Northern drug runner caught with 200,000 speed pills bound for Pattaya

Rimmer

Northern drug runner caught with 200,000 speed pills bound for Pattaya

image.png

PATTAYA:--A northern drug runner who spent 16 years in prison for trafficking methamphetamines is looking at an even longer stretch behind bars after being caught moving 200,000 ya ba pills in Pattaya.

Chonburi and Pattaya police on Dec. 13 announced the arrest of Sophon Sainee, 46, at the PTT gas station on Sukhumvit Road in North Pattaya. Police said he confessed to working for a major drug-smuggling operation in the North.

Sophon was caught in a sting operation with 60,000 methamphetamine tablets. Another 40,000 pills were found in his Ayutthaya apartment.

A further 100,000 speed pills were recovered from the roadside on Kanchanapisek Road in Bangkok’s Bangkae District where they were hidden with instructions for Sophon to pick them up and deliver to Pattaya.

All the drugs were to be sold in Pattaya, police said.

Sophon was released from prison in July 2016 after serving 16 of his 17-year sentence for smuggling 2,900 ya ba pills in Samut Prakan in 2000.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-21

7 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I have never seen a country that makes huge huge drug busts about every week....I honestly think a least half of them must be fake...

"fake"......seriously....here in LOS....nah never  :whistling:

17 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I have never seen a country that makes huge huge drug busts about every week....I honestly think a least half of them must be fake...

It's the same stash that the police use to make themselves look good.  It's Plod's version of recycling.