Farang washing cars to make a living - says he's making 6,000 baht a day!

webfact

1 minute ago, steve187 said:

maybe does'nt get an Aussie pension, are they not means tested

Who would know in Australia if he's working here? He is allowed to earn about $4000 a year and still get a full pension.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

You have no idea what he did before he retired, he may have been a hard worker all his life, he certainly isn't sitting back with his feet up now.

But I do know if he was a hard worker as you imagine, he didnt save enough money to self fund his retirement and is now living of the taxpayer. A lot of people spend all their money on alcohol, ciggies, pokies,hookers etc. etc..

Then put their hand out for taxpayer (my) money, which offends me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Once again you assume he's getting an aged pension, maybe like me he only gets a part pension because of savings/investments etc. You're too quick to judge his circumstances.

Another one. 

No wonder we are in so much debt. 

The income tax taken from workers in Australia is similar to the amount that gets dished out in welfare every year.

So effectively, the workers have to pay tax so the non workers can stay at home watching TV. 

I like the Thai system better. Dont work and you will get SFA.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

He was descibed as a pensioner in the OP. Maybe he isnt, and the OP is wrong. Maybe he is self funded, and if so, good on him.

"Pensioner" does not necessarily mean that he gets a pension, it is also a general reference to a persons age group!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why have so many posters got a bee in their bonnets about a hypothetical situation and something that is none of their concern whatsoever?

Maybe they've done the hoop jumping marathon to get a WP and don't want any one to make it even more difficult in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You have to live in Australia for 35 years to get a maximum aged pension, you don't need to contribute anything, you could have been unemployed for all that time.

You could have also worked and contributed to a superannuation fund and be ineligible for a government pension. 

• Like 1