Vernon Unsworth – who is the Thai cave rescue diver suing Elon Musk for calling him 'paedo guy'?

webfact

4 hours ago, z42 said:

Hero or not, the amounts of money that will likely be sought for a few hurt feelings (because nobody really believes he is a paedophile) are staggering.

Whatever he gets he should donate to charity. Man up you fool, you started it and now are milking it for far more than it's worth.

This is a pathetic side show that puts nobody in a positive light and only serves to make greedy lawyers and media sources mega money

Z42......you have git it so wrong

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

i just wonder how Vernon will look after this is finished

How is his reputation going to look after details of him with bar girls, street walkers, etc come out at the courts?

In the land of brown envelopes, Elon can soon dig up and smear his name, even if not true

Not going to make thailand look good either 

• Like 2

Just now, PREM-R said:

Vernon Unsworth was not very polite in telling Musk to "stick his submarine...." but remember this was many days into the rescue attempt, maybe Unsworth had not had much sleep for several days and was 'irritable'. However, when Musk first made his libelous accusation, Unsworth chose to ignore it, it was only when Musk repeated the accusation that legal action was even mentioned.  If Musk had just kept quiet and not repeated his paedophile accusations this would,  probably, now have all been consigned to history.

His a old nutter. He won't see 1 pound

I feel there is more to the story that invoked the initial reaction from Unsworth regarding the submarine.  I do not see that Unsworth’s commet was defammatory to Musk otherwise one would think there would be a counter claim.

The comment from Musk was uncalled for and he went on further to make reference to living in Pattaya being linked to pedophillia and other deviancies.  I not only see this as a slight directly to Unsworth but also to all foreigners who live or visit Thailand being tarred with the same brush so to speak.

I wish Unsworth every success in his case against Musk, not only for him but for all those who live and visit Thailand under lawful circumstances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canopy said:

This submarine had nothing to do with Spacex and was made by an unrelated company so you'll have to make up another stupid story. Elon was asked for help by the cave experts in Thailand and he delivered in spades. Everyone seems to ignore there in fact were many others besides vern and elon that rushed to the assistance of these kids and did all they could. For instance, there were people trying to bore holes down the mountain to the kids great distances. Others rappelling down enormous chasms trying to find a way in. And so on. There is no reason to trash any of these people. They all shared a common goal and concern of helping the trapped kids get out. And there you are--you did  nothing. Just a useless person at the keyboard bashing people.

What Vern did to Elon was a shameful, despicable, and bewildering act he should be ashamed of and apologize for.

1272246160_cavesubflexible.jpeg.6112925d2d5cdb8c40d89ac8a154370b.jpeg

And what Musk did to Vern was nothing?

No hiding that it is the king of all slurs on someone’s character.

Elon did the wrong thing, reacted like a child........Vern will be the Pedoguy for the rest of his life........even if he buys a big house, that house will be where the “ pedoguy “ lives.

Elon was out of order on this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Topah said:

Just common greed. This guy wants the money. If he has balls to rescue those children, he can take one nasty word. He made Elon mad saying something first if I remember right and Elon really tried to help in my opinion and got angry.  

Not sure it's just greed. I wouldn't want someone calling me a paedo and splashing it over the world's press. Elon needs to understand just because he is rich he can not treat people like this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

We know who he is, how old he is, that he seems settled in Thailand with a beautiful Thai woman - like me - and that he learnt his caving in the Yorkshire Dales caves - like me - but who knows how this spat with Musk started? Two guys, both with very crucial but very different agendas; one to help save lives and the other, to help make a bit of useful publicity for his Spacex project . . . there's bound to be tension - resentment, even - if the agendas look like threatening each other. Just a pity that Elon, despite his entrepreneurial maturity, showed such a childish mentality when Vern didn't want to play with his toy.

Or maybe there's another reason for the outrageous name-calling, another reason that's still under wraps.

It was no toy and Musk did not need any more publicity than he already has. His mini sub would have worked better, but there was a time problem. Unsworth was bathing in the limelight and didn't like being upstaged by a celebrity. His foul mouth remarks were disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, z42 said:

Hero or not, the amounts of money that will likely be sought for a few hurt feelings (because nobody really believes he is a paedophile) are staggering.

Whatever he gets he should donate to charity. Man up you fool, you started it and now are milking it for far more than it's worth.

This is a pathetic side show that puts nobody in a positive light and only serves to make greedy lawyers and media sources mega money

just a reply to each of your sentances.

1. people online who know absolutely nothing about V.U now questioning his past, if he has skeketons in a closet.etc 

even saying Musk and his money have found some secrets.

what rubbish..but mud sticks, this is beyond hurt feelings.

so many (like YOU!) cannot think how youd feel if someone publicly outed you as a peado?

2.He is not a fool and "starting it"?? a light hearted jab af Musks stupid impractical idea deserves being called despicable things?

Musk is the fool. who has money needs to act like this other than have a huge uncontrollable ego?

3. I dont care if lawyers and media make a fortune as long as Musk gets shafted where it hurts..in the wallet.

But i suppose you dont mind someone re-inforcing the idea that every western male only come to Thailand to have sex with young children?

Shame on you, you are on the wrong team unless you like everyone back home ASSuming you are a paedo also!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gamini said:

It was no toy and Musk did not need any more publicity than he already has. His mini sub would have worked better, but there was a time problem. Unsworth was bathing in the limelight and didn't like being upstaged by a celebrity. His foul mouth remarks were disgusting.

I think reading comics maybe a better pastime for you...?

• Like 2

musk has some mental issues not sure if he could admit to that and use it in his defence somehow.

with regards vern, he did bring the right guys to the cave and deserves praise, should have slated muskies sub a little more subtle but didn't deserve the response he got, especially the second time.

so he'll get an elite visa which will be handy for him but as he is no doubt on retirement visa all that really gives him is a few less hours each year doing his extension.

63 years old. couple of million USD from a guy as rich and obnoxious as musk, i'd bloody sue him too and enjoy the rest of my days basically. won't get the chance again

• Like 2

Vern better be squeeky clean. The lawyers for Elon are surely digging up what they can as we speak.
Vern didn't even enter the cave system, he just advised with experience.

Thanks for the help but hardly heroic

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

What?????  DYOR  he was approached by the guy managing the rescue

You're making up your own Tham Luang rescue story, BobBKK. The last five to be rescued were already on their way out when Musk showed up . . . hardly the time for your mythical 'managing guy' to be asking for a mini-sub. One of the chief problems of the entire rescue mission was that there was no 'guy managing the rescue'. Are you suggesting it was the clown, Narongsak, the Aussie doctor, or maybe Prayuth, himself, since he was nicely getting involved in the afterglow? The English cavers had already got to hell outta there . . . it was getting so chaotic.

Come clean, BobBKK . . . what is your true Musk connection?

Edited by Ossy
omisson

2 hours ago, Thian said:

These 2 give all of us westerners a bad name in Thailand....why do they have to act like brats?

I fail to see how 2 people having an online spat reflects on your own character. Suggest you modify your behvior and toughen up princess, otherwise  Thailand may not be the place for you