Please Calculate Your Body Mass Index

NCC1701A

It's not for fit people or even thin people it's a tool to tell most of us where we stand roughly in the overweight scale.A lot of the sites are a bit hysterical if you are a 30 they scream that you are obese and give a long list of problems that you have or will definitely die from if you don't diet right now.use smartbmicalculator.com 
I tried that smartbmicalculator and its good, good commentary

Clubs in Australian Rules football ignore BMI measurements. There are quite a few champions who would fail dismally. Instead they use skin fold testing, which measures body fat. Woe betide the player in training who can't pass skin fold testing. They won't get a game.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:44 AM, Pilotman said:

A ridiculous and totally unreliable method, most NFL and rugby players would be classed as  obese by the BMI measurement.  Why people continue to peddle this nonsense astounds me. 

It's an indicator !

Edited by joecoolfrog

On 1/24/2019 at 4:52 PM, NCC1701A said:

Normal weight = 18.5–24.9

22.8 here.  Down from 24 and I am still trying to lose some stomach fat, but that's all really, can't complain.  

Back in Norway I suspect my BMI would be much higher, over 25 10 years ago.

So its more outdoor activities and less fatty food here in Thailand that helps me to stay slim. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/why-being-overweight-means-you-live-longer-the-way-scientists-twist-the-facts-10158229.html

30-35 live the longest

Maybe cause they are happy eating fun foods. Hapiness extends your life.

Nonsense, but believe it if you want. Just another excuse not to do your daily exercise and eat garbage food.
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Concrete said:

Blood pressure and blood glucose levels are the things you should look at.

All good, and I can easy adjust my bodyfat up and down. Just been christmas, so in 3 months all good, and back at 14%