Recommend a restaurant in central bkk with views

davidst01

Serving what type of food? There are dozens of such restaurants with views around there, and many more as you go towards Asoke. So you need to narrow it down a bit.

If you like Indian then the Maya is good and has a good view.

You also don't mention which day of the week but if you can do a Sunday and referring to Indian food the Rembrandt Hotel has the Rang Mahal buffet on the 26th floor with I think superior views to the Maya.

Maya however has better food on a la carte during the week imho.

The Rang Mahal buffet on Sunday lunchtime is I think about 1000 Baht net per person.

Baiyoke Tower has a nice restaurant with a view of the city.  Night time is the best with all the lights.

If you want the river then there are also a few along there.

It all depends n exactly what you are looking for.

+1 for the Rang Mahal - one of the best Indian restaurants in Bangkok.

Babette's Steakhouse at the top of Hotel Muse on Lang Suan has great food and splendid views.

8 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Baiyoke Tower has a nice restaurant with a view of the city.  Night time is the best with all the lights.

If you want the river then there are also a few along there.

It all depends n exactly what you are looking for.

Agree, and yes Baiyoke might be a good choice. with a couple of well assorted buffet restaurants; one affordable (and a bit crowded), and another little more up-end. If you book in advance, you can be seated outdoor.

For a good daytime view of the city you can try the Continent Hotel near just down from the Asoke intersection on the 34 floor for buffet.....pizza is sort of good....I think the price range is 1200-1300 THB?  No need for reservation during the week, but for window table arrival near or at the high noon hour is a must....?

For dinner: Rib Room in the Landmark hotel, dress nice (aka very Smart Casual). Fraser hotel has a nice bar on the 11th floor off Sukhumvit soi 11 & soi 3. I would guess the Amari hotels have restaurants with views, too.  As others have suggested, Baiyoke Tower and you might check the Hyatt Erawan (not sure). At the Banyan Tree on Sathorn there is Vertigo on the roof (61st floor) and a Thai restaurant Saffron on the 52nd, but dress at both is 'Smart' Casual.