Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Legal age consent Thailand

Kenny202

50 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

And that penal code makes no mention of parental consents, see Paul Cattons post at #56.

This is the post that you are referring too and and it states  "

Section 283 bis Whoever, takes away the person over fifteen years but not yet over eighteen years of age for indecent act with consent of such person, shall be punished with imprisonment of not exceeding five years or fined not exceeding ten thousand Baht, or both.

If the offences according to the first and third paragraph are specially occurred in the case of committing to the person exceeding the fifteen years of age, they are compoundable offences.

The first paragraph states that its an offence , but last paragraph states its a "compoundable offence". which means you can come to an agreement with the 15-18year olds legal guardian, the Parents .
   (Notice that the first paragraph states "With consent" (I shall highlight it in red )

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

This is the post that you are referring too and and it states  "

Section 283 bis Whoever, takes away the person over fifteen years but not yet over eighteen years of age for indecent act with consent of such person, shall be punished with imprisonment of not exceeding five years or fined not exceeding ten thousand Baht, or both.

If the offences according to the first and third paragraph are specially occurred in the case of committing to the person exceeding the fifteen years of age, they are compoundable offences.

The first paragraph states that its an offence , but last paragraph states its a "compoundable offence". which means you can come to an agreement with the 15-18year olds legal guardian, the Parents .
   (Notice that the first paragraph states "With consent" (I shall highlight it in red )

The consent you highlighted is the consent to the 15 - 18 year old, not the consent of the parents.

The compounding of the offence is something that occurs after the act, not before.

The consent that the OP's friend is fighting, is about dowry and or relationship with their daughter.

Yes that is an old "law"

If the girl still is school going, then the dowry can be very high (or the price for the relationship...)

If the man / boyfriend does more then just hold hands... then "you used the goods, so pay them"

10 minutes ago, Ratt Thai said:

The consent that the OP's friend is fighting, is about dowry and or relationship with their daughter.

Yes that is an old "law"

If the girl still is school going, then the dowry can be very high (or the price for the relationship...)

If the man / boyfriend does more then just hold hands... then "you used the goods, so pay them"

It's not a law at all. The law is clear and explained in this thread.

If someone offers to sell their daughter to you, you should call the police - the main anti people trafficking police, in Bangkok

They will soon put an end to whatever chicanery they're up to.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems some guys have no idea what a pedophile is. Pedophiles are interested in pre-teen and prepubescent children, they wouldn't be interested in 16 year old girls.

On the other hand guys who like 16 year old girls are normally not pedophiles. They just like young (often 16+) girls. And many girls at that age have (legal) sex.

Many guys like girls in bars who don't work there since years and who are not long time professionals. And that is obviously more likely with "young" girls. Some are 19, some 18, and some even younger. And in my experience they all know what they are doing and they do it willingly.

I like younger women (think 20-22) because they have had less time to accumulate nasty diseases.

Who wants to risk HIV or hepatitis et al?

On 11/7/2018 at 10:37 PM, ukrules said:

It's not a law at all. The law is clear and explained in this thread.

If someone offers to sell their daughter to you, you should call the police - the main anti people trafficking police, in Bangkok

They will soon put an end to whatever chicanery they're up to.

That is why i put "law" and not law....
Lets call it traditional / cultural law then...

Where as all the elderly and the village oldest ( counsil ? ) decide what the man has to pay because he "did take the virginity from the daughter" 

I have seen this in action in the NE of Thailand where a Thai boy , 19y, had a 19y Thai girl skipping UNI and sleep with him....

The counsil of elderly made him pay 100.000 dowry and the girl could not return home but had to stay with him....

( opening the package means paying for the content... ? )

12 minutes ago, Ratt Thai said:

That is why i put "law" and not law....
Lets call it traditional / cultural law then...

Where as all the elderly and the village oldest ( counsil ? ) decide what the man has to pay because he "did take the virginity from the daughter" 

I have seen this in action in the NE of Thailand where a Thai boy , 19y, had a 19y Thai girl skipping UNI and sleep with him....

The counsil of elderly made him pay 100.000 dowry and the girl could not return home but had to stay with him....

( opening the package means paying for the content... ? )

Interesting.

Do you know, or what would you guess, would happen if the guy would insist he did not break a law and he won't pay. What will happen then?

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Interesting.

Do you know, or what would you guess, would happen if the guy would insist he did not break a law and he won't pay. What will happen then?

worst case scenario?; he gets lynched... ( most honorably thing ) stabbed in the back by some unknown person,... ( possible ), or attacked by a gang off youngsters defending the honnor of "their" sister in village... (likely )

In real life ?; banned from the community and maybe harassed by someone who know's someone in an official position as could be many things...

Don't expect a "mai pen rai"  never mind outcome...

• Like 1

Down in north Phuket my dysfunctional Thai family had to have a whip-round to cough up 30,000 baht after one of the family teenagers (a 15 year old lad) got another 15 year old girl in the village pregnant.

I did not contribute to the payment...

Anyway, they all got their money back the following year when their own 15 year old family member got pregnant by a boy in the village...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ratt Thai said:

worst case scenario?; he gets lynched... ( most honorably thing ) stabbed in the back by some unknown person,... ( possible ), or attacked by a gang off youngsters defending the honnor of "their" sister in village... (likely )

In real life ?; banned from the community and maybe harassed by someone who know's someone in an official position as could be many things...

Don't expect a "mai pen rai"  never mind outcome...

Thanks for the info. If you don't mind let me ask what do you think would happen it's not the local boy but a farang somewhere in the city who had a sex and maybe a short relationship with her but who does not want to marry her.

Do you think the honor gang would come to the city to sort this out? Or would it be good enough if the farang just never visits that village?

And does this only apply to young girls i.e. with 17 or 19? Or does the same logic apply also to >20 year old girls?

• 2 weeks later...