Where have they gone - from Asoke

t8769

On 10/13/2018 at 7:14 AM, blackhorse said:

I love it when it rains and those disgusting pigs can no longer spread themselves out on the 7/11 steps next to the sofitel. 

7/11 has done everything possible to get those dogs to move including putting pot plants on all ledges where they used to sit but they are like cockroaches

I was a big fan of a thai bar in the now demolished lane between soi 5 and 7 and they had a big sign up " the black man not welcome here" they would take up 5 bar stools and bring their own water or nurse a Chang for 3 hours whilst bothering farang to try and get drug money

I knew that bar too! I drank there often.

21 minutes ago, The manic said:

I knew that bar too! I drank there often.

So you were the one taking up 5 bar stools like a cockroach??? Shame on you 555555!!!! Kidding aside, man, what an intrusion they became. Bloody pests to put it mildly....

On 10/9/2018 at 9:24 AM, t8769 said:

I do not wish to impugn the good intent of any female who happens to loiter around the shadows of Sukhumvit looking at passing men with seductive looks, whether they happen to originate.

I naturally assumed that these friendly females were part of a charity involved in providing assistance to weary travellers, and any money given was a donation for their cause.

One must applaud the sacrifice of these brave and noble individuals, and support their charitable endeavours with both cash and private time.

Not to do so would be rude.

I've always thought of them as "Condom" sellers with a free trial thrown in??

10 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

So you were the one taking up 5 bar stools like a cockroach??? Shame on you 555555!!!! Kidding aside, man, what an intrusion they became. Bloody pests to put it mildly....

The sign worked! I photographed it and sent it to my pals as a sign of Thai freedom unshackled by silly PC rubbish. Have the owners set up a new bar elsewhere?

On 10/12/2018 at 1:23 AM, possum1931 said:

Nothing to do with PC. It is common sense, there are women who may be alone, perhaps waiting for someone, and being approached by a male stranger could be alarming for them. This is nothing to do with whatever country you are in, like I said, it is just common sense.

Also, some guys may just assume that because they see a girl alone in a red light area, they are soliciting, that may not be the case at all, if she smiles at you, then that is different.

No. its PC nonsense. Dont need this preachy nonsense in Bangkok.  The hyper feminist insecurity,  man hating attitude hasnt infected Thailand and feminist men, being offended on their behalf are a joke by presuming women are  easily 'alarmed'.  You are merely importing western cultural values, many off which have been discredited by modern young women.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, The manic said:

The sign worked! I photographed it and sent it to my pals as a sign of Thai freedom unshackled by silly PC rubbish. Have the owners set up a new bar elsewhere?

Agreed. Not sure about a new bar anywhere yet. There are couple of sports bars on soi 11 that I tend to have a beer or two at these days.

3 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

Agreed. Not sure about a new bar anywhere yet. There are couple of sports bars on soi 11 that I tend to have a beer or two at these days.

I never go to sports bars. Dont go to UK pubs with TVs. Much easier now as more and more pubs have ripped out the TVs. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2018 at 12:59 AM, goldenbrwn1 said:

The Africans up to no good in Bangkok stand out totally different from the tourist of African decent.  For one they wouldn’t walk up to a stranger saying ‘ hey honey’ or ‘ wats up’.  Dress sense is another obvious give away, let alone the non loitering of tourists.

Very true!

It was a pleasure to be able to walk around there last night without them bothering me.

i once sat in Margarita storm and watched them set up a guy by signaling to the police that they had sold him something. The police followed his taxi, presumably to stop him somewhere down the road. 

+The beginning of the end for Nigerian dealers, black whores and lady boys infesting those sois was the junta shutting down the street bars. Now you can see almost nothing African especially around soi 13 and its possible that with the 5  star Hyatt Regency opening in a few weeks there was a unprecedented crack down on 13

Thai ladies standing in front of the sofitel next to soi 13 are free to sell their cats though..all good

Lets create some demons. Everyone needs someone to hate right? Blacks up to no good and PC brigade telling us what to do. And all the while there was me thinking that as a white guy I'm innocent and that for example prostitution isn't illegal in Thailand. 

Truth is that we all come to Thailand with hopes and dreams and a set of specific desires. Best not to judge. Be strong snowflakes and let the Thai authorities take care of it. No need to mount your charger and ride into some ideological battle that's of your own making. Damn PC brigade and feminists telling us what to do. Not like it was in my day.,