Indonesian Motorcycle into Thailand

nuketank

Sawadeekhap, sorry if this is on the wrong forum / topic. I am planning to travel from Indonesia -> cross to Malaysia Peninsular and make my way to Thailand specifically for Phuket Bike Week 2019. The plan is to ride with a group of friends from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket. But as each individuals have their own plans, most of them are leaving Phuket straight back to Kuala Lumpur after a 2-nights stay in Phuket leaving me on a solo ride to explore other parts of Thailand.

I am not an expert nor a beginner in Thailand, had drove from Krabi to Chiang Mai on rental car in the past. Which leads me to my questions:

1. Assuming I have all the prerequisites to legally temporary import the motorcycle to Thailand what will be my other limitations? I realise there is a maximum 1 month stay for my visa, will that be the same for the motorcycle? Is there a way for an extension? (for motorcycle) This is so I can plan to come back to Indonesia do a little work and go back to Thailand for more explorations.

2. Are motorcycles allowed on highways from South to lets say Bangkok? I assume only cars are allowed on tollways?

3. Any group coming in to Phuket from BKK and I can ride along to go back North way?

Thanks. Khap khun khap. 

Are you sure Indonesian plated vehicles can be temporarily imported? I had read they are not. Malaysian, yes, Singaporean, yes, Laotian, yes, Cambodian, yes. Vietnamese, Chinese, Indonesian, no without special permission.

If you get in at Sadao or wherever on the Malaysian border, you can ride all the way to Chiang Rai. Motorcycles are not permitted on tollways, motorways or expressways. The road from the South is none of the above until it gets close to Bangkok.

Sorry I don't know about extending any import permit.