The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Edinson Cavani: FA expected to investigate social media post by Manchester United striker

A social media post from Manchester United forward Edinson Cavani is expected to be investigated by the FA following the Uruguay international's inspired second-half performance in United's dramatic comeback victory against Southampton at St. Mary's

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12146739/edinson-cavani-fa-expected-to-investigate-social-media-post-by-manchester-united-striker

Edited by ChipButty

Robin van Persie leads the praise for 'El Matador' as Manchester United fans revel in Edinson Cavani's super sub display at Southampton... and points out he has more goals than Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang despite playing only 100 MINUTES 

• Haha 1

Manchester United fight back from 2-0 down to beat Southampton 3-2! The goals coming from Bruno Fernandes and two headers from Edinson Cavani... What a turnaround! Here is my review on the game. What did you think of our performance

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Edinson Cavani: FA expected to investigate social media post by Manchester United striker

A social media post from Manchester United forward Edinson Cavani is expected to be investigated by the FA following the Uruguay international's inspired second-half performance in United's dramatic comeback victory against Southampton at St. Mary's

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12146739/edinson-cavani-fa-expected-to-investigate-social-media-post-by-manchester-united-striker

This is a real worry. Apparently Suarez got 3 game ban for using the same term. Let's hope common sense prevails.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

This is a real worry. Apparently Suarez got 3 game ban for using the same term. Let's hope common sense prevails.

Liverpool's Luis Suarez has been handed an eight-match ban and a £40,000 fine by the Football Association after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

Powar said Fare has taken advice on the abusive word used by Suarez and the context of similar words in South American dialect.

He added: "If it is used in a friendly fashion then it is acceptable, it turns immediately to a hostile meaning if it is used as an offensive word.

I dont speak Spanish to know if that true

35 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Liverpool's Luis Suarez has been handed an eight-match ban and a £40,000 fine by the Football Association after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

Was it 8... that makes sense. This was a posting thanking someone for congratulating him on his match performance. We all know words can be used in different ways, let's hope the FA / PL are sensible.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Was it 8... that makes sense. This was a posting thanking someone for congratulating him on his match performance. We all know words can be used in different ways, let's hope the FA / PL are sensible.

Right so it's a word used in a different way when it suits you, last week it was racist. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

What a joke that was, too many primadonnas upset at a bit of name calling.

Apparently Anton Ferdinand has been sulking for 9 years over something John Terry might or might not have said. 

27 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Right so it's a word used in a different way when it suits you, last week it was racist. 

Yes...that's the difference between it being used in a friendly context, and in an argument as an insult. 

A slap on the wrist and a talk should suffice. The guy knows almost no English and has pretty much just landed in the country. 

1 minute ago, twocatsmac said:

What a joke that was, too many primadonnas upset at a bit of name calling.

Apparently Anton Ferdinand has been sulking for 9 years over something John Terry might or might not have said. 

No... in that instance it was spot on, because it was obvious he'd used the name insultingly. 

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

No... in that instance it was spot on, because it was obvious he'd used the name insultingly. 

If you’re referring to John Terry he was found not guilty in court. 

If referring to Suarez, an 8 match ban for verbals is a joke. 

3 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

an 8 match ban for verbals is a joke. 

Depends on what type of verbals. No place for racism on a football pitch now or then. You are defending a guy who has bitten another human being on at least 3 occasions. 

27 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Depends on what type of verbals. No place for racism on a football pitch now or then. You are defending a guy who has bitten another human being on at least 3 occasions. 

I’m not defending his eating habits (not the issue)  but I thought the Suarez match ban was excessive at the time and still do. 

I also think Cavani has nothing to answer for, let’s wait and see what the cowards at the FA can cook up.

Edited by twocatsmac
Remove word
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

I’m not defending his eating habits (not the issue)

Hardly the best character reference though is it.

The come from the same country and are good footballers... but there the similarity between Suarez and Cavani ends. Always struck me as a big contrast even before he joined United. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Hardly the best character reference though is it.

The come from the same country and are good footballers... but there the similarity between Suarez and Cavani ends. Always struck me as a big contrast even before he joined United. 

He has a streak of nastiness in him as well! See his straight red the other day? As it was for an assault on Richarlison, I've forgiven him already????

1 minute ago, wilai said:

He has a streak of nastiness in him as well! See his straight red the other day? As it was for an assault on Richarlison, I've forgiven him already????

Of course he has a streak of nastiness, you won't get far without one playing in South America. 

Honestly, who would you rather have in your team right now... Firminho or Cavani? Don't lie....

As an aside, I have to say watching your game, it struck me that James Milner has had a pretty incredible career. Burst on the scene as a teenage striker, and has reinvented himself over the years into a kind of high level jack of all trades. Well done on a great career... If he wins 3 more titles he will be comparable to Phil Neville. 

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Of course he has a streak of nastiness, you won't get far without one playing in South America. 

Honestly, who would you rather have in your team right now... Firminho or Cavani? Don't lie....

Calm down, he’s played around half hour for you so far at a potential cost of millions. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1