The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

and how much they paid for that Danish guy that doesn't have one goal in the PL, the guy ETH  said he would replace Ronaldo  BTW Ronaldo has 50 goals in (same as Haaland) for the current year (see below actualized list).... and yet ETH kicked him out  555

GOOGLE TRANSLATE is your friend

https://www.abola.pt/futebol/noticias/ronaldo-apanha-haaland-os-melhores-marcadores-de-2023-2023121123062270054

Ronaldo apanha Haaland: os melhores marcadores de 2023

OS MELHORES MARCADORES DE 2023

1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Al Nassr), 50 golos
Erling Haaland (Noruega/Man City), 50 golos

3. Harry Kane (Inglaterra/Tottenham/Bayern de Munique), 49 golos
Kylian Mbappé (França/PSG), 49 golos

5. Germán Cano (Fluminense), 40 golos
Dénis Bouanga (Gabão/Los Angeles FC), 40 golos

7. Barnabás Varga (Hungria/Paksi/Ferencvaros), 39 golos
Garbhan Coughlan (Cashmere Technical), 39 golos
Santiago Giménez (México/Feyenoord), 39 golos

10. Romelu Lukaku (Bélgica/Inter/Roma), 38 golos

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I awakened early this morning, put the telly on, and there was the Man Utd game.

I noticed that the technical areas are not either side of the centre line. Anyone any idea why please.

Yeah I woke at 4am, couldn't sleep so I watched the second half. That cured me :laugh:.

A record breaking campaign. Fewest points, most goals conceded etc. and on paper it was a fairly easy group to qualify from. 

Looks like they picked a real winner in ETH. Diet Pep is starting look more like Coke Zero. 82 million for Antony. 64 for Hojlund. Jonny Evans at CB. Sancho on Fifa (PS5). 

No wonder Rick is upset :laugh:.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yeah I woke at 4am, couldn't sleep so I watched the second half. That cured me :laugh:.

A record breaking campaign. Fewest points, most goals conceded etc. and on paper it was a fairly easy group to qualify from. 

Looks like they picked a real winner in ETH. Diet Pep is starting look more like Coke Zero. 82 million for Antony. 64 for Hojlund. Jonny Evans at CB. Sancho on Fifa (PS5). 

No wonder Rick is upset :laugh:.

still not fired, they really must believe on losers.... Mourinho, Van Gaal,  Moyes all fired with better performances then this nobody guy

• Agree 1

On 12/13/2023 at 11:25 AM, mrbojangles said:

Heres one for you Rick

Congratulations to Manchester United for setting a new record in the UCL . Most conceded goals in the group stage by any English club ever !!! 

The UCL ? Mr anti UEFA is calling it the UCL 😆

9 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Opinion seems split on your manager....personally I'd be sacking your scouts lol

the guy is a wishy-washy, absolutely no personality, no enthusiasm when speaking, always finding excuses, should have been fired long time ago... after the smashing they will get tonight from Liverpool he will pack  555

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

the guy is a wishy-washy, absolutely no personality, no enthusiasm when speaking, always finding excuses, should have been fired long time ago... after the smashing they will get tonight from Liverpool he will pack  555

Hmmm.........I fear that United will get a hammering tonight, and luckily enough friend of mine here who is a Liverpool supporter doesn't phone me up to rub it in!

Thinking about United, it's not just ETH who is the problem, although IMO he seems to have the personality of a pickled squid, because thinking back over all of the previous managers, there really hasn't been a quality one amongst them except maybe David Moyes, and OGS was a disaster.

If you consider the above plus the poor signings they have made over the few years, you will realise that there was no plan in place to be able to build a team which could challenge for trophies, and no one with any sense/capabilities to recognise talent when they saw it, or for that matter, and importantly, how they could mould these players into a cohesive unit.

A shambles I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/17/2023 at 10:53 AM, xylophone said:

Hmmm.........I fear that United will get a hammering tonight, and luckily enough friend of mine here who is a Liverpool supporter doesn't phone me up to rub it in!

Thinking about United, it's not just ETH who is the problem, although IMO he seems to have the personality of a pickled squid, because thinking back over all of the previous managers, there really hasn't been a quality one amongst them except maybe David Moyes, and OGS was a disaster.

If you consider the above plus the poor signings they have made over the few years, you will realise that there was no plan in place to be able to build a team which could challenge for trophies, and no one with any sense/capabilities to recognise talent when they saw it, or for that matter, and importantly, how they could mould these players into a cohesive unit.

A shambles I'm afraid.

Luckily enough my fear didn't become a fact, although Liverpool had the vast majority of possession. Phew!! But it still doesn't change the underlying problems that United have.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

Luckily enough my fear didn't become a fact, although Liverpool had the vast majority of possession. Phew!! But it still doesn't change the underlying problems that United have.

how many buses did they bring and park at Anfield .... MU looked like a 3rd tier team playing (trying) the big leagues but I was discussed by the quality of the first half that I gave up watching the second one

On 12/18/2023 at 5:56 PM, Mavideol said:

how many buses did they bring and park at Anfield .... MU looked like a 3rd tier team playing (trying) the big leagues but I was discussed by the quality of the first half that I gave up watching the second one

Mourinho goes there and parks the bus, gets a 0-0 nil and is called a tactical genius. ETH does the same against a stronger team and is vilified. A draw at Anfield is never a bad thing and Utd. showed a bit of gumption for a change.

• Thumbs Up 1

I watched the 2-0 loss to West Ham on Match of the Day on Sunday and something which Alan Shearer, a player whom I greatly respect, said after he analysed the game made so much sense....

He said that ETH mentioned after the match that United have to stick to the plan, and therein lies the problem, because in the many clips which were shown, it was quite obvious that there was no plan and this was highlighted by the fact that when United did manage to go on the attack from either wing, there was no one in the penalty area to pick out with a pass/scoring chance!!

This was something I hadn't thought about before, but it was glaringly obvious in the clips shown.

I expect that David Moyes was quietly celebrating after that win, given his short shrift when at United.

The problem, as I see it, is that there is a dearth of available and good managers whom United could approach to take over – – – time will tell.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/25/2023 at 1:01 PM, xylophone said:

I watched the 2-0 loss to West Ham on Match of the Day on Sunday and something which Alan Shearer, a player whom I greatly respect, said after he analysed the game made so much sense....

He said that ETH mentioned after the match that United have to stick to the plan, and therein lies the problem, because in the many clips which were shown, it was quite obvious that there was no plan and this was highlighted by the fact that when United did manage to go on the attack from either wing, there was no one in the penalty area to pick out with a pass/scoring chance!!

This was something I hadn't thought about before, but it was glaringly obvious in the clips shown.

I expect that David Moyes was quietly celebrating after that win, given his short shrift when at United.

The problem, as I see it, is that there is a dearth of available and good managers whom United could approach to take over – – – time will tell.

that guy ETH has a tendency of blaming everybody and everything for his lack of knowledge, listen to his comments whereby he said they completely controlled the game, same with Bournemouth... Last year he replaced/fired Ronaldo with a Dutch guy that didn't put a goal in, this year he brings in a Den guy who hasn't put 1 in as well (he did score some in the  coupes but not on the EPL) while Ronaldo currently has scored 51 goals in all competitions.... it susprises me that ETH still around, others were fired much earlier and they were playing football as now they are not playing shxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 12/31/2023 at 5:22 PM, Jockstar said:

How long does the manager get?

If they are sensible they will leave it to the end of the season.

This season is pretty much over already (out of Europe and they won't make top 4) so INEOS may as well spend the rest of the season learning what the issues are (the players IMO) and extracting information from Ten Hag about which ones need to go. Then in the summer they can clear out the bad eggs (Martial, Sancho et al.) and potentially bring in a manager that can handle a job of this size. 

If they play their cards right, they could be challenging for titles again by 2027.

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

and potentially bring in a manager that can handle a job of this size. 

But Who , that is what I am trying to figure out.

We had Van Gaal and Mourinho and you don't get much bigger than that .

Where do we go after ETH ?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Then in the summer they can clear out the bad eggs (Martial, Sancho et al.) and potentially bring in a manager that can handle a job of this size. 

And who would that be.........:whistling:

Just now, NE1 said:

We stick with him....:thumbsup:

51 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Yeah that's why I said potentially. They need to make sure they get the right man, if not they may as well stick with ETH. 

Personally I think Zidane would be a good fit, he'd get the respect of the players and the fans but the main issue lies with 5 or 6 bad characters in the dressing room IMO. Ancelotti would be a good choice as well but just signed a new deal. I don't think they have a choice but to replace ETH after this season, I think he's made so many questionable decisions that it's a long way back for him, especially if he continues to fall out with players and they finish around 8th which is quite possible now.

I actually think he wants to go now, he's just waiting for the chop so he can get the 20 million or whatever and move on to an easier job at a less dysfunctional club rather than trying to fix United.

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I think he's made so many questionable decisions that it's a long way back for him, especially if he continues to fall out with players and they finish around 8th which is quite possible now.

Yes, and he seems about as motivational as a pickled squid...........one of many poor choices for a manager, and of players.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

should be easy to get anybody better.... worse not so easy  555

• Like 1