no helmet fine in the mail

KKr

Be aware,
had not heard this before.
other then speeding tickets or red-lights, we 
received a traffic ticket with a no-helmet fine in the mail,
complete with a picture of the motorbike and rider.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, KKr said:

we received a traffic ticket with a no-helmet fine in the mail,

So what's the problem.

Reminds me of a funny time in our village when a policeman was stopping people not wearing helmets.

He would say you bike is seized and I'll write you a ticket fine which you have to pay at the police station or you can go buy a helmet from the stall over there.

His wife use to sell the cheap m/c helmets. ????

11 minutes ago, KKr said:

ChiangRai province.
only back of the bike with license plate,
and back of someone with muuuch longer and darker hair than mine.

A friend got such a ticket a few years ago in Chiang Mai, seems to be something they do in the north ????

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Reliable little 2 stroke bike (non v twin!!) which I had to use when crashed my 250 cc Ambassador!

They were a common sight in my early bike days.

if you look at the at the picture/sketch you wi8ll notice a depiction of a v twin  possHD

Sorry to say, but anyone riding a motorbike anywhere in Thailand without a good helmet deserves a fine. The head is a very delicate thing. Just ask yourself- do I have enough problems already, without a broken skull, or smashed head, or face injury, or lost eye? I have two friends who have been in motorbike accidents on Samui within the last two years. One still cannot walk, or talk or function on her own, three years later, from a motorbike accident, where she hit her head on the pavement going only 20 kph. The other one has lost alot of his mental capacity after hitting his head. He insisted for years he would never wear a helmet. Now, he seems 15 years older. 

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry to say, but anyone riding a motorbike anywhere in Thailand without a good helmet deserves a fine.

Everyone mostly knows the problem where we are no enforcement morning school times and after 4 o/c.

My main concern is anyone riding anywhere in Thailand should not ride a motorbike / scooter unless they have had proper training before being allowed on the road.

Crash helmets, the mighty saviours we haven't done this for about a week ????

Where I stay outside the city 5% of the population "may" wear helmets, same throughout Thailand, should be a good money earner ????

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry to say, but anyone riding a motorbike anywhere in Thailand without a good helmet deserves a fine. The head is a very delicate thing. Just ask yourself- do I have enough problems already, without a broken skull, or smashed head, or face injury, or lost eye? I have two friends who have been in motorbike accidents on Samui within the last two years. One still cannot walk, or talk or function on her own, three years later, from a motorbike accident, where she hit her head on the pavement going only 20 kph. The other one has lost alot of his mental capacity after hitting his head. He insisted for years he would never wear a helmet. Now, he seems 15 years older. 

I disagree.

Why not make drinking and smoking illegal people are killing themselves with these personal choice habits everyday in the world.

Wearing a helmet should be a personal decision. If a person does not care about their health while on a motorcycle that should be their choice.

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I disagree.

Why not make drinking and smoking illegal people are killing themselves with these personal choice habits everyday in the world.

Wearing a helmet should be a personal decision. If a person does not care about their health while on a motorcycle that should be their choice.

I would agree. Don't like rules and regulations myself. Or police, fines and courts either. However, if you need treatment that could have been avoided (same applies to not wearing seat belt in car), then you should have to pay the cost yourself. Have sympathy for ambulance personnel having to scrape brains off roads and parts of peoples faces off windscreens too.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I used to think like you, but at the same time, if people want to be handicapped or die, who cares ? it's their problem, and if any of them hit y car, they will be the ones with problems, not me !

45 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

I would agree. Don't like rules and regulations myself. Or police, fines and courts either. However, if you need treatment that could have been avoided (same applies to not wearing seat belt in car), then you should have to pay the cost yourself. Have sympathy for ambulance personnel having to scrape brains off roads and parts of peoples faces off windscreens too.

And what is great is that in Thailand we do not pay for these idiots, and if they have no money or insurance nobody pays for them !

Yes, they do it in some area. 

I saw one of those that was sent to a friend's house in Chiangmai and you can see the scooter registration plate  from the back and the driver and passenger with no helmet.

It was taken at a traffic light. Easy work for the traffic cop. 

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

Or the relatives and friends who get a life sentence of looking after a vegetable because said vegetable was so focused on personal freedom. Not much freedom in a wheelchair.

10 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

IN CM. Helmet in daytime, nighttime no Helmet ok. I got a picture of my backside on bike a few years ago for no helmet about 2 years ago, but the fine went to wife as bike was registered in her name. 

Your wife could have told you to pay the fine yourself. I'm assuming her backside looks different to yours.

The reverse happened with me, my GF got snapped in CM on my bike. I made her pay the fine herself. Lesson learned, she has worn a helmet ever since.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry to say, but anyone riding a motorbike anywhere in Thailand without a good helmet deserves a fine. The head is a very delicate thing. Just ask yourself- do I have enough problems already, without a broken skull, or smashed head, or face injury, or lost eye? //

Remind me this picture from this yesterday article:sad:

dsc07079.jpg.8ec9795f5bdcfb99bb9f2341e2c

On 2/23/2019 at 1:13 PM, KKr said:

ChiangRai province.
only back of the bike with license plate,
and back of someone with muuuch longer and darker hair than mine.

So you've had a haircut and bought a bottle of hair dye. Smart cookie.

Archived