Where to buy sweatpants and sweatshirts

connda

I'd like to buy some new sweatpants and sweatshirts.  The one's I brought over from the US over 10 years ago are starting to show their age.  Has anyone seen Hanes or at least a decent quality brand sweat-cloths sold anywhere in CM?

s-l300.jpg.e22b41dd6d3aebd22745dadb829bf1d5.jpg

Edited by connda

• 2 months later...
On 12/8/2018 at 4:41 PM, marcusarelus said:

Uniqlo

Don't buy from Uniqlo, I returned pants to them but they wouldn't accept it back even though it is within the allowed period and it was tried  out once for like 10 mins.

Edited by EricTh

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Don't buy from Uniqlo, I returned pants to them but they wouldn't accept it back even though it is within the allowed period and it was tried  out once for like 10 mins.

You wore an item of clothing for 10mins then tried to return it... Had you removed the labels?

Personally - I find Uniqlo clothing of reasonable quality and competitive prices...  If the Op wants sweat pants, that would be my first port of call. 

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You wore an item of clothing for 10mins then tried to return it... Had you removed the labels?

Personally - I find Uniqlo clothing of reasonable quality and competitive prices...  If the Op wants sweat pants, that would be my first port of call. 

No, I didn't remove anything.

I tried it on at home to really get the feel of it but it turns out the cloth is made of cheap material when I compared with my other pants.

When I tried to return, they said, it is 'not new' anymore and showed me a perfect new pants and how it should be.

Of course, the pants were taken home, tried and folded back, so how can it be 100% completely new? I personally don't see  any difference between 99% new and 100% new.

Their return policy is a scam and I won't buy anything from them again.

Edited by EricTh

FWIW, for Americans, Hanes sells a full range of their products online thru their own Hanes.com website, and if you subscribe to their emails, you'll get bombarded with regular things like 40-50% off sales that are real sales off their regular prices (not the Thai style fake sales) along with free domestic U.S. shipping at times, including now.

The Hanes site also accepts international orders sent to Thailand via a service called Borderfree. But I've never used Borderfree, and instead, always have Hanes send to my own mailhouse address in the U.S., and then have my own re-shipping service send it onward to me from there, probably at lower shipping costs and usually no duty at all vs the commercial senders.

But either way, buying from Hanes direct had been very useful for both me and my wife, who likes their T-shirts and short pants for casual wear. For me, they also have tops in up to at least 3XL or larger sizes, and sizes available for both TALL guys separate from BIG guys, the TALL stock being especially useful for me!

https://www.hanes.com/shop/hanes/men/sweatshirts-hoodies#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:20&

PS - Here in Thailand, I've seen T-shirts labeled as Hanes brand sold in places like Big C from time to time, but the material was very thin and they were small Thai only sizes of course. Also, I wasn't quite sure whether they were legit Hanes tees or knock off fakes.  But I don't remember ever seeing any "sweat" products of theirs here.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

Not sure what the name of it is, but the shop on Huay Kaew Road at the corner of Canal Road (on the left side just before the intersection if you're heading toward the zoo) is worth a look and they have large sizes.

Ya, this is why I never use Hanes own international shipping service....

I just priced two sweat hoodies on their website, which are selling right now for about 600 baht apiece, or almost 1200b for a pair of them.

So then I said I wanted Hanes to ship them to Thailand, and their added shipping fee and customs charge came to an extra 1800+ baht more -- well more than the cost of the two hoodies.

Thus, as I explained above, best, if possible, to make your own reshipping arrangements from the U.S., unless money/price is no concern.

As compared to what you see below, when I reship with the Planet Express service in the U.S., for two hoodies, I might pay 700 baht or so in shipping fees and no customs duty at all.... a considerable savings off Hanes own 1800+b international shipping and customs duty markups.

Hanes own quote for international shipping to Thailand:

809326182_2019-03-0913_15_23.jpg.73a5d3501e3822c672b97744d969e6f9.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK