Police out in force ticketing anything and everything..

richard_smith237

On 9/21/2018 at 9:31 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Police road check ahead, officer directs me to the side of the road, you speeding, no, I am using speed control which was set at 75km in an 80km hour speed zone, oh ok then, you then travelling in the wrong lane, right lane for overtaking, you should be in the left lane, couldn't argue with this cop as I knew it was all about the money. He asked me for 400 baht, I said, I will pay in the tent, he said you can pay me, I said no, I will pay in the tent and got out of the car, being about a metre taller and about 40kg heavier than him, he didn't argue.

The guy at the tent smiled at me and said where you from, I said Timbuktoo, near Ulladulla, he just smiled while I gave him my license and issued me with the ticket, 400 baht please, so little I said to him as I pulled out 20k baht from my right pocket, the officer outside wanted me to pay him, but I said no, with a smile, maybe he want to put it in his pocket with the cop issuing me with the ticket all of a sudden having a serious look on his face.

Chicken feed really, not going to get upset over it, corruption is rip in Thailand and you have to throw your principals out the window for such a small amount, I do believe in KARMA, who knows maybe someone will mow this guy over one day ? 

This just so pisses me off about this place.  They are  a fxxxing disgrace.   Low life pieces of sxxxt. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Michael Stribling said:

This is possibly the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of in the Kingdom. Insisting on entering a roadside police tent with no witnesses and willingly pulling out 20k, in front of the police. 

I’m sure Somchai and crew are still staring at each other wondering if that was real. 

You may not know this but you likely avoided suicide given the loss of face and money involved. 

I have nothing but contempt for the Thai Police Force, they are a disgrace to the profession of policing.  If the PM does anything,  he needs to sort out these leaches on society . 

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

This just so pisses me off about this place.  They are  a fxxxing disgrace.   Low life pieces of sxxxt. 

Deep breath, inhale......now exhale.....and just think, would you want to be living back home.......not me for a minute.

Try and look at things from a different angle, life is too short, it is what it is, and it ain't gonna change before we cark it, so just try and enjoy the good parts of this place while backstroking.... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Judging by the likes you have, your a newbie to TVF and possibly the Kingdom, cops, people don't scare me, did they attempt to do what you said is possible, no, thanks for nothing, enjoy the Kingdom, oh and most soi dogs have tails between their legs, just in case your wondering.

Judging by your nonsense I was going to assume that you’re drunk but seeing how it’s well past noon that assumption closes the gap towards reality. 

And in case you’re wondering. Nobody believes a word that you are writing. Nobody. 

• Like 1

Please have some compassion for the poor BiB...it's alomost the end of the month and they need to make their tea money where ever they can !...welcome to LOS v.4.0....and don't forget to have dash cams all over the car to get footage of the corrupt ones,...it can scare the BiB off when they see cams all inside a vehicle.

34 minutes ago, Michael Stribling said:

Judging by your nonsense I was going to assume that you’re drunk but seeing how it’s well past noon that assumption closes the gap towards reality. 

And in case you’re wondering. Nobody believes a word that you are writing. Nobody. 

Too clever to stoop to that level. only drink in the evenings, twice a week, so your assumption is way out.

Nobody, wow, was wondering why I have about 5,000 more likes than you do, yes its the reality.

Welcome aboard old chap, keep trying, you might just end up getting there, wherever that maybe, although to try to keep to the topic when you reply to someone's post and you might just survive.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Too clever to stoop to that level. only drink in the evenings, twice a week, so your assumption is way out.

Nobody, wow, was wondering why I have about 5,000 more likes than you do, yes its the reality.

Welcome aboard old chap, keep trying, you might just end up getting there, wherever that maybe, although to try to keep to the topic when you reply to someone's post and you might just survive.

Not sure what “likes” you’re writing about, but it seems almost as important as you making everyone believe that you actually intimidate the police and that you would actually welcome an altercation with them and then suggest that they use a gun on you. You are just making stuff up for attention. You’re unable to form a thought without alluding to how long you have been in Thailand and how long you have been on Thaivisa, both are which benchmarks set for the dim and unwashed. 

Go impress yourself with stories of intimidating the police and shutting them up with 400 baht. You know exactly what everyone thinks of that story. Your just hurt that I’m not impressed. 

“Survive” is a curious word to use. Hmmmmm. Please say more. 

9 hours ago, Michael Stribling said:

Not sure what “likes” you’re writing about, but it seems almost as important as you making everyone believe that you actually intimidate the police and that you would actually welcome an altercation with them and then suggest that they use a gun on you. You are just making stuff up for attention. You’re unable to form a thought without alluding to how long you have been in Thailand and how long you have been on Thaivisa, both are which benchmarks set for the dim and unwashed. 

Go impress yourself with stories of intimidating the police and shutting them up with 400 baht. You know exactly what everyone thinks of that story. Your just hurt that I’m not impressed. 

“Survive” is a curious word to use. Hmmmmm. Please say more. 

Little boy blew all over his shoe.....

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I have nothing but contempt for the Thai Police Force, they are a disgrace to the profession of policing.  If the PM does anything,  he needs to sort out these leaches on society . 

Why would he sort it out.

If it isn't broken don't try to fix it.

And his opinion is it's not broken. 

And its already saying that he will be the top dog again come election day. 

• Sad 1

On 9/21/2018 at 10:30 AM, watcharacters said:

I have yet to get a ticket in thailand,  (said as I knock on wood)  but I gather having a ticket is a get out of jail free card for a certain unknown period of time.

Its ironic that you say that. 

I was thinking of mentioning the same thing. 

9 years working and living here.

Never asked for a license check. 

Never pulled up.

Never had a passport Visa check.

I'm living in never never land.

59 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Its ironic that you say that. 

I was thinking of mentioning the same thing. 

9 years working and living here.

Never asked for a license check. 

Never pulled up.

Never had a passport Visa check.

I'm living in never never land.

been here 18  months now, been stopped 5 times at road blocks.  No issues, just a licence check and one passport check.  There is a regular road block not 500m from my house, three times every week, but mainly stop trucks and motorbikes.  I just avoid it on the back streets.  

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

been here 18  months now, been stopped 5 times at road blocks.  No issues, just a licence check and one passport check.  There is a regular road block not 500m from my house, three times every week, but mainly stop trucks and motorbikes.  I just avoid it on the back streets.  

When I say never pulled up,  I mean flagged down. 

I've obviously had the barrier in the middle of the road delays.

Driving to Buriram yesterday had 8.

One actually checked the car tax sticker. 

And they had heaps of thai people held on the side of the road Sa Kheo. 

They are obviously doing the new instruction pretty seriously. 

But most of the time I have no idea what they are looking for?

Heaps of overloaded and heaps of helmetless riders. 

Numerous unroadworthy vehicles, so I guess it's just what ever the boss says to book, on that particular day. 

I put it down to having a Thai in the car with me.

Like said, not even show the license request. 

Guess I've been lucky...

Edited by dallen52

On 9/21/2018 at 9:31 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Police road check ahead, officer directs me to the side of the road, you speeding, no, I am using speed control which was set at 75km in an 80km hour speed zone, oh ok then, you then travelling in the wrong lane, right lane for overtaking, you should be in the left lane, couldn't argue with this cop as I knew it was all about the money. He asked me for 400 baht, I said, I will pay in the tent, he said you can pay me, I said no, I will pay in the tent and got out of the car, being about a metre taller and about 40kg heavier than him, he didn't argue.

The guy at the tent smiled at me and said where you from, I said Timbuktoo, near Ulladulla, he just smiled while I gave him my license and issued me with the ticket, 400 baht please, so little I said to him as I pulled out 20k baht from my right pocket, the officer outside wanted me to pay him, but I said no, with a smile, maybe he want to put it in his pocket with the cop issuing me with the ticket all of a sudden having a serious look on his face.

Chicken feed really, not going to get upset over it, corruption is rip in Thailand and you have to throw your principals out the window for such a small amount, I do believe in KARMA, who knows maybe someone will mow this guy over one day ? 

I think knowing what we all know living here, you were lucky not to win the jackpot flashing 20,000.

BIB says,

You lucky, today you only pay 20,000 baht..

Pay now no receipts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, dallen52 said:

When I say never pulled up,  I mean flagged down. 

I've obviously had the barrier in the middle of the road delays.

Driving to Buriram yesterday had 8.

One actually checked the car tax sticker. 

And they had heaps of thai people held on the side of the road Sa Kheo. 

They are obviously doing the new instruction pretty seriously. 

But most of the time I have no idea what they are looking for?

Heaps of overloaded and heaps of helmetless riders. 

Numerous unroadworthy vehicles, so I guess it's just what ever the boss says to book, on that particular day. 

I put it down to having a Thai in the car with me.

Like said, not even show the license request. 

Guess I've been lucky...

I don't think it has anything to do with having a Thai in the car with you... It has more to do with their [The BiB] lack of interest in you... As you mention, on that specific day they [The BiB] are looking for whatever 'the boss' decides is flavor for that day... something else such as vehicles out of registration, motorcyclists without helmets, DUI checks, License checks on delivery drivers etc... 

If you are fully licensed and not breaking any laws there is little you have to worry about and the BiB have no interest.. Well, except accuse you of using your phone, as it would appear the industrious minds of the BiB patrolling Asoke junction have been doing !

But this is where it can become a little worrying... In Thailand I have always felt safe from the Police as there are never (rarely ever) any reports of really unscrupulous behavior (such as planting drugs in your car etc)... But, accusing you of something you are not doing (using the phone) is the thin end of that wedge IMO and a potential concern... especially if you are of a paranoid disposition. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1