I am almost ready to Pull the plug and leave

Ban Phe Dezza

6 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Hold on buttercup, thought you shopped at local markets? ( post #249 ), never seen anything shrink wrapped there....

Westerners have been mollycoddled into thinking that there's only one way of doing things correctly, take fruit and vegetables for example, westerners wont buy them if they have blemishes on them, each one has to be perfect...crazy. So with meat also, it must be stored in glass display cases at a constant x degrees for no  more than y days and then if not sold, destroyed......rubbish and nonsense.

Westerners have been mollycoddled into thinking that there's only one way of doing things correctly, take fruit and vegetables for example, westerners wont buy them if they have blemishes on them, each one has to be perfect...crazy. So with meat also, it must be stored in glass display cases at a constant x degrees for no  more than y days and then if not sold, destroyed......rubbish and nonsense.

Who mentioned a display case?

It certainly should be kept different than how it is at local markets out in the heat with flies etc landing on it or you think that’s ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 9/6/2018 at 12:57 PM, Gecko123 said:

I studied the non-housing costs for Bangkok and Chiang Mai closely and they appear to be highly accurate.

I will say I live in what is considered one of the most expensive States in the US & Numbeo numbers are very very inaccurate.

If they were true I would not afford living here.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:53 AM, BritManToo said:

I was there, didn't matter to me, my wife got almost everything in the divorce.

Wish I'd had less property and more in 'liquid assets'.

When ready to 'pull the plug and leave', liquidity is important.

Why did your MaejoMTB login get banned?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JaiLai said:

Hold on buttercup, thought you shopped at local markets? ( post #249 ), never seen anything shrink wrapped there....

Big C, Tesco, Makro,Topps all sell shrink wrapped pre packed meat produce in the chillers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JaiLai said:

Who mentioned a display case?

It certainly should be kept different than how it is at local markets out in the heat with flies etc landing on it or you think that’s ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think that's OK and so do 65 million Thai's.

Have you ever stopped to think how meat was sold in hot countries before refrigeration and glass display cases were invented!

15 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I think that's OK and so do 65 million Thai's.

Have you ever stopped to think how meat was sold in hot countries before refrigeration and glass display cases were invented!

Salt or kill and eat pronto....?

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Why the heck do most conversations have to turn into a "cross examination" as though someone is on trial ! People usually speak in general terms and are not usually concerned with "splitting hairs" or the minutia of every comment or phrase used.

This kind of attitude is tedious and can often derail topics and usually leads to "personal" attacks.

Chill out guys and dont be quite so critical of every single detail. ?

The forum would collapse if we didn't have "slightly" different  opinions..?

• Like 2

Right, back on topic.

I pulled the plug in 2016, moved back to London, it was a bit dull and cold, and I was mostly drunk for the next 2 years.

Not sure why I stayed there that long, missed the warm weather and my son, so moved back at the start of this year. 

(just my luck to miss the hottest UK summer ever).

Might pull the plug again when the kid is old enough for High school.

I'm OK wherever I am in the world, as long as there's plenty of beer around.

Thailand is cheaper.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

I can't leave.  Who would take care of my wife and the dog.  Wife is bright and educated but has a blind spot when it comes to Thai doctors.  You have to think about what they say and not just take it as gospel.  They were treating her for 40 years for colds and the flu when all she had was an allergy (confirmed by tests).  And my poor soi dog that I have raised from a little puppy.  She eats hi so food and is used to good health care (vet makes house calls).  She has two walks a day and her coat is in great shape from brushing.  She is a happy dog.  My wife is happy and healthy.  No one is going to take care of them like I do.  I make my wife latte or cappuccino with steamed almond milk every morning at 5:00 AM before work and cook her a healthy breakfast as I do the dog (not the coffee for the dog). 

• Like 1

On September 6, 2018 at 8:23 PM, inThailand said:

What is it with the almost weekly departure announcements? Do these guys make a Facebook announcement everytime they take a dump? 

looks like this guy is leaving thailand. has he left yet?

would appreciate any advice or further critizism you can offer.

Hi in other posts i have Discussed  retirement extension if on minimum funds' 
I still am border line on that issue however with rapid decline in the amount of pension,
I get in baht under 40,000 this month is even staying here worthwhile?
Going home to Australia is not a realistic option so perhaps Cambodia, Vietnam or the Philippines?
I wonder if any other Aussies or Brits face this issue and if  due to declining funds are or have considered leaving.
Not Back to your home country but researched alternative countries. due to my age I am reluctant to leave.
Unless I obtain an extension  in October I/O may make the the decision for me.
Please Note this post is about is it worthwhile staying:  not about how to get an extension
I hope mainly Brits, Aussies or others having declining amounts reply to this post
Perhaps a Vain Hope I guess

So how’s it going?

Where did you end up?
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mogandave said:

So how’s it going?

Where did you end up?

This my second attempt to respond first one lost in Cyber space

As I have about six weeks left on current Extension no real hurry.

I am planning to go back and stay with family  in Melbourne.

Just for a few months build up a small nest egg, see  a cardiologist.

then consider my options. Most likely next year Health permitting check out options in Asia.  $au still going down atm so biding my time.

• Like 1