What is better? Cars made in Thailand or foreign imports?

Go with the brand rather than the assembly location.

Two reasons why:

The global brands run their plants using their own technology, processes, and their own German/Japanese managers and senior engineers.

If its not made in Thailand then it will come from Mexico or China anyway, unless its a luxury brand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

I hardly ever see Volkswagen in Thailand.

A couple of old timers like the T-type transporters rebuilt as movable roadside cafes.

Seen in Pattaya and Bangkok.

Beetles also.

Sometimes you see modern type vans (T6?).

Passat very rare.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

That would explain why I see the modern type transporters.

Quite expensive even in Germany.

Same for Passat.

They use a VW sedan ubiquitously there for Taxis, also a type of Chevy. I cant recall the model names in either case. But likely different to the west anyway.

9 hours ago, heybuz said:

There has been a recall on airbags in a lot of countries around the world lately,my car was made in Thailand and has had the airbags replaced they are deemed dangerous,I don't recall similar recalls in Thailand

I've had airbags replaced both on a Honda CRV and a BMW 323i for free at the dealerships. I got no recall (both cars around 15 years old and I'm not the original owner), but when I went to get something else fixed, they replaced the airbags. So if you believe you have a faulty airbag, maybe it's and idea to contact you local dealer.

5 hours ago, jchfriis said:

I've had airbags replaced both on a Honda CRV and a BMW 323i for free at the dealerships. I got no recall (both cars around 15 years old and I'm not the original owner), but when I went to get something else fixed, they replaced the airbags. So if you believe you have a faulty airbag, maybe it's and idea to contact you local dealer.

Takata brand airbags