British chav filmed telling Udon Thani bar owner to “<deleted> off”

webfact

23 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It's a bar that sells alcohol,  yet doesn't want drunks? 

What a sick world we live in when you can't tell someone to f off without being spread over the internet. The batgirl had no right talking this man's video when he was drunk, without his consent.

Thank God there was no Facebook when I drank.

Do you not like Thai people?

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I understand what you mean in that 'everyone' seemed to 'stick-together' in their disdain for behavior such as this... However, it's not a witch-hunt or sanctimonious actions, it's simply unity... the opinions of the vast majority of posters are unanimous in their disdain for this character and his behavior. 

Those who left personal messages on his Facebook are a little daft... there's no point triggering a personal conflict with someone so clearly unstable.

Its the mob mentality , safety in numbers and joining in with the gang .

Would these people act individually , independently and alone ?

I dont think that they would 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 3:43 PM, catman20 said:

hope so!

In Asia, acting like he did will quickly resolved with a paid group of guys with baseball bats waiting for him to leave the premise before action. Most bars has their own enforcers and being a foreigner abuser is worse in making the owner lose face. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, skippy said:

Do you not like Thai people?

What has that strange question got to do with anything I wrote?

My wife, children and inlaws are Thai, and I am soon to be Thai. I have chosen to live in Thailand most of my life. No idea what your getting at.

On 11/9/2018 at 1:42 PM, crazykopite said:

It’s @$$HOLES like him to bring a bad name on the Brits living in Thailand . I hope Big Joke will send his team out and throw him on the first plane back to the U.K. ????

Yes but a month or two in the Bangkok Hilton would knock the smile of this pr..cks face then deported!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

In Asia, acting like he did will quickly resolved with a paid group of guys with baseball bats waiting for him to leave the premise before action. Most bars has their own enforcers and being a foreigner abuser is worse in making the owner lose face. 

Yet another urban myth. I have lived in Pattaya for years and never seen this happen. I know that it occasionally does happen, but it's rare. I was recently in a bar at closing time and a big Irish guy was really kicking off and refusing to pay his bill. The Thai woman owner didn't summon a bunch of MTB guys to kick him to death, she called his wife, who came to the bar but got no joy from her husband. The owner then called the police. 2 arrived but one sent the other away. He then gave the Irish guy a talking to and the guy paid up and left, very quietly.

That's the norm in Thailand. MTB vigilantes are a myth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yet another urban myth. I have lived in Pattaya for years and never seen this happen. I know that it occasionally does happen, but it's rare. I was recently in a bar at closing time and a big Irish guy was really kicking off and refusing to pay his bill. The Thai woman owner didn't summon a bunch of MTB guys to kick him to death, she called his wife, who came to the bar but got no joy from her husband. The owner then called the police. 2 arrived but one sent the other away. He then gave the Irish guy a talking to and the guy paid up and left, very quietly.

Tend to agree. The "thugs on speed dial response" is not the norm. There are a couple of go-gos in Pattaya where it does happen.

This looks like a small shophouse farang-owned bar in Udon. Not likely at all.

57 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Thats just what some people imagine will happen , but in reality that doesnt happen , some dodgy bill padding karaoke bars my have a mob ready for expected bill disputes , that bars do not have a rent-a-mob ready

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I think most guys, even drunk, are smart enough to know when they have to stop.

If this guy would have punched the women who filmed him then I think he would have had a good chance to end up in hospital.

He didn't punch her and it looks like he didn't show his fingers or insult too many guys on his way home.

Lots of Thai guys have a short fuse - that is not urban myth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Goodness, so you are generalising about Brit behaviour and you are a Brit. So you act like a Brit and behave this way?

Goodness, so you missed the self deprecating tone of the comment that most seem to have latched onto? I could go further, especially after your final sentence, but you seem to have comprehension problems so I shall refrain from giving you the opportunity to prove my original, albeit tongue in cheek, comment.

Have a good weekend.  

Just now, Briggsy said:

Tend to agree. The "thugs on speed dial response" is not the norm. There are a couple of go-gos in Pattaya where it does happen.

This looks like a small shophouse farang-owned bar in Udon. Not likely at all.

The previous poster talked about "most bars have their own enforcers". Again, untrue. The only bars that have door staff are gogos. These guys do help each other out if trouble really breaks out. A couple of beer bar complexes do employ a modicum of security but they are often little guys who couldn't knock the top off a rice pudding. There for show. The Nightwish Group on Soi 6 do employ a couple of security guys who float between 12 of their bars, in response to the incident in Ruby Club where the American killed an Aussie in a fight.

Normal shophouse bars never have security.

Just now, sanemax said:

Thats just what some people imagine will happen , but in reality that doesnt happen , some dodgy bill padding karaoke bars my have a mob ready for expected bill disputes , that bars do not have a rent-a-mob ready

They don't need a rent-a-mob ready. These rent-a-mob are more or less on every street corner.

I remember some time ago a bar in Nana with a guy who didn't want to pay. The waitress in charge (I don't know if she was the manager or part owner or whatever) asked the motorcycle guys in the soi if they want to earn a couple of 100B.

They liked the idea. The guy paid and never returned - good for him.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

They don't need a rent-a-mob ready. These rent-a-mob are more or less on every street corner.

I remember some time ago a bar in Nana with a guy who didn't want to pay. The waitress in charge (I don't know if she was the manager or part owner or whatever) asked the motorcycle guys in the soi if they want to earn a couple of 100B.

They liked the idea. The guy paid and never returned - good for him.

On 3 separate occasions I have stood up to groups of MTB guys who tried to intimidate me. On every occasion they backed down. The nature of a Central Thai man is inborn cowardice. Nothing to be afraid of. They're like rats, they're more scared of you than you are of them.

• Sad 1

Just now, HaleySabai said:

This bloke is likely to be buried in Thailand if he continues this typical neck-tattoo behavior.....

How many farangs do you know of that have been killed in Thailand for getting drunk and acting a bit lary?

I know of one in all my time here. An Australian.

Living in Pattaya, I see loud and lary drunks every week. They all go home at the end of their holidays.

• Like 1

Over the years and especially when I lived and worked in Bangkok I have seen a fair share of full-on shit kicking done in both one on one and in Thai-style teamwork. Can't say if these farang individuals were beaten to death,it wasn't pretty but they did eventually walk (or crawl) away.

Beaten into the ground not buried under is what I meant.

But you are right about the inherent cowardice of most Thai-men...but not all.  Thais tolerate - but there is no 1-2-3...only 3 and then the "lary" farang is on the floor...or worst. Life is cheap here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

On 3 separate occasions I have stood up to groups of MTB guys who tried to intimidate me. On every occasion they backed down. The nature of a Central Thai man is inborn cowardice. Nothing to be afraid of. They're like rats, they're more scared of you than you are of them.

You're the man!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1