Farang washing cars to make a living - says he's making 6,000 baht a day!

webfact

2 minutes ago, cleverman said:

As to him cheating the tax man, you are all so off beam. His wife has a business and he helps out, for free. That does not affect his OAP. 

That is a little twisted! Someone not drawing a salary from a profit based business is not the same as an unpaid volunteer at a Recognized Charitable Organisation!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cleverman said:

As to him cheating the tax man, you are all so off beam. His wife has a business and he helps out, for free. That does not affect his OAP. 

Nowhere in my comments did I say he was 'cheating'. I have no idea if he is or not since I am not Australian. I did say 'conning' but that was in reply to comment made by giddyup talking about other people misusing the system. Please read comments fully before accusing any poster(s).

6 hours ago, mercman24 said:

you stupid old man 6000 a day ? no way, i fear his working days are going to come to an abrupt end soon. should have kept under the radar, cant deny anything with photographic proof

You fear?

Comments like this really bring out the jealousy 

Edited by bwpage3

6 hours ago, anterian said:

If the business is in his wife's name his participation will probably be overlooked by the law unless some Thai makes a formal complaint. Even working for free is against the law on a retirement visa. 

"Overlooked by the law"?    My word, you are an optimist.  If  the work permit situation is overlooked, as you suggest might happen, someone in uniform will soon be round for their cut.  Also, after hearing of the alleged revenue, a copy-cat Thai will be opening an identical business nearby within the next day or so.  

When my ex-wife opened a coffee shop, against my advice, in a small village and initially seemed to be doing quite well, a neighbour opened up another one in competition just across the road, thereby making sure that neither could possibly be profitable.  She lasted about four months, having spent a lot of investment cash in her business, whereas my ex-wife's business survived but still does little more than get by.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mercman24 said:

you stupid old man 6000 a day ? no way, i fear his working days are going to come to an abrupt end soon. should have kept under the radar, cant deny anything with photographic proof

"It was all because of jealousy, jealously!"

2 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

It is amazing the jealousy and negativity aimed at a 70 year old washing cars.

99.9% of the posts negative.

Arrested, deported? Really? 

Boys in Brown heading over to his house? Big Joke?

All of you must have a very poor life if you have to rail on someone washing cars to make a few baht.

Think about all this hate and bitterness over someone you don't even know, but jealous because he stated 6,000 baht a day.

You all made your own lives in Thailand and if you decided to live there with next to nothing it is your own fault.

The jealousy and bitterness with zero facts is simply appalling.

I don't really think that it's bitterness or jealousy. I think that a lot of posters on here are "BSL's ("Bar Stool Lawyers" that like to let everybody know how much they know about the Rules and Regs in Thailand - as per one of the first comments that simply said "Work Permit?". It may sound crazy, but you need a work permit in Thailand even for voluntary work. And many jobs are prohibited for foreigners. I don't want to list them all here, but to a foreign eye, the list looks ridiculous - some examples (hopefully without appearing to be a BSL!)

33. Cigarette rolling by hand;

34. Tour guide or sightseeing tour operation;

35. Street vending;

36. Typesetting of Thai characters;

37.  Silk reeling and twisting by hand;

Can't see anything about car washes, but it is probably covered by:-

6.  Shop/Outlet attendance;

However, TIT (This Is Thailand) and these are the rules we have to play by!

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

You obviously have a crystal ball to know what the other variables are and what the Australian rules are was is not in dispute. So you are quoting out of context. And you think that dividing by 4 in no way goes towards any of those variables you mentioned. Even dividing by 6 ( for six unknown variables) he would still be over your quoted limits. If six unknown variables is not enough for you then you (he receives 1/6) then I suggest you tell the OP not to make such inflated headlines in the future.

Once again you assume too much to try and reinforce your argument, Wasting your time and the time it takes me to read your nonsense.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Once again you assume too much to try and reinforce your argument, Wasting your time and the time it takes me to read your nonsense.

Please name the assumptions...5 days a week is a usual working week isn't it...Oh I get it, I assume that there are 52 weeks in a year. What planet are you on then? No assumptions just examples...which you didn't refute on sound logic. I can reinforce my argument with standard arithmetic and you can't. Get over it and move on.

32 minutes ago, sambum said:

Can't see anything about car washes, but it is probably covered by:-

6.  Shop/Outlet attendance;

Its covered by

1.  Labour work

A broad category that covers digging holes, washing cars, sweeping floors etc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

It is amazing the jealousy and negativity aimed at a 70 year old washing cars.

99.9% of the posts negative.

Arrested, deported? Really? 

Boys in Brown heading over to his house? Big Joke?

All of you must have a very poor life if you have to rail on someone washing cars to make a few baht.

Think about all this hate and bitterness over someone you don't even know, but jealous because he stated 6,000 baht a day.

You all made your own lives in Thailand and if you decided to live there with next to nothing it is your own fault.

The jealousy and bitterness with zero facts is simply appalling.

Its not jealousy , negativity etc, its being realistic. There is a history of people getting fined for doing this sort of work, manual labour is a Thai only occupation and many have been arrested and fined for similar.

Nobody wants him to be fined, we are not hoping he gets fined, most are just pointing out that he will most likely be fined. As many before him have been fined.

There have been cases on Thaivisa where a guy got fined for hanging some pictures in his wifes restaurant, a guy got fined for helping to unload the delivery truck at wifes bar, sweeping the floor in resturant and cleaning up etc.  All without broadcasting it on national television.

Not bitter towards the guy just pointing out the reality of his situation.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Its not jealousy , negativity etc, its being realistic. There is a history of people getting fined for doing this sort of work, manual labour is a Thai only occupation and many have been arrested and fined for similar.

Nobody wants him to be fined, we are not hoping he gets fined, most are just pointing out that he will most likely be fined. As many before him have been fined.

I almost what to delete my membership here..what a <deleted> hornets nest

36 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its covered by

1.  Labour work

A broad category that covers digging holes, washing cars, sweeping floors etc

Yes - you are quite right! 

"Labour work" could just about cover everything!

9 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Do you mean this thread or Mr Pearl's situation?

the business must have 7 thais working there before they can employ a farlang and he still will need a work permit , it does not look like he has got 7 thais working there ONLY HIM ! so he is breaking the law shame on him !