Illegal foreigners and over stayers rounded up in Pattaya sweep

webfact

16 hours ago, sanemax said:

They were quite successful in that , seemed to have stamped them out completely

YOu have to go no further than the nearest Condo with tour buses parked outside and observe that the Chinese are in lockstep with the tour companies.  Every morning they are off to a communal breakfast and then off for a day at the shopping centers that the companies want them to go to.  They have very little free time to act as tourists and their shopping with the street vendors and normal shopping centers is very difficult.   Of course, a normal person has no ability to verify that they are zero dollar tourists since the Chinese proprietors probably pay their tea money.

Most of the profit from Chinese tourism probably goes to Chinese firms.  Of course, immigration probably has no interest in trying to prove this.  I did see that the one big prosecution for Zero-dollar tourism fell through the cracks and all of the seized buses were returned.

Please do not get mad, it is just my opinion!????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, balo said:

I think you should read the latest news about immigration and Big Joke before you comment.  

Yes I am over 50 and the requirements are 800k in the bank or 65k monthly if you are not married to a Thai . 

My income is around 55 to 60k per month which means I do not qualify. 

That's retriedment visa 

No tourists visa 

1 minute ago, Henrik Andersen said:

That's retriedment visa

Of course I have lived in Thailand for 7 years. The moment I turned 50 , I applied for a visa based on retirement as most people do who want to stay long term .  You get 1 year and can come and go as you want with a re-entry stamp. It saves me a lot of hassle , don't have to leave Thailand if it's not necessary. 

1 hour ago, balo said:

Of course I have lived in Thailand for 7 years. The moment I turned 50 , I applied for a visa based on retirement as most people do who want to stay long term .  You get 1 year and can come and go as you want with a re-entry stamp. It saves me a lot of hassle , don't have to leave Thailand if it's not necessary. 

Yes but as I said earlier people on pension can't stay all year away from home country against the law 

so again why not just stay on a tourist visa??? 

I know meny old farang stay in Thailand to long time and bend the rules from their own country 

But not my problem and i personally hope you find out the way to live your life as you want it 

P. S. You said you had 55 k pr months can your gf not working so your monthly income is 65k just asking or set up a little business?? 

29 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Yes but as I said earlier people on pension can't stay all year away from home country against the law 

so again why not just stay on a tourist visa??? 

I know meny old farang stay in Thailand to long time and bend the rules from their own country 

But not my problem and i personally hope you find out the way to live your life as you want it 

P. S. You said you had 55 k pr months can your gf not working so your monthly income is 65k just asking or set up a little business?? 

Wrong again I'm afraid Mr Anderson, I have been living here for 7 years, been to the UK twice, once to bury my mother & the second time to show my long time girlfriend what the real world is like, I have just started to receive my state pension into my Kasikorn bank, the UK don't care if I never come back, so get your facts right please.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Wrong again I'm afraid Mr Anderson, I have been living here for 7 years, been to the UK twice, once to bury my mother & the second time to show my long time girlfriend what the real world is like, I have just started to receive my state pension into my Kasikorn bank, the UK don't care if I never come back, so get your facts right please.

My facts is right 

I not said all countries but most of Europen countries have rules about how long pensonist can be outside of Europe meaby your country don't have rules about it because you soon not a part of Europen union 

how I know but my facts is right 

Denmark is very strict about it they actually checked people when they returned home from Thailand meny got caught ink.  My Danish friend 

My country have same rules because part of Europe meaby some countries don't care about it because the country don't benefit from this people anymore 

But again my facts is right 

P. S. Condolences to you about your mom... 

I  agree that different countries have different rules, but I have moved out of Norway and there is no requirements for me to go back within 180 days, my address is here in Thailand., not Norway. 

I do not benefit from any welfare system in Norway until I choose to move back. 

4 hours ago, balo said:

Turning 50 was my best birthday ever...

• Like 2

On 10/12/2018 at 11:41 AM, sanemax said:

The Thai authorities have tried to stop the Chinese zero Baht tourists , you post doesnt make any sense

Yes, like the clean up that netted just 9 "illegal foreigners and people who had overstayed their visas". :cheesy:

Not trying, I am sure that they could have found at least 900 if they really tried...

11 hours ago, Basil B said:

Yes, like the clean up that netted just 9 "illegal foreigners and people who had overstayed their visas". :cheesy:

Not trying, I am sure that they could have found at least 900 if they really tried...

Would 500 be enough for make you happy ? :cool:

11 hours ago, Basil B said:

We were going a bit off-topic and I was talking about the clamping down on the zero Baht tours , which they have done , with 2800 Chinese tour buses convisgated , hotels closed down , and people jailed

I think you should read the latest news about immigration and Big Joke before you comment.  

Yes I am over 50 and the requirements are 800k in the bank or 65k monthly if you are not married to a Thai . 

My income is around 55 to 60k per month which means I do not qualify. 

You don’t qualify. I know it is possible to live on small money but what else can be said? You are not qualified to stay in Thailand if you cannot follow the rules, why should you get a pass? I cannot for the life of me understand how somebody can live in Thailand and cannot “afford” to keep a small amount of money such as 800k Baht in a Thai bank.

It is not even enough for a medical emergency/surgery and a flight back. I feel for you as honestly I think the world should be free of borders but perhaps it is time you consider returning to your country? Thailand is a very very very bad place to be broke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

It is not even enough for a medical emergency/surgery and a flight back. I feel for you as honestly I think the world should be free of borders but perhaps it is time you consider returning to your country? Thailand is a very very very bad place to be broke

You must be joking right ?  Or you don't know much about economy. 

You can live a good life on 60k per month in Thailand, or less. Maybe you have many responsibilities and have to pay money to your extended Thai family but I do not have that problem! 

I am insured in Thailand with BUPA , and I live a healthy lifestyle but if anything happens I am insured. 

I have invested money several millions baht in condos here that i have sold , but my money is now outside of Thailand and I do not intend to keep 800k in a Thai bank . 

If I have to leave and go back to Norway I can do that anytime.  But I intend to fight to stay here as long as possible , and will use visa agents as in the past . 

So you have plenty of money . I have had a few million in Thai banks for many years, with no problems whatsoever. No dependents to worry about.

So what is your actual complaint then as you are actually qualified to stay in Thailand? And why would you criticize Those forces of Thai authority that ONLY want to drive out overstayers, criminals, and miscreants?

Thai Banks are perfectly safe and pay more interest than my country (USA).

17 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

And why would you criticize Those forces of Thai authority that ONLY want to drive out overstayers, criminals, and miscreants?

I don't criticize them , overstayers and criminals don't belong here, But there are a lot of decent , honest foreigners who are on a lower income , let's say 50 or 60k per month who can't afford 800k in the bank .  

All of them use visa agents and we are talking about 100k foreigners for sure, they are not bad people , just not as rich as you. 

When you think about all the foreign teachers who live and work here on 40k per month , you should not criticize us on a lower income. 

Everyone has a budget and when I say I am doing fine on 50k per month in Thailand I mean it. Back in my home country I would be broke the first week with that kind of salary . 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1