Foreigners now need to keep 800k in Thai bank for three months AFTER retirement extension is granted

22 minutes ago, mlkik said:

Exactly you work here. I do not , I am retired. I planned my retirement and have enough money to spend on a new car ,holiday abroad and on our family. What is your point? I am retired and you  still working? 5555

Nobody likes a braggart.????

I give the Thai's the respect that they are due - nothing more.

To do more would label me a mouse, a weakling and a man with no moral scruples. I am not that man but it appears that you are.

Respect is earned, not given and Thailand has not earned that respect and hasn't come close, nor will it, I suspect.

I am assuming that you can still pick your balls up at immigration if you ever leave.
Oh come on. Your being silly, I'm not talking about useful debate on these boards but blind hard-core attacks on every single thread for as far back as TV can be researched on EVERYTHING thai

You know it, I know it and The fact your trying to minimize it shows your an instigator. Or are you to blind to see it?

Only idiot farang would take on a nation of buhdists and think some how karma is just a myth.

Well today kinda destroyed that theory.

I have genuine sympathy for the family guys on a small budget that have embraces thailand. They don't deserve this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

someone already made a very good point earlier - what if you need this 400k baht suddenly for an emergency - medical for example, what happens then ?

This has not been thought through - there must be exceptions for emergencies 

This is part of the problem .... they never think things through. They are pushing us to the point where one considers other countries.

2 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Yes there's probably a lot of people who stand to lose their families and everything, with little option but to go to ground. 

You can bet your sweet bippy, Big Joke will have those guys in cuffs, and posing in a photo daily in the coming months, years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gentlemanjackdarby said:

I've dug into all the options in SE Asia and, IN MY OPINION, there's no question that the PI REALLY WANTS Western retirees, so my plan is to pick up an SRRV Courtesy, which as a U.S. vet costs essentially nothing, and simply be a tourist in Thailand.

Yep. I agree.
I spend more time there than Thailand now (in fact I mostly only go to Thailand when I need to go for business). 

4 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Yes there's probably a lot of people who stand to lose their families and everything, with little option but to go to ground. 

For people with Thai Family, I don't see any problem. They can go to neighboring countries and get Non-O ME without showing any money. They have to leave every 3-months but it is still an option. For single retirees, there is no option except go back to home country and get an O-A

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Decades of thai bashing is what's disgusting. Probably 90% of all posts.

It's called karma. To late now and it's always the poor that will suffer the most.

Perhaps farang can now show some respect for their host country. If the hatred continues then expect it back at you.. That's life

qxnnz4F.jpg

4 hours ago, Aforek said:

And for people who have a fixed deposit with 800000 bahts or more, how does it work ?

on the saving account, according to "and the remaining balance must be no less than THB 400,00 or; ", we must have always  at least  400000 bahts ? 

yes, and additional ,you will have to put in "fresh" money in every year (800 000 bht)

If you can't.......by by Thailand !

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

So you suddenly have a medical or family emergency which requires you to temporarily tap these funds, and your bank balance drops below 400K. You've got to go to immigration on your knees to beg for your visa to be renewed?

No the consequences are far worse than having to beg:

I really do feel sorry for guys with wives, children, homes, cars & bikes, paying for schooling etc, this is gonna be a hammer blow for a lot of guys.

I'm single, well divorced actually, I love my girlfriend and her family to bits, I could go to the farm and hide out until they find me or I could just hand everything over to her and piss off to Southern Europe, I don't know, it's to early to say, a very sad day indeed ????

• Like 2

Thais are Buddhists? Really, I thought their God was called Baht and their temple the Bangkok Bank.
And that's just one more example in a million bashes.

Lucky for you your amazing citizens in your home country could care less about $$ and survive on pure Righteousness [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

Foreign retirees here take nothing from the system and are offered nothing.

They pay their way and in NO Way are a burden to the system. They pay tax and probably more than Thai citizens and they support families and businesses. 

Why all the hate? Why all the rules? They take nothing from this country but give back daily. It is very confusing to say the least.

Agree with your statement 100% most if not all retirees are here to retire. How much more complex will it get? A lot of policy changes in a short period which is not necessary. 

Looking a lot like that very populated country starts with “C”. 

Will have to think about what to do if many more changes are made which a lot of it seems they want to drive out foreigners.

Who would you contact to send e-mail or? To give input and 

see what becomes of it. 

If a lot more complexity and regulations are put on the retirees

a d they decide had enough it will cause hardship on a number 

of Thai as well. 

Maybe that’s an approach that needs to be made by retirees families? 

29 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Blimey! Big Joke must be laughing himelf silly at the kerfuffle he has caused. Much ado. . . 

He wont keep laughing long, when he sees the money-people move some where else, and leave the pour mothers and children where they belong.

nobody is going to marry any thai lady, they will choose a cambodgian .

1 hour ago, moto77 said:

This is kinda silly. You wouldn't be arrested for overstay if your visa was still valid when you left. Immigration isn't going to check your bank account balance. LOL.

So ,just move in time , and take all your belongings with you,

thats what i did .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

If a lot more complexity and regulations are put on the retirees

a d they decide had enough it will cause hardship on a number 

of Thai as well. 

Anyone got Big Jokes e mail address? Time he realized the problems he's causing for his own Thai people too, many of whom depend on us farang.

4 hours ago, OKF said:

which visa are they talking about here exactly. I am on a Multiple Non-O and leave the country every 2-3 months for 2-3 months....does this apply for me as well?

can somebody pls answer?

19 minutes ago, moto77 said:

Get on Kayak, choose "Sousse, Tunisia" (or wherever, but not Tunis) and select something like March 1 - March 30 and check the "all inclusive" box. You can find beachfront places for 50K-60K (baht). 

If someone needs a cheap option, the retirement requirements in Tunisia are really minimal. Fly in and apply. No minimum bank balance. You need 400 euro (less than 15,000 baht) per month in incoming transfers (which tells you how cheap it is to live there). 

Once you are on the spot, you will have to apply for a visa and resident card at the Tunisian Ministry of Internal Affairs The following documents are to be produced:

• a lease contract

• a copy of your passport

• two passport-size identity photos (it is best to get these done in Tunisia according to local standards)

• 2 tax stamps (costing 10 dinars each)

• proof of regular deposits on your Tunisian bank account.

Note that these documents have to be certified in Tunisia.

You are advised to open a dinar account in a Tunisian bank. Moreover, it is best to keep your bank account in your home country open so that you can make bank transfers. A minimum bank transfer of 400 euros per month is required.

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/africa/tunisia/14302-retiring-in-tunisia.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

I am not a retiree nor am I a pensioner but I really don't see what Thailand has to gain by all of this.

Foreign retirees here take nothing from the system and are offered nothing.

They pay their way and in NO Way are a burden to the system. They pay tax and probably more than Thai citizens and they support families and businesses. 

Why all the hate? Why all the rules? They take nothing from this country but give back daily. It is very confusing to say the least.

It's a Chinese requirement... clean the perimeter of farang...
... what thai chinees are doing with joy..

Edited by marqus12

Just now, thaijoe said:

still having problems people abt the money in the bank? just going to get worse. leave that shit whole and move to cambodia, or lao's

Or Latin America where you can actually fairly easily gain permanent residence status in some countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1