buying a car in Thailand as a foreigner

Mevst170

53 minutes ago, transam said:

Why do you keep going on and on about "you" having a PC problem, this is the motoring forum..

Have a chat with admin if you think "your" problem is their end...?

For your information I have several times with NO response. I did reply but after several tries and getting a blank screen it gets very tiresome  I don't see it's any of your business anyway unless or maybe as I suspect it's just to get yet another post on. Time to get some sort of life??? There is one out there you know.

Edited by fredob43

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

For your information I have several times with NO response. I did reply but after several tries and getting a blank screen it gets very tiresome  I don't see it's any of your business anyway unless it's as I suspect it's just to get yet another post on. Time to get some sort of life??? There is one out there you know.

I think Trans was being helpful.

Try pm ing the mods, they're generally quite good.

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

For your information I have several times with NO response. I did reply but after several tries and getting a blank screen it gets very tiresome  I don't see it's any of your business anyway unless it's as I suspect it's just to get yet another post on. Time to get some sort of life??? There is one out there you know.

You posted your off topic woes on this thread and others so expect a response chap..

As for your last two sentences, uncalled for...?

Just now, faraday said:

I think Trans was being helpful.

Try pm ing the mods, they're generally quite good.

I don't think so, this is several times he has replied to my problem post. Last time it was he doesn't have a problem. Might be a good idea to look at replies to the Mods and see that many others have similar problems. 

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I don't think so, this is several times he has replied to my problem post. Last time it was he doesn't have a problem. Might be a good idea to look at replies to the Mods and see that many others have similar problems. 

Then start your own topic until you get the answers to fix your problems...

15 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Stop moaning.

:laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Stop moaning.

:laugh:

Not moaning. Just trying to point out that TV has a problem. Have just been trying to start a new topic, and TV wont let me do same.

But if anyone is interested it has just been announced that F Alonso is retiring from F1 at the end of the season. That's according to Sky UK news several minutes ago.

Not moaning. Just trying to point out that TV has a problem. Have just been trying to start a new topic, and TV wont let me do same.

So why don't I have a problem using the cheapest connection...TELL ME....?

8 minutes ago, transam said:

So why don't I have a problem using the cheapest connection...TELL ME....?

Buddha only knows, Sorry to say I cant use your cheap Charley set up as I need at least 60M/B to run my free Tv channels on my TV. I also am situated next to a Uni and they nick all my power unless I have Fibre optic. So TOT 120 M/B it has to be. Count yourself lucky as I have to pay 800+ bt a month for it. Then again it is worth it for the thousands of Tv channels I get.

Edited by fredob43

Buddha only knows, Sorry to say I cant use your cheap Charley set up as I need at least 60M/B to run my free Tv channels on my TV. I also am situated next to a Uni and they nick all my power unless I have Fibre optic. So TOT 120 M/B it has to be. Count yourself lucky as I have to pay 800+ bt a month for it. Then again it is worth it for the thousands of Tv channels I get.

That's strange, my cheap charlie stuff does all that...Perhaps you should stop slagging off TVF and get your end sorted, eh...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I've still got Dial Up, & mines way faster than that.

Maybe you got de finger trouble, na?

• Confused 1

So im aware of the challenges Re heating etc... to two main things i need to work out are what is the paperwork process. RE:

1. Buy Car - Whats the best way to xfer that kind of money to Thailand to get it out as cash? ~ £5k
  2. Transfer ownership from Thai resident to me - What is the process for this RE paperwork etc
  3. Export  / de register the vehicle.

I know there are some cars with engines changed (will be checking for this), and that parts for certain cars are hard to get in Europe however i will be making other trips the Thailand and so this shouldn't be an issue.

Getting it into the UK is not my concern its how to get it out of Thailand and the process thats alien to me, thats why i was hoping you guys may have some insight into the thai system bureaucracy .

Cheers

Ade