has reached the cave entrance. He’s the smallest and is in good health. RT @SpringNews_TV: มีรายงานว่า หมูตัวที่ 11 ตัวเล็กที่สุดในทีม ยืนยันปลอดภัย เย้!! #ThamLuang #พาทีมหมูป่ากลับบ้าน #ถ้ำหลวง #Thailand #ThaiCaveRescue

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1016629149027348481

Edited by NCC1701A

1 minute ago, fantom said:

Time to remember they are 13 young people now thrust literally and metaphorically into the limelight. Time for understanding.

I was thinking this yesterday, soon they will ALL be in the hospital, its more likely than not it will be the first time they have slept in beds on their own with clean sheets! Huge changes in their lives.

1 hour ago, DanaDeLuxe said:

My guess would be that the tanks will be sold like devotionalia as having been used in THE rescue. Probably more than those used will get sold ... ?

To the leaving of the tanks inside: This is still an emergency OP. Peoples life should not be put to risk for mere material.

Elsewhere I suggested a statue of Saman Kunan should be made, and it should be cast in Aluminium from some of the air tanks used in the rescue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Not needed! Mr. Musk. In this country and in many others there are real human heroes. Thanks for the great effort to earn some fantastic PR anyway.

We have not agreed on everything in the past Get Real but sooo true Bug ger off Mr Musk go try your submarines else where  , unles he wants LoS to buy a few.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

I missed the last 40 minutes and now confused. 

Is the fully out now 11 or 13 (12+1)?

And anything reported yet about the doctor and all seals fully out?

Thanks. 

Unless I'm confused, 11 out of cave, 2 past the last swim in cave 3, getting ready to come out.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I would say they have already been blessed. There are some very unassuming heroes who have been involved here, from all around the world,without who, this episode was likely to have had a far less happy ending. Their expertise and bravery has been the real blessing. I suspect farang will be looked upon in a whole new light by many after this, especially around Chiang Rai. Good Luck Boys and well done the rescue team. Awesome effort!

I was nearer the caves than to Chiang Rai last night in the night bazzar and it has to be said ( yes it does ) wearing an 8 yo England shirt , Did I get bought a beer , I did not , pah no respek init .

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Would sedation allow them to walk?  Or is it short lived and after a short rest they recover?  Or just totally removes chance of anxiety attacks?

Bromazepam (Lexotan, Lexomil) removes anxiety while keeping you functional

There is no need for the kids to walk, there are dozens of brave divers an RTN Seals that will be only too happy to carry them out if the need arises.

A relaxant is short lived, but drastically reduces the risk of panic attacks.

Not a good thing to happen in their situation

27 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

the oldest boy will be very popular now with the girls.

Just what I was saying to a mate an hour ago ,  these are popular lads all round the world but at their school when they get back ............a few pics taken with them by class mates.