UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

4 hours ago, bomber said:

add BMW,nissan,toyota,JL and the best part of 14000 Airbus jobs to the list and theres another 80k,never mind there will be plenty of work tattie picking in Lincolnshire

Spud bashing is what it was known as in Kent when I was a boy,horrible when it was wet and muddy.

Just now, BwindiBoy said:

And Remainers all voted for the same version of "Remain"?  They ALL want a federal Europe, with diminishing individual state powers, and a European army?  Why do you hate it so much that the UK people are confident enough to choose independence?

What are you on about? How does it make sense to talk about different versions of remain? Remain was the status quo.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

There would be many problems for Italy. Debt in Euro and having to pay back with a deeply discounted Lira. It would be a disaster for them on a scale far worse than the UK. 

good point,it would be even worse than i imagined,so it wont be happening anytime soon,bookies only give 2-1 on it happening,should be more like 102-1

Would it be naïve of me to think that after Brexit , if the  jolly French customs  man at the port or aiport has a bad day ( wine hangover )  - the Italian , German and Dutch papers will go to the top of his pile and the UK papers well ....will not . ?

4 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

I find this a VERY  baba bobo comment.'

For clarity, referendums in the UK are advisory only and that is why a super majority was not specified 

IF some kind of special referendum was called for, say abolition of the monarchy, then a super majority would be required; probably 67% of the electorate.

In future elections, I want some simple tests of sanity and cognition before being declared fit to vote. This has been a real eye opener to me. UK education must be abysmal.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

What a week! It's difficult to take it all in.

I think the 'Gove gang' are deluded to think that we can go back and negotiate a better deal.  There's no point wasting precious time.  Let's get the deal before Parliament asap.

For me, inevitably, this comes down to WTO deal or no Brexit.  I'd be happy with either but I doubt we have a good enough government to steer us through the former.

a better deal is not possible,how can the gove gang do better? total waste of time to even sit at the same table.it was always going to be damage limitation and that is how its turned out,thanks brexit boys and girls and how many of you wanted JC and his Labour morons,cos that is what you have delivered to the british people.

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Just out of interest was that more than the electorate that voted to remain?

Shudda, wudda, cudda.

It was advisory only FACT. Regardless of what anyone said. That is WHY a supermajority was not specified. It was not a mistake (unlike the whole idea which was undeniably a mistake to put it politely)

a better deal is not possible,how can the gove gang do better? total waste of time to even sit at the same table.it was always going to be damage limitation and that is how its turned out,thanks brexit boys and girls and how many of you wanted JC and his Labour morons,cos that is what you have delivered to the british people.

Brexit deal: take it or leave it, EU tells Britain
EU member states collectively rule out any redrafting of withdrawal agreement. There were also moves to toughen demands on the UK in the political declaration in terms of the trade-off between access to British waters for EU fishing fleets and UK firms’ ability to sell fish into the European market.

A section on the “level playing field” requirements of the UK is also likely to be strengthened, with calls for “dynamic alignment” with a host of Brussels regulations, to reassure EU member states that Britain will not enjoy a competitive advantage from a future deal,

So it's official the UK will not enjoy a better deal than they currently have, so it's "mays way" or no brexit unless you want to crash the economy completely. Even the most idiotic brexiters can see that fact, so I suspect Mays deal will get the support, and the brexiters will get BINO.

A crap deal for remainers, and an even crappier deal for brexiters.

Lucky they needed us more than we needed them, Prosecco, Mercedes and Brexit unicorns.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

For clarity, referendums in the UK are advisory only and that is why a super majority was not specified 

IF some kind of special referendum was called for, say abolition of the monarchy, then a super majority would be required; probably 67% of the electorate.

In future elections, I want some simple tests of sanity and cognition before being declared fit to vote. This has been a real eye opener to me. UK education must be abysmal.

a poll did state something like 67% of leave voters were lets say not very bright,what did it for them was OAPs,benefit scroungers and the wetherspoons british is best brigade.folks like this 

CmAI-6SUYAAIZEk.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

The people have had their vote, I think you are referring to the Losers Vote, hope this help you on this post and future posts.

Even the "government" refers to The People's Vote.

Personally, I am against any referendums. I wouldn't ask the population anything except what they are for breakfast.

Referendums are for the population to ratify (rubber stamp) decisions already taken by grown ups. [ it gives them a nice warm feeling like wetting their trousers]

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Nonsense. If the EU insists there has to be a hard border, let THEM organise it. Like that's going to happen. It's brinksmanship, like everything the EU has been doing throughout the negotiations. The we-are-not-worthy Europhile remainers lap it up though, every time.

EU controlling it's borders and UK not controlling it's borders. Is this what the famous 'Taking back control?' slogan was all about? 

4 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Nonsense. If the EU insists there has to be a hard border, let THEM organise it. Like that's going to happen. It's brinksmanship, like everything the EU has been doing throughout the negotiations. The we-are-not-worthy Europhile remainers lap it up though, every time.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It’s not nonsense. Ireland is not an EU issue. It’s an Irish issue that started well before Brexit. But the creation of the EU was a crucial pillar for reaching peace there, because it enabled free movement of goods and people. So, again, of course everyone voting for Brexit knew that he was voting for what you have now. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace

4 hours ago, vinny41 said:

It will be interesting try to sell Remain on a No rebate, No opt outs, Adopt the Euro, EU Army,  Accept anything that the EU says

The remain camp have shown their cards to the EU  

I suspect we can indeed have the status quo ante 

1 hour ago, BwindiBoy said:

And Remainers all voted for the same version of "Remain"?  They ALL want a federal Europe, with diminishing individual state powers, and a European army?  Why do you hate it so much that the UK people are confident enough to choose indepece?

You may not have noticed but we were already in the EU........  we ALl voted to stay. We knew exactly where we were.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1