Arr! Anti-Junta Party Barred From Meeting Because Pirate

webfact

Arr! Anti-Junta Party Barred From Meeting Because Pirate

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

SombatPirate-696x487.jpg

Sombat Boonngamanong and his team at Friday event.

BANGKOK — Officials on Friday kicked out a group of pro-democracy politicians and election hopefuls from a elections conference, citing their inappropriate outfits.

Sombat Boonngamanong and his team, who showed up wearing in pirate hats and repairman costumes, had to spend the rest of the meeting outside the ballroom where 84 registered parties and 59 political groups were briefed on voting process by the Election Commission. Sombat protested his expulsion.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/09/28/arr-anti-junta-party-barred-from-meeting-because-pirate/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-09-28

Explaining his choice of costumes, Sombat said his team want to “repair” the country after four years of military rule. The commission said today’s event was suits or dress shirts.

He added, “From now on, when I meet the EC, I may dress up in a tuxedo.” [unquote]

I had a friend who was going to best man at his friend's wedding.

The bride's mother was very concerned about his reckless nature. She kept on at him to agree to wear a suit at the wedding. He eventually agreed.

He turned up on the day wearing a white boiler suit.

Is a

13 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

I also would have taken a meeting held by the Election Commission as for what it is: nothing but another costume party. Maybe they were not aware of the fine print on the invitation- Dress Code: strictly Uniform, for higher ranks periodic costumes permitted.

5abdcef32d3e0_the2Psintradcostume.jpg.7c

T

Taod.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, baboon said:

Po-faced tossers. But it's OK for them to show up bejewelled with ribbons and decorations for doing sod all. What is that if not fancy dress?

No no no, all those decorations were genuinely earned: 1 for a 1 km forced route match around the members bar, one for doing it with in-grown toenail, another for actually finishing the match, and don't forget the wings, the wings awarded for jumping on the bed without falling off. 

So all well awarded and should be worn with pride. 

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Thai politics needs a bit of levity,they are all too serious.

they must be the Thai version of The Monster raving loony party

regards worgeordie

At least the guy showed leadership skills the others sorely lack, even if he was a pirate, he'd fit in nicely with  the current crowd, Worgeordie.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lupatria said:

I also would have taken a meeting held by the Election Commission as for what it is: nothing but another costume party. Maybe they were not aware of the fine print on the invitation- Dress Code: strictly Uniform, for higher ranks periodic costumes permitted.

5abdcef32d3e0_the2Psintradcostume.jpg.7c

Appropriate that the DPM turns up in "Froggy" green.

• Haha 1