Thailand Still cheaper than home

jimmyyy

There is a reason so many American vets are here.[emoji16]  Seriously though what are the odds?  My grandfather didn't go to a doctor for 80 years and then the hospital for 3 days and died.  Mom I took care of at home for 3 years and she needed no care that would not have been provided better by a Thai nurse's aid who could cook.  I moved here 20 years ago at 60 and have spent nothing on health care if you count the money I get from VA.  50% of the deaths in Australia require palliative care.  You pays your money you takes your chances 50/50 odds.  Not a bad bet.
Well it's not a fair comparison leaving it out. Probably everyone thinks along the same lines that's why there are no hospitals ambulances and emergency wards and the roads here are super safe to. It's all good [emoji16]
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, madmen said:

2k won't buy you much, I would be surprised if covers some broken bones and metal pins

cost of a few weeks in ICU and surgery can easy hit 2 to 3 million baht according to Sheryl

That's the annual premium for a major medical plan. $2k = about 66k b.

Edited by Bang Bang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am in my 60ś and pay 70,000 b a year for a very good Aetna plan.  Private room in hospital, etc, if I need it.

The people who complain about the cost of insurance here either have many preexisting issues or are obviously clueless.

The same plan in my country was over 200,000 b a year.

With this for me, this place is 1/3 to 1/4 less to live.  Utilities, food, rent or a house, insurance, time with a cute young lady, etc.... God, add it all up it is so much much less here.

But I guess if someone is from Kansas or Missouri,  maybe not so much..

• Like 1

I am in my 60ś and pay 70,000 b a year for a very good Aetna plan.  Private room in hospital, etc, if I need it.
The people who complain about the cost of insurance here either have many preexisting issues or are obviously clueless.

With this for me, this place is 1/3 to 1/4 less to live.  Utilities, food, rent or a house, insurance, time with a cute young lady, etc.... God, add it all up it is so much much less here.

Same question what's your coverage for? How much in baht? Just the major stuff. I would be interested myself if it's any good

25 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

He pays rent because he is focusing on his student loans he is 24.  1500 in toronto ha what sort of closet was that. I have worked in toronto no way you were king like perhaps plebe like Of course i own my house 3 of them in fact.  

Oh, so now he has student loans which you conveniently forgot to add when putting up this ridiculous OP.

Jesus Wept, perhaps I should get me a loan at one of them 90 million baht Ritz Residences, so I can prove that I'm spending more than $3,500 a month in Thailand. 

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, madmen said:
27 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Same question what's your coverage for? How much in baht? Just the major stuff. I would be interested myself if it's any good

Call an AIA agent and ask.  I had to ask a few before I found one who wanted my geriatric business. 

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Depends...

Yep.

Lifestyles, costs of living, and situations will vary greatly from one individual to the next. 

Yet, on the whole, life can be had better in Thailand than most comparative Western lifestyles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

For me, there's no substitute for the home turf on the Pacific Ocean - fishing, boating, pleasant weather. 

sorry to disagree but lived in San Diego & Santa Monica and know for a fact for the amount of 78,000 baht month (+- 2,500 USD) you can't have all you mentioned

Hell yes it is cheaper her that back in the US, just returned from a 2 months vacation in the states with the wife. Gin and tonic in SF 11 dollars, a meal for us both 100 dollars, we did eat in other places not so expensive. At home in new Mexico 20 dollars a meal for two on average in CM 10 dollars a meal at more upscale places but bowl of noodles 80 bhat for two. 

1 hour ago, madmen said:
1 hour ago, Bang Bang said:
That's the annual premium for a major medical plan. $2k = about 66k b.

Yeah I know what you pay but how much are you COVERED for? What's the insurance company?

I changed to David Shield six months ago. The premium I paid as a 56 year old was USD 1,704 and at the time the premium for a 66 year old was USD 2,530 and for a 74 year old USD 3,540. That's for an overall coverage of USD 1.2 mio.

Sophon