The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Last night v Brighton, who packed their defence, we witnessed some of the best attacking ,creative movement we have seen all season. Their mistake was not building a 3-0 lead 2-0 is always dangerous and to Chris Hughton & Brighton's credit they never let up.

Another bonus, apart from another 3 points, was Dalot showing he could play left back as well as right ,his link up play was excellent.If anyone would have told me Young at his advanced age would be  a shining light at RB I would have questioned their sanity.

The dilemma now is what competition to prioritise, other results in the league are not helping surely top 4 has to be number one

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

There are obviously two sections of Mourinho's career but you can't forget that what he did in the first part will probably remain unsurpassed.

I agree that going and doing interviews sounding bitter will do him no good. He needs to wish United luck, go on a long holiday, and then plan his next move.

I think there is a lot of frustration in him. Geniuses can often struggle that normal people (in this case the English fans + media) don't see things with the same brilliant mind as them. In this case of course it went tits up, but he probably feels that he was misunderstood.

He claims he has turned down 3 offers already. I’m not sure if he’s including the Macclesfield job. 

https://apple.news/A7T63gSkgR5mtmrbzf_2skQ

He has a point about some of these new snowflakes In the modern game. 

Edited by Kadilo

9 hours ago, carmine said:

He seems to be loathed at every club he's managed, with the exception of United. All the Inited fans i know just consider he did a lousy job and that be the end of it.

Chelsea fans all acknowledge the great years they had under him but most quite understandably detest him for the way he ripped things apart in forcing his exit a couple of years ago.  His treatment of the female doctor told you all you needed to know about the character of the guy!  

At Real Madrid most of the squad loathed him and created a "him or us" situation to force Perez's hand.

His style of football is a relic from a bygone age and you can only see United improving and moving forward now he's gone.  I think it says a lot that fans of United's direct rivals were desperate for Jose to be given more time.....

But lots of top teams employ him.

He'll be back next season with a 'name' club i have no doubt.

I think the Premier is more interesting with him in it and i don't have much of a problem with him.

His record speaks for itself!

I think there is some truth in Mourinho's comments (board didn't back him in the summer to buy the CB needed) but a lot of bullshit as well - we know his tactics to always deflect by creating a stir - he should put his side of the story across but he should also accept some of the blame (he never will of course).

18 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Last night v Brighton, who packed their defence, we witnessed some of the best attacking ,creative movement we have seen all season. Their mistake was not building a 3-0 lead 2-0 is always dangerous and to Chris Hughton & Brighton's credit they never let up.

Another bonus, apart from another 3 points, was Dalot showing he could play left back as well as right ,his link up play was excellent.If anyone would have told me Young at his advanced age would be  a shining light at RB I would have questioned their sanity.

The dilemma now is what competition to prioritise, other results in the league are not helping surely top 4 has to be number one

The point about prioritizing was raised recently at one of Pochettino's press conferences.  he said same as you and i too think this is the way it's gone.

18 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Im not sure if they make top 4 all depends on other results and how we do against the other top teams we have to play yet I think the emphasis would be to get to 4 UTD will drop points at some stage,

After a big game like PSG who do we play? thats where they could drop points

They are up against Arsenal next Friday in the cup, my Heart says one thing, my head says another

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

James Rodriguez to Arsenal? Gonzalo Higuain to Chelsea? Malcom to Spurs? 10 Premier League transfers that could still happen before the window shuts 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6614901/Higuain-Chelsea-Rodriguez-Arsenal-10-Premier-League-transfers-happen.html

Those transfer rumors mostly look like a load of <deleted> but i would love Spurs to get James Rodriguez on loan!

8 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Andy Carrol would break his wrist signing for Spurs

......then get injured again washing his hair. He fits their price range for the job they want someone to do. That’s about it. Might as well stick with Llorente

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

PSV winger Steven Bergwijn 'prefers Manchester United transfer over Tottenham'

Another Depay or what?

Steven Bergwijn, Dutch, left winger, having a very good season, 21 years old etc etc.

Memphis Depay, Dutch, left winger, golden boot winner Dutch first division, 21 years old when we bought him.

Edited by ChipButty

David Beckham joins Manchester United Class of '92 as Salford City co-owner

Man Utd Class of '92 have announced David Beckham as a new co-owner of Salford City at a press conference this morning.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-david-beckham-salford-15719920

Edited by ChipButty

9 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

David Beckham joins Manchester United Class of '92 as Salford City co-owner

Man Utd Class of '92 have announced David Beckham as a new co-owner of Salford City at a press conference this morning.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-david-beckham-salford-15719920

Much better if they also changed the name to Salford United sounds better

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Most of them send their kids to the City academy anyway.

As an aside. Why didn’t they pump their money into FC United of Manchester?

FCUM was basically a reactionary club which stemmed from discontent with the Glazers. The Class of 92 don't want to be seen as siding against the club.

FCUM now down near the bottom of National League North. Can't see them progressing any further. Anyone who attended a game involving them can testify that their fans are nothing short of disgraceful. Many of them are hooligans who are banned from watching United. They take advantage of the lower security at non league grounds to smuggle in cheap lager which they can't handle. And in the case of an Alty game, grown drunk men kicking off on young teenagers. Not welcomed and not respected in non league football. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Neymar has fractured a metatarsal, which should be rather important news to United.  Just got to hope Mbappe does his hamstring now!

No worries there, within 5 minutes of kick off, Bailly will do that for him.