Video: Thais ripped off for 7,500 baht by rogue taxi in Paris

webfact

8 hours ago, sharktooth said:

I only use uber or grab no matter which country I am in that they operate. Taxi drivers all over the world will attempt to take you up the farter.

Taken many taxis in China major cities for past 20 years. Not once being scammed at all. 

12 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I'm astounded by the idiocy of the comments on this topic. The Paris crook almost was in kidnapping stage and tone of voice a serious threat. He needs his gonads kicked and put in jail. Thai taxi you need to know how to handle them if you have been here for some time. You have the option to get out. Your only as stupid as you look!

Do you advocate sending his “gonads” to jail after being kicked, or do you want him to go with them ?

I understand, you will no doubt think this a “stupid” question but I shall rely upon your good nature and

your obviously brilliant mind, ( 5,5,5!) to explain the matter.   

Edited by Torrens54
Correcting typo

I had the very surprising and emotional ride last June from the same airport to downtown Paris. 

It was a taxi ride (that cost me around 55 euros) in a brand new Benz driven by an old (like me) Khmer guy. As he noticed by the almond eyes of my daughter that we were coming from Asia, he asked if this was Thailand, and as we said yes, he mentioned that he knew Thailand... from a refugees camp. He then proceeded to narrate his Khmer rouge years in Phnom Penh as a kid, the forced labor to the countryside, then his escape to Thailand, with incredible vivid (and horrible) details; and then his recent reunion with his lost and found remaining family the year before, back to Cambodia. 

Just to say that not all drivers in Paris are crooks and you may most of the time have an uneventful, or even great one-hour ride as in this case. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Torrens54 said:

Do you advocate sending his “gonads” to jail after being kicked, or do you want him to go with them ?

I understand, you will no doubt think this a “stupid” question but I shall rely upon your good nature and

your obviously brilliant mind, ( 5,5,5!) to explain the matter.   

Never stated his gonads would be kicked off the stem. Brilliance is in the eye of the beholder, and no, not a stupid question if you read the content wrong.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...